Post: When do you think the PS3 will be officially shut down?
05-02-2016, 04:20 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In my opinion, I believe that the PS3 will be offically shut down in 8-10 years from now. Since Xbox has stopped making production of their Xbox 360 Consoles. Do you think Sony will do the same with theirs? So many questions we may ask, but what is your opnions guys?
05-02-2016, 04:22 AM #2
Default Avatar
Remy
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
In my opinion, I believe that the PS3 will be offically shut down in 8-10 years from now. Since Xbox has stopped making production of their Xbox 360 Consoles. Do you think Sony will do the same with theirs? So many questions we may ask, but what is your opnions guys?

When Sony shuts it down it will be shut down.
05-02-2016, 09:28 AM #3
In my opinion, I believe that the PS3 will be offically shut down in 8-10 years from now. Since Xbox has stopped making production of their Xbox 360 Consoles. Do you think Sony will do the same with theirs? So many questions we may ask, but what is your opnions guys?

Give it 7 years. Look how long PS2 took. Besides, there's tons of games that are only on PS3 and not PS4, so if servers are taken down, then those trophies are for not.
05-02-2016, 01:04 PM #4
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda

Given the fact they send out updates every now and then i would maybe another 10yrs before they shut it down.

The following user thanked Jon Snow for this useful post:

Juan
05-03-2016, 06:46 PM #5
Italy
Little One
they don't make money off selling PS4's it comes from PS Plus sales, and because the PS3 network is free, it might be sooner then you think.
05-03-2016, 07:51 PM #6
I'd say two-three years at least.
05-04-2016, 02:35 AM #7
Jiggy
Can’t trickshot me!

Never :( because i still enjoy PS3.
05-04-2016, 04:06 AM #8
ymh
Treasure hunter
the console its self i'd be fine with there being no new games or anything as of this year but servers for popular games and the console would be good to see them go a few more years before they start cutting the servers off . as long as theres people willing to maintain them and a fair amount of players will last a while more, talking about servers something weird happened, the past year on shift 2 there has been no server access i went on yesterday and there was access but no players, it's probably just me but i thought they cut the server for that game???? anyways i think as a console it could go for another 2 - 5 years with popular games other then that im not sure what to think. sony cuts it when they do. if it never gets cut but has no games that would be good too as you could still sync trophies.
05-04-2016, 07:23 PM #9
H4MZ4
Little One
I'm sure there are a few long years with them still.... I'm surprised Microsoft already quit the production of the 360
05-05-2016, 10:44 AM #10
Id say 3-4 years but one thing I really miss the ps home boy that was so fun I wish they would bring it back on the ps4

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo