Post: Sony to pay millions to gamers to settle the PS3 Linux debacle
06-23-2016, 12:33 AM #1
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i didn't see this posted and figured i would post it so those that this affects will know what to do.

Basically you'll be eligible to receive $55 if you used Linux on the console and an $9 to each console owner that bought a PS3 based on Sony's claims about "Other OS" functionality.

Here's how to get the money:

The gamer "must attest under oath to their purchase of the product and installation of Linux, provide proof of their purchase or serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID, and submit some proof of their use of the Other OS functionality." To get the $9, PS3 owners must submit a claim that, at the time they bought their console, they "knew about the Other OS, relied upon the Other OS functionality, and intended to use the Other OS functionality." Or the gamer "may attest that he or she lost value and/or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010."

So if this affects you then i suggest you follow those instructions and claim your cash.

Source:
You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Miztatwist666
06-28-2016, 06:42 AM #11
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
So i didn't see this posted and figured i would post it so those that this affects will know what to do.

Basically you'll be eligible to receive $55 if you used Linux on the console and an $9 to each console owner that bought a PS3 based on Sony's claims about "Other OS" functionality.

Here's how to get the money:

The gamer "must attest under oath to their purchase of the product and installation of Linux, provide proof of their purchase or serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID, and submit some proof of their use of the Other OS functionality." To get the $9, PS3 owners must submit a claim that, at the time they bought their console, they "knew about the Other OS, relied upon the Other OS functionality, and intended to use the Other OS functionality." Or the gamer "may attest that he or she lost value and/or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010."

So if this affects you then i suggest you follow those instructions and claim your cash.

Source:
You must login or register to view this content.

this is sketch asf
07-02-2016, 03:01 AM #12
I'd want to see the list of people that Sony ends up with who would actually go through the trouble of proving all of this, lol.
07-02-2016, 03:02 AM #13
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by austinonline View Post
I'd want to see the list of people that Sony ends up with who would actually go through the trouble of proving all of this, lol.

Honestly i would too Happy
07-12-2016, 09:07 PM #14
Rammus99
Do a barrel roll!
sounds like to much work for $9

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo