06-23-2017, 06:52 PM #1
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, now that SaveWizard is finally supporting save resigning, and one that works properly, I just have something to say about the Plat saves here.

Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work that's been put into the saves, but as it stands, Platinum saves are kinda not helpful. I mean, yes, it's your plat save, for you (the uploader.) But to anyone else, it's just a save, with everything mostly done. Yeah, you probably can get away with doing - xKills, xSpecial Moves, etc etc, but it's not really a proper save set. Platinum saves can get you those grindy end trophies, but they're no save sets.

Imo, it's just my two cents. I'm not docking anyone, but if you drop a platinum save, and basically say "here's a plat save, have fun" with no clear, or proper instructions, it's kinda weird, you know?*

The following 7 users say thank you to Kyoshiro for this useful post:

Cloud, Frosty, manabyte77, kankuro33, xB-Crafty, xiipord, ZaRaKiii
06-25-2017, 01:16 AM #11
ZaRaKiii
Captain of the 11th Division
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
Alright, now that SaveWizard is finally supporting save resigning, and one that works properly, I just have something to say about the Plat saves here.

Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work that's been put into the saves, but as it stands, Platinum saves are kinda not helpful. I mean, yes, it's your plat save, for you (the uploader.) But to anyone else, it's just a save, with everything mostly done. Yeah, you probably can get away with doing - xKills, xSpecial Moves, etc etc, but it's not really a proper save set. Platinum saves can get you those grindy end trophies, but they're no save sets.

Imo, it's just my two cents. I'm not docking anyone, but if you drop a platinum save, and basically say "here's a plat save, have fun" with no clear, or proper instructions, it's kinda weird, you know?*

i agree with you for the most part

BUT

the uploader has already done his job and gave a PLAT save now we ( the downloaders) have to be creative enough to find a way to trigger the trophy . YES some might not work and some might not even work at all but at least we tried

i remember the old days where people always saved before the last quest or before the last boss so someone else might get the save and go the trophy too but its changed

hopefully tho with SW available now we are going to see more saves like that.

Nice post !

The following user thanked ZaRaKiii for this useful post:

v0lcom
06-25-2017, 07:52 PM #12
Wildarms
Do a barrel roll!
Yeah, I'm dying for a completed copy of EDF 4.1 save. Not for the trophies, but just so I have a beefed up character I can use to burn through the game lol I just want that 100k armor <3

A platinum save would be a God send for this!
06-29-2017, 12:52 PM #13
v0lcom
a saubana bursch
Alright, now that SaveWizard is finally supporting save resigning, and one that works properly, I just have something to say about the Plat saves here.

can not agree with that.
i only try to support the community and those platinum saves are good saves to give it a try before anyone posts a save set.
i play a lot of games myself without cheating to platinum. so i post my saves after that for testing purposes.

what instructions you want? its for TESTING. you can do that on your own.

but i think i see your point. you want a saves set with all instructions so that you do not need to do anything your own. thats kinda weird.

Originally posted by manabyte77 View Post
Thank you Kyo, I was thinking the exact same thing. We need save "sets".

oh you need save sets? so why don't you post one on your own and show a positive start in here?

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
Exactly if people want to help out the community, we need to make saves before we unlock the trophy because plat saves don't unlock anything or just a few, and I tried a couple of them and get 0 trophies out of them.

really? so i think you did it the wrong way. i tried 10+ savegames for now and only 2 got me no trophies. all the others gave me one or more trophies or made it easy to unlock a few.
Last edited by v0lcom ; 06-29-2017 at 12:58 PM.
06-29-2017, 02:23 PM #14
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by v0lcom View Post
can not agree with that.
i only try to support the community and those platinum saves are good saves to give it a try before anyone posts a save set.
i play a lot of games myself without cheating to platinum. so i post my saves after that for testing purposes.

what instructions you want? its for TESTING. you can do that on your own.

but i think i see your point. you want a saves set with all instructions so that you do not need to do anything your own. thats kinda weird.

oh you need save sets? so why don't you post one on your own and show a positive start in here?

really? so i think you did it the wrong way. i tried 10+ savegames for now and only 2 got me no trophies. all the others gave me one or more trophies or made it easy to unlock a few.

I don't think you clearly understand the point I'm trying to make.

But whatever, each to their own I guess.
06-29-2017, 02:48 PM #15
v0lcom
a saubana bursch
Oh i do get your point.
You want save sets with clear instructions so that you do not have to do anything on your own.
its not that i don't want that but its still at the beginning of all that "save resigning" for now. we should appreciate everything we got for now and don't complain about not having any save sets for now.
no one stops you beeing the first one posting a save set in here Smile

platinum saves do not give you platinum most of the time, but they do help. for example the sniper 4 save gives you all the collectibles trophy. that one is a pain in the ass on sniper 4 because you have to loot a lot of enemies to find all letters. and sometimes you shot someone from a far distance and miss that collectible because you forget to loot that character. and thats only one example. not a save set, but makes platinum a lot easier.
Last edited by v0lcom ; 06-29-2017 at 02:50 PM.

The following user thanked v0lcom for this useful post:

Allicks
07-13-2017, 08:40 PM #16
L-Griever
You talkin to me?
Guys you forgot one thing and the most important of all. Did you ever think why people do not upload save sets that much? Simply because some people steal someone's save sets and they either upload it as their "work" or make money from someone's work.

For example i would glady help this community by uploading platinum save sets as i already made some for some games but because of the past i will not repeat the same mistake so guys please stop complaining or asking why there are no save sets at all.

Those who ask for save sets just create yourselves save sets. It's not that much hard Not Happy or Sad
07-14-2017, 12:43 PM #17
JimmyHACK
Do a barrel roll!
OP has speaks the truth!
07-14-2017, 01:10 PM #18

Yes, would like to see more savesets than just plat saves that might not pop much. At least with proper sets, I am able to make my trophies look legit, or just get a really grindy/missable/rng trophy out of the way on my pursuit of playing the game legit beforehand -- like the damn conversations trophy on Tomb Raider/Last of Us

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

kankuro33
07-14-2017, 01:13 PM #19
Originally posted by soad08 View Post
And who knows, maybe we will see some instant platinum saves like back on ps3 Winky Winky

You think there are more vulnerable games like Sound Shapes that can be instaplatted through the save exploit?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo