09-08-2015, 01:52 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This version is now outdated, You must login or register to view this content..

Note: I almost forgot, thanks to FeverDEX for offering assistance when I needed it :p

Intro and Notes

I wanted to do something in C++, and I remember a few weeks ago pulling the bo3 beta package off of the ps4, so I thought I'd make a little tool that would give you basic information on a ps4 package file. I'm not sure if somebody has already made this kind of thing, but I thought I'd share something with the community again Happy. The tool is very simple, it merely just reads from a file, but some of you still might find it interesting :p

I've tested the program with various different packages (bo3 beta pkg, youtube pkg, Netflix pkg, etc.), but I haven't gotten around to testing too many due to work and such. I have to go to work in a bit which is why I'm trying to get this little release out now.

To use the tool, all you need to do is copy / move the desired package into the program's folder, run the .exe file, and type in the package file's name that you wish to evaluate (including the .pkg extension). For example, I took various packages and renamed the one I wanted to test to "test.pkg" to make testing simpler. I might redesign this tool so it has a gui and such, but for now, just a text output seems sufficient.

Some noted issues

A minor issue is the values don't line up in the program. The values are correct, but some information contains more digits than others and it could look a little messy. I plan to fix this, but like I said I want to put out an at least functional version before I have to go for a while. If you do encounter any issues with any given package, leave a reply below and I'll address it Awesome face

Again if you do find any issues (such as errors and such), please do report it so I can learn from it and fix it. I've implemented basic checks, but it's still a possibility. I don't really care if you RE the exe or anything, not like it's an elite exclusive or something I'm selling :p

Preview

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Download and Virus Scan

Download includes a readme.txt (includes virustotal link and snippet of this thread), the program's executable, and the official YouTube pkg (test.pkg) to test with. To staff: If the test pkg (Amazon/LOVEFiLM) is considered warez in some way (it's not really because it's free but :p), let me know and I'll remove it from the zip file, however it shouldn't be a problem.

You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Specter ; 05-29-2016 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Some formatting fixes

The following 18 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, 2much4u, bobbychee1, Chop, Sabotage, g9g__BASHA__g9g, Gay For Satan, Im_YouViolateMe, ImPiffHD, Jimmy, LaughTracks, MODZ4FUN420, Darth Saul, Dacoco, Jon Snow, UnboundGodz, vAerox9
05-01-2016, 04:58 PM #20
only couple of more things to fix hopefully the debug settings actually work without a error and we can actually test run these pkg files to see if they run on the system and i might actually work on those debug settings myself and fix it a little.

The following user thanked MrCoban for this useful post:

AmazingJ

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo