Post: Linux PS4: fail0verflow release ps4-kexec to boot Linux on your PS4
03-04-2016, 02:33 PM #1
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

Alright, before you get too excited: this is not an exploit, you still need a kexploit in order to run this (it’s your lucky day: one was leaked yesterday),
but if you have a PS4 1.76 this is basically the missing piece to run Linux on your PS4: fail0verflow released yesterday ps4-exec,
a piece of software that lets you boot linux from the PS4’s FreeBSD implementation.

To summarize, if:

• You own a PS4 on firmware 1.76

• Are able to run the Webkit userland exploit

• Are able to compile and run theYou must login or register to view this content.that was leaked yesterday

Then according to Fail0verflow you should be able to You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

That’s a lot of “ifs”, and it’s definitely not end-user friendly at this point, but if you have the required “basic” programming skills, there’s no magic involved.
I would assume we will start seeing “proof of concept” videos sometime soon from those of you who succeed, and I’m thinking friendlier pre-compiled binaries
might show up sometime soon?

The following 6 users say thank you to Jon Snow for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, 2much4u, CodJumper:, DexTeamFTW, G-NeR, RastaMouseJD
03-08-2016, 08:58 PM #11
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by Gamer08 View Post

Has these ps4 fw1.76?

google the bundle release date and get the fw release date if bundle is released before that fw then its on a lower fw :p
03-31-2016, 05:31 PM #12
All i need now, is a PS4 with a 1.76 firmware
04-01-2016, 06:11 AM #13
Jiggy
Can’t trickshot me!
Wonder what this will lead too =D
04-01-2016, 07:46 PM #14
Parviz_Qoca
Save Point
I am a old ps3 from 2010 and this shit is just amazing man i used to mod all kinda shit on ps3 to be honest i miss it but this jus the start wait more and yall will see the real modding scene soon. and follow me to keep up with updates.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo