04-10-2016, 06:40 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, amazing new tutorial by an old friend named OrangPelupa! In this tutorial, it will convey on how to re-download P.T Silent Hills. For those who don't know what is P.T Silent Hills, it's basically a scary game, and will make you shit your pants. Anyways, lets get started:

On Windows PC:

• You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
  • Run Suwi R20110308.exe and check all options.
  • You must login or register to view this content.
  • Open the zip file and run “Check IP.bat” to see your proxy IP address.

You must login or register to view this content.

On PS4:

1. Go to NETWORK settings > Set up Internet Connection -> use LAN/WiFi > Custom > Automatic > Do not specify > Automatic > Automatic.
  2. Now you are on PROXY screen, choose USE and type your proxy IP address with PORT 808.
  3. Complete the network setting.

Download P.T. (Silent Hills) on PS4:

1. Go to DOWNLOAD notification.
  2. If P.T. download error was there, press OPTIONS then DELETE (if its not there, you are OK).
  3. Go to LIBRARY.
  4. Choose P.T
  5. DOWNLOAD P.T.

The technical stuff:

PlayStation 4 finds out where to download games by reading specific .JSON file. But because P.T. was wiped off PSN, PS4 don’t know where to download.

You must login or register to view this content., turns out there’s a bunch of Redditors that has uploaded P.T. US version PKG but its missing the necessary .JSON file. Luckily there’s EU JSON file floating around and i modify it to work with P.T. US version.

My face made a big smile when I saw P.T. download progress bar slowly fills. But my smile quickly turned upside-down when the download stopped at 9MB. Thus i gave deeper look at the EU JSON and identified the following stuff:

Long story short, i modified the EU JSON with

• US PKG URL,
  • US PKG SHA-1 hash,
  • and blanking the identifier (just put “”Winky Winky.

Voila, it works. P.T. able to reach 100% download and it is playable. Turns out, PS4 only care with the PKG URL, file-size, and SHA-1 hash. PS4 does not care with the identifier value, thus you can simply blank it

Full-disclosure:

• The proxy app was “Squid Proxy”. I made an installer and some necessary configs.

Hope you all enjoy you the game that has been undownloadable anymore! Amazing how you could replay a game that couldn't be played anymore. That's it for today :p

Cheers, Hydrogen/OrangPelupa Hi

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-30-2016 at 07:39 PM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, 2much4u, Frosty, Gtaz, mishary-1212, Toptuning, xkoeckiiej
04-10-2016, 08:58 PM #2
/SneakerStreet/
At least I can fight
Realy nice tutorial. i still have this on my ps4 :P
04-10-2016, 10:02 PM #3
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
Really nice tut indeed
04-11-2016, 03:35 AM #4
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Hey guys, amazing new tutorial by an old friend named OrangPelupa! In this tutorial, it will convey on how to re-download P.T Silent Hills. For those who don't know what is P.T Silent Hills, it's basically a scary game, and will make you shit your pants. Anyways, lets get started:

On Windows PC:

• You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
  • Run Suwi R20110308.exe and check all options.
  • You must login or register to view this content.
  • Open the zip file and run “Check IP.bat” to see your proxy IP address.

On PS4:

1. Go to NETWORK settings > Set up Internet Connection -> use LAN/WiFi > Custom > Automatic > Do not specify > Automatic > Automatic.
  2. Now you are on PROXY screen, choose USE and type your proxy IP address with PORT 808.
  3. Complete the network setting.

Download P.T. (Silent Hills) on PS4:

1. Go to DOWNLOAD notification.
  2. If P.T. download error was there, press OPTIONS then DELETE (if its not there, you are OK).
  3. Go to LIBRARY.
  4. Choose P.T
  5. DOWNLOAD P.T.

The technical stuff:

PlayStation 4 finds out where to download games by reading specific .JSON file. But because P.T. was wiped off PSN, PS4 don’t know where to download.

You must login or register to view this content., turns out there’s a bunch of Redditors that has uploaded P.T. US version PKG but its missing the necessary .JSON file. Luckily there’s EU JSON file floating around and i modify it to work with P.T. US version.

My face made a big smile when I saw P.T. download progress bar slowly fills. But my smile quickly turned upside-down when the download stopped at 9MB. Thus i gave deeper look at the EU JSON and identified the following stuff:

Long story short, i modified the EU JSON with

• US PKG URL,
  • US PKG SHA-1 hash,
  • and blanking the identifier (just put “”Winky Winky.

Voila, it works. P.T. able to reach 100% download and it is playable. Turns out, PS4 only care with the PKG URL, file-size, and SHA-1 hash. PS4 does not care with the identifier value, thus you can simply blank it

Full-disclosure:

• The proxy app was “Squid Proxy”. I made an installer and some necessary configs.

Hope you all enjoy you the game that has been undownloadable anymore! Amazing how you could replay a game that couldn't be played anymore. That's it for today :p

Cheers, Hydrogen/OrangPelupa Hi

Going to figure out what packageDigest is Smile

The following user thanked Red-EyeX32 for this useful post:

Hydrogen
04-11-2016, 03:36 AM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
Going to figure out what packageDigest is Smile

Noice! Hope you find some good shit out of this Red Smile

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

sailoks
04-11-2016, 04:13 AM #6
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Noice! Hope you find some good shit out of this Red Smile

packageDigest is stored at offset 0xFE0 in the package file. Happy
04-11-2016, 04:14 AM #7
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
packageDigest is stored at offset 0xFE0 on the package file. Happy

Does dis mean dank hakz red Happy????? CFW? Spoofer? Rebug Zex 5.48??? Happy Happy Happy
04-11-2016, 04:02 PM #8
MrMoan
Big Daddy
what if i never downloaded it?
04-11-2016, 06:38 PM #9
/SneakerStreet/
At least I can fight
Originally posted by MrMoan View Post
what if i never downloaded it?

you missed one of the creepiest things on earth Winky Winky
04-11-2016, 09:16 PM #10
MrMoan