Post: Looking for new exploits on the latest PS4 firmwares
04-12-2016, 07:47 PM #1
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Now that Linux on PS4 is a thing, and native PS4 exploits are going on for PS4 firmware 1.76, the PS4 scene is getting excited, and more and more people are looking for exploits on the latest firmwares.

There are basically two components to getting full access to your PS4: a “userland” exploit, that lets you access the current process, and a “kernel” exploit, or privilege escalation, that gives you root control to all processes on the machine. The two exploits are distinct, but you’ll always need one of each.

The commonly known user exploit on PS4 1.76 is a webkit exploit that was disclosed a while ago, and patched in further firmwares. The Kernel exploits used on 1.76 are BadIRET and dlclose, both revealed by hacker CTurt a few months ago. These two exploits would most likely still work on firmwares 2.xx, if a matching userland exploit was revealed on these firmwares.

Future kernel exploits could be discovered in firmwares 3.xx, but even today, revealing a userland exploit on firmwares 2.xx could help more people as this would give them access to the Kernel exploits as well.

It’s in this context that some people are busy, looking for more webkit exploits on the latest PS4 firmwares. for example, veteran scene member zecoxao has been digging for known Chrome/webkit vulnerabilities and is asking people to test which ones crash their PS4.

You must login or register to view this content.

Getting a new userland vulnerability released soon would probably help deal with the increasing prices of PS4 1.76 models. But for now, no such release has been announced by any of the known hackers.

The following user thanked Jon Snow for this useful post:

BurtE
04-12-2016, 10:03 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Jon
Now that Linux on PS4 is a thing, and native PS4 exploits are going on for PS4 firmware 1.76, the PS4 scene is getting excited, and more and more people are looking for exploits on the latest firmwares.

There are basically two components to getting full access to your PS4: a “userland” exploit, that lets you access the current process, and a “kernel” exploit, or privilege escalation, that gives you root control to all processes on the machine. The two exploits are distinct, but you’ll always need one of each.

The commonly known user exploit on PS4 1.76 is a webkit exploit that was disclosed a while ago, and patched in further firmwares. The Kernel exploits used on 1.76 are BadIRET and dlclose, both revealed by hacker CTurt a few months ago. These two exploits would most likely still work on firmwares 2.xx, if a matching userland exploit was revealed on these firmwares.

Future kernel exploits could be discovered in firmwares 3.xx, but even today, revealing a userland exploit on firmwares 2.xx could help more people as this would give them access to the Kernel exploits as well.

It’s in this context that some people are busy, looking for more webkit exploits on the latest PS4 firmwares. for example, veteran scene member zecoxao has been digging for known Chrome/webkit vulnerabilities and is asking people to test which ones crash their PS4.

Getting a new userland vulnerability released soon would probably help deal with the increasing prices of PS4 1.76 models. But for now, no such release has been announced by any of the known hackers.

I would've posted it, but didn't want to Kappa, thanks for the share though. :wub:
04-13-2016, 04:51 AM #3
Originally posted by Jon
Now that Linux on PS4 is a thing, and native PS4 exploits are going on for PS4 firmware 1.76, the PS4 scene is getting excited, and more and more people are looking for exploits on the latest firmwares.

You don't know the shit I know tears. Also this article is also retarded
04-13-2016, 12:52 PM #4
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
You don't know the shit I know tears. Also this article is also retarded

look like someone stepped on your toe :whistle:
04-13-2016, 01:51 PM #5
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Jon

would be dope as fuck if i 2.xx exploit got released. I have a blod console on 2.xx which is banned
04-13-2016, 02:19 PM #6
Originally posted by Jon
look like someone stepped on your toe :whistle:

No one stepped on my toe, I simply stated that I know more shit of what's happening to the PS4 behind the scene. The person who wrote this article is ignorant in the subject.
04-13-2016, 02:20 PM #7
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
No one stepped on my toe, I simply stated that I know more shit of what's happening to the PS4 behind the scene.

so inform us friend, and stop holding secrets :p
04-13-2016, 03:25 PM #8
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Jon
so inform us friend, and stop holding secrets :p

Star not to be hating on you and I respect your opinion, but if you were with high-advanced individuals that knew way more in the hacking scene. If they told you to not say nothing until a certain time. Would you release everything, or would you keep quiet until the time is right? I highly doubt Red would say anything. Plus, I am 100% sure what he is talking about. Even though Red is just that Save Editor guy. He still chills with the top-notch Rev's and Dev's tears

Not stating nothing in a mean/bad way by the way.

Cheers, Hydrogen
04-13-2016, 04:20 PM #9
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Kam
Star not to be hating on you and I respect your opinion, but if you were with high-advanced individuals that knew way more in the hacking scene. If they told you to not say nothing until a certain time. Would you release everything, or would you keep quiet until the time is right? I highly doubt Red would say anything. Plus, I am 100% sure what he is talking about. Even though Red is just that Save Editor guy. He still chills with the top-notch Rev's and Dev's tears

Not stating nothing in a mean/bad way by the way.

Cheers, Hydrogen

bro me and red is just messing around :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo