12-13-2016, 11:49 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Brief Summary
After a few weeks of research and development on my PS4, i've created a small tool to show the possibilities on the PS4. This is very similar to what Bad ChoicesZ has done (Created an API, to allow reading / writing to process memory, then creating an RPC in assembly for GTA). Note the same thing can be done for any game on the PS4, i just started with GTA as i'm familiar with alot of it from PS3.

Before you ask, no you can't get online, at least not yet.

Side Note
I was thinking of creating an Ebook on Computing, which will cover all concepts related to modding on PS3 and PS4. This will take a while as im currently at University studying a Computer Science degree. I just wanted to know if people were interested in such a thing and if people wanted to learn.

This is a quick initial thought and breakdown of headings to be covered, if you want any others covering be sure to tell me be in the comments below;

- Memory

Number Formats

Awesome faceecimal
‣Binary
‣Hexadecimal

Data Storage

‣Bytes
‣Integral Numbers
‣Real Numbers
‣Strings

Addresses

‣Absolute
‣Logical
‣Relative

◦ Virtual Memory Mapping
◦ Finding Memory Addresses
◦ Pointers

- Language Generations

◦ High Level Languages
◦ Assembly Languages
◦ Machine Code

- Programming

General Programming Patterns

Awesome faceata Types
‣Variables
‣Operators
‣Relational Operators
‣Logical Operators
Statements

⁍ If; else if; else
⁍ Switch
⁍ For
⁍ While

‣Method / Procedure / Function
‣Arrays
‣Events
‣Threads
Classes

⁍ Inheritance
⁍ Polymorphism

◦ C#
◦ C

- Assembly

◦ PowerPC
◦ X86-64

- Debugging

◦ Registers
◦ Breakpoints

- RPC (Remote Procedural Call)
Last edited by Ludicrous Beach ; 12-15-2016 at 08:38 AM.

The following 33 users say thank you to Ludicrous Beach for this useful post:

aaron25th, Algebra, BAD_ROBOT, Boliberrys, DawidB, Destroyer_MMXV, DMAAR-7777, Dog88Christian, Dro, energie93, Father Luckeyy, G-NeR, hibye3, Hydrogen, iAmChump, Im_YouViolateMe, Je Modz, KL9, Kryptus, MenUru, MODZ4FUN420, NomanGaming, Norway-_-1999, Darth Saul, Pianist Prodigy, Playstation VR, RF0oDxM0Dz, Kronos, VenoxCoding, WILDEMODZ, Xx-GIPPI-xX, XxBlud23xX, Yolo Brahs !
12-19-2016, 08:45 AM #20
Originally posted by Ludicrous
Brief Summary
After a few weeks of research and development on my PS4, i've created a small tool to show the possibilities on the PS4. This is very similar to what Bad ChoicesZ has done (Created an API, to allow reading / writing to process memory, then creating an RPC in assembly for GTA). Note the same thing can be done for any game on the PS4, i just started with GTA as i'm familiar with alot of it from PS3.

Before you ask, no you can't get online, at least not yet.

Side Note
I was thinking of creating an Ebook on Computing, which will cover all concepts related to modding on PS3 and PS4. This will take a while as im currently at University studying a Computer Science degree. I just wanted to know if people were interested in such a thing and if people wanted to learn.

This is a quick initial thought and breakdown of headings to be covered, if you want any others covering be sure to tell me be in the comments below;

- Memory

Number Formats

Awesome faceecimal
‣Binary
‣Hexadecimal

Data Storage

‣Bytes
‣Integral Numbers
‣Real Numbers
‣Strings

Addresses

‣Absolute
‣Logical
‣Relative

◦ Virtual Memory Mapping
◦ Finding Memory Addresses
◦ Pointers

- Language Generations

◦ High Level Languages
◦ Assembly Languages
◦ Machine Code

- Programming

General Programming Patterns

Awesome faceata Types
‣Variables
‣Operators
‣Relational Operators
‣Logical Operators
Statements

⁍ If; else if; else
⁍ Switch
⁍ For
⁍ While

‣Method / Procedure / Function
‣Arrays
‣Events
‣Threads
Classes

⁍ Inheritance
⁍ Polymorphism

◦ C#
◦ C

- Assembly

◦ PowerPC
◦ X86-64

- Debugging

◦ Registers
◦ Breakpoints

- RPC (Remote Procedural Call)

Can't wait for BO3 mods to start rolling in. it'd be cool to read an ebook made by beachy, especially if its dumbed down for us snowmen Sal

Have you or anyone figured a way to patch PS4 games to 1.76? When I get mine, I'd like to be able to play my games, and not just launch games.
Last edited by Frosty ; 12-19-2016 at 08:53 AM.
12-19-2016, 09:25 AM #21
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Can't wait for BO3 mods to start rolling in. it'd be cool to read an ebook made by beachy, especially if its dumbed down for us snowmen Sal

Have you or anyone figured a way to patch PS4 games to 1.76? When I get mine, I'd like to be able to play my games, and not just launch games.

I haven't but i haven't really looked into it, i know you can spoof firmware but i dont know if that lets you play any game past 1.76 as i haven't looked at it yet
12-19-2016, 09:38 AM #22
I haven't but i haven't really looked into it, i know you can spoof firmware but i dont know if that lets you play any game past 1.76 as i haven't looked at it yet

Which leads to the next thing: when you do get the kinks dealt with, and make a full rtm or menu for the PS4 version, are you going to release it as bundle alongside LTS PS3, or would it be a discounted price for people who already bought your LTS.

Another thing about this is that soon a person could play modded GTA or COD thru remote-play on a Vita or a laptop Gasp
12-19-2016, 10:10 AM #23
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Which leads to the next thing: when you do get the kinks dealt with, and make a full rtm or menu for the PS4 version, are you going to release it as bundle alongside LTS PS3, or would it be a discounted price for people who already bought your LTS.

Another thing about this is that soon a person could play modded GTA or COD thru remote-play on a Vita or a laptop Gasp

Or through a phone, i started working on an Android app to do the same as the program :p

The following user thanked Ludicrous Beach for this useful post:

Frosty
12-19-2016, 10:43 AM #24
Or through a phone, i started working on an Android app to do the same as the program :p

Nice beach! Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo