02-27-2018, 07:49 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Information - (as of February 27th)

Yesterday, hacker You must login or register to view this content. had released his 4.55 Exploit for the community which pretty gave every developer a good structure to hack that specific firmware, but at the end, we still needed a WebKit Exploit as an entry point to start researching and hacking that firmware. You could check that out in case you missed it You must login or register to view this content..

GitHub: You must login or register to view this content.

In the span of 24 hours, a developer by the name of You must login or register to view this content. had released his own WebKit Exploit which is an entry point to start hacking a console. Quite weird, this WebKit Exploit works up to 5.05 and I believe the beta firmware unstable. Even though it might be an amazing release, the developer released it to the point where now Sony will be able to patch this up — meaning he burned an exploit and wasted his time coding it together. This though couldn't do very much to the end user since you won't be able to do anything crazy besides a few system calls or basically be stuck in the Sandbox not being able to break through it.

Even though it sounds like a facepalm moment, a ton of high tier developers starting tweeting at each other during the incident and they basically said it themselves, they have the exploits. Qwerty, on the other hand, hinted out that the WebKit Exploit was coming for 4.55 and other stuff, but some people didn't have the patience to wait for it. I won't bring up what the developers were talking about since a few didn't want them to bring it up, but I can say it was a calm feeling knowing they have it under control!

A quick reminder, since this exploit will probably be patched soon by the next update, I suggest everyone stay as low as possible on their firmware. If you're on 4.05, perfect. Don't move. Since none of this is implemented (including the 4.55 exploit Mr. Todesco had dropped.) It's better to wait until things are completed. Also, if you're curious about how to use this exploit. Go to his GitHub, and put all the code in the data folder on a web server and go to the page through your web browser.

Until next time.

Authors

Content Manager(s) Hydrogen

The following 2 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

xPurpBoyyx, zundappchef
03-01-2018, 03:36 AM #11
koolgus
Pokemon Trainer
This is some good news year is off to A good start surely not making the mistake of updating again thanks to all the devs and people involved gonna wait on this 5.05 exploitSmileSmileSmile��
03-09-2018, 01:25 AM #12
RIP_MODZ_150
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by koolgus View Post
This is some good news year is off to A good start surely not making the mistake of updating again thanks to all the devs and people involved gonna wait on this 5.05 exploitSmileSmileSmile��

You can update to 5.50 the exploit didn't get patched
03-09-2018, 05:25 AM #13
Very nice! I look forward to checking this out. Thanks Alex for all your hard work!
03-09-2018, 12:14 PM #14
So does this mean what we can do on 4.55/1.76/4.05 we can soon do on 5.05 ?
03-09-2018, 01:44 PM #15
Or even 5.03 ? I’m confused

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo