Post: Nioh, level 550, Way of the Wise completed, ethereal gear, solid PvE build (4.74) [CUSA07123]
08-11-2017, 04:42 PM #1
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Update (21.09.2017): TLDR: New projectile-immune build in preparation for DLC 3. Some more new ethereals, most other things the same as before. You must login or register to view this content.

Small but decent update. I’ve set up one more build (that works with most weapons) that’s focused around one stat: 100% Received Firearms Damage Reduction. You can find it in the first inventory slot – standard weapon is a sword but you can switch the weapon for any other you like, only armor pieces and accessories contribute this stat. All the other equipment slots are pretty much the same as last time.

Why is this stat so good? Well, what the game doesnÂ’t tell you is that it doesnÂ’t just protect you from firearm damage, it protects you from about 95% of ranged attacks in the game. ItÂ’s most likely a translation error; a more accurate description would be projectile damage immunity because thatÂ’s what it is.

How to use this build: select 1st equipment slot, maybe switch out the weapon to one of your choiceÂ… but most importantly, whenever you enter a group of enemies or a boss battle, use Hermit Talisman, otherwise, ranged attacks will still stagger you even if they do no damage. With Hermit Talisman active, you remain completely untouched by almost all ranged attacks and can entirely ignore them.

This build is not the strongest damage-wise since I had to give up some other set bonuses/effects, but what makes it so good is that it completely changes some enemy encounters and boss fights to your advantage. Many levels, especially in WotW and WotD, become artificially difficult because the game throws lots and lots of projectile-spamming enemies at you, and this build allows you to just ignore them. Struggling for example with the projectile waves in the Siege of Osaka Winter mission? Struggle no longer, you can now casually walk through them.

This also goes for boss fights. MariaÂ’s infamous 1HKO ranged energy wave that she sometimes does three times in a row? Completely harmless with this build; just run towards her in a straight line and hit her whenever she does it and attack through it. Date MasamuneÂ’s (DLC boss) water-phase where he splish-splashes you with water waves constantly? Just casually walk through the water-spam. Nue's quadruple-lightning-attack? You no longer need to avoid it, just hackÂ’nÂ’slash at him while youÂ’re hit by the lightning. Sanada YukimuraÂ’s (DLC 2Â’s final boss) unblockable fire projectile spam? How about intimidatingly walking towards him through every single projectile. Saika MagoichiÂ’s gun spam is annoying? WellÂ… just ignore it.

There are many more examples, but you get the point. Despite itÂ’s damage only being mediocre (IÂ’ll see if I can optimize it further once the DLC is out), itÂ’s a great build for all the projectile-spam WotW throws at us, and IÂ’m guessing itÂ’ll be well-suited for the 5th and final difficulty thatÂ’s coming next week with the 3rd and final DLC. Most DLC bosses so far are a huge pain to fight legitimately because of their projectile spam, but with this build, they are actually pretty fun.

IÂ’ll most likely share my safe once again once IÂ’ve played through the 3rd DLC and itÂ’s difficulty. But don't expect that all too soon.

Update (15.08.2017): (Edit: Please see the newer link on top) (please read below!)

Okay guys, this is a big update today, compared to the last one. I was quite busy with Nioh the last couple days and improved a lot. I farmed several new +attack gloves and spears. I found and upgraded many new ethereal weapon and armor pieces, and from the weapons reforged and inherited many of them aswell already so they are ready for you to use. I completed some more missions. I finally found some new ranged weapons, and have now ranged weapons of the same set type which allows for some great new set combinations not possible before.

And – the probably biggest change: I improved all my existing builds and put together several new builds. This save now contains one equipment slot for every close-ranged weapon type in the game, consisting almost exclusively of ethereals and weapons that I already prepped for use. That means no matter what weapon you prefer the most, you can now jump straight into a build centered around that weapon. Or, you can of course create an own build or modify an existing one to your liking. I couldn’t squeeze all my prepped weapons into an equipment slot, so be sure to check the inventory categories for stuff you like!

In the following, IÂ’ll give an insight about what each slot contains. Do note however that I didnÂ’t yet properly test each single one out yet in actual gameplay, so some of them might be less refined than others, and if you find stuff to improve, then by all means, improve it. A lot of it is optimized now, but itÂ’s by no means a perfect save.

Slot 1: Sword + Dual Sword build with focus on Kingo's set and attacks from behind. Pretty self-explanatory. Basically the same as with the last upload, but with some improvements. I must admit that I havenÂ’t really played with this one in a while because I donÂ’t think the Kingo bonuses are that great for Way of the Wise. But I love the katana + dual katana combo, these two are my favorite weapons in the game and itÂ’s a build I ran with through the game for a very long time, so I left it up for now.

Slot 2: Glass Cannon katana build with focus on Iai quickdraws. This one is my main build right now, and guys, itÂ’s a beast if you know how to use it. It was already in the save the last time, but I did a lot of improvements to it. It can deal a good amount more damage now, itÂ’s now more optimized.

The main addition to this build is the nullify dash-attack + dash attack x2 combo. It works like this: if you do a dash attack on an enemy, you will gain a complete damage immunity to 2-3 seconds, and the damage of your next attack will we doubled if it happens within 2-3 seconds. That means you can dash-attack in and do 1-2 followup attacks without risk, then dash out, and basically repeat. I highly advise using the hermit talisman for it, as otherwise, attacks will still stagger you during that phase, even if they deal no damage.

But the best part is that the Iai quickdraw attack also works with this. That means if you chug hermit talisman and all your other buffs, then do a dash-attack and instantly followup with an Iai quickdraw, the quickdraw will deal twice as much damage as usual. Which makes it insanely powerful. To give some numbers here, IÂ’ve hit above 200k damage on some Way of the Wise bosses with this. IÂ’ve hit above 300k damage once, but that was on a Way of the Strong twilight boss who probably has weaker defenses. But even on WotW bosses with stronger defenses, youÂ’ll usually hit around 100k or more.

Some advise on how to use this build: first, use leeching talisman before a battle/boss battle to get your health down to 1 for the FanaticÂ’s and guardian spiritÂ’s critical damage boost. Then activate: zero ki damage bonus (just hit a wall or so until your ki runs out), use an amrita stone for the amrita consumption attack boost, leeching talisman, quick change scroll, hermit talismanÂ… and optionally an elemental weapon buff, but must be an element the boss is weak against. Then start the boss battle, use Sloth talisman and weakness IF the boss has no weakness-inversion effect (there are some bosses on WotW where using weakness will increase their defenses). Then rush in for a dash attack and instantly follow up with an Iai quickdraw. If the boss is still alive, get some distance and repeat dash-attack + Iai quickdraw until heÂ’s dead. IÂ’ve killed White Tiger with this on WotW with only a dash-attack and a single Iai. ItÂ’s crazy.

Some other notes on this build: I wouldnÂ’t go glass-cannon on mob enemies as itÂ’s usually too risky, but the dash-in + quickdraw still works on them. Even without all your buffs, this build is pretty deadly. Also, as an alternative to Iai quickdraw, you can also activate Living Weapon after applying all your buffs and just spam attacks on a boss. And one more thing: the dash-in + Iai quickdraw works pretty well against Yokai bosses, but human bosses can block your attacks. For human bosses/enemies, I advise using ground fire or electric ground fire to expose them, and then use a quickdraw.

Slot 3: SarutobiÂ’s Gunsticks build with sword as secondary option. Roughly the same as in the original upload, but with some improvements. Is a bit more powerful now. Keep in mind that the Devastation skill is your best friend with this build. DonÂ’t have much to add; tonfas aren't the strongest weapon in the game right now but their moveset is amazing, and they are just very fun to play with. Whether you go critical/glass cannon or not with this one is your choice.

Slot 4: Farming build! This oneÂ’s completely new. The intention behind this build was to make your farming returns larger by stacking as much luck and drop rate bonuses as possible into one build, while not giving up too much attack power. The core of this build is the Swallowtail armor with itÂ’s 4-piece set bonus, as well as the two luck-increasing guardian spirits. I inherited and reforged a good amount of luck-boosting stuff onto it. This build still has a good punch, but is weaker than probably all the other ones. Advised if youÂ’re farming for items, but not for much else.

Slot 5: Monohoshizao (odachi) build. You can pretty much ignore the secondary weapon on this one, itÂ’s a build focused around the odachi. I heard the Monohoshizao is allegedly the most powerful odachi in the game now, but since I barely used odachis before, I canÂ’t personally confirm or deny it. Anyway, it took me a good amount of farming to get one as an ethereal.

Slot 6: Narukami (kusarigama) + Dual Swords build. donÂ’t have much to say about this one either. ItÂ’s a nice combo and works really well. You can probably upgrade the kusarigama a bit, but apart from that itÂ’s a solid build with focus on an ethereal kusarigama. A very fun weapon to play with.

Slot 7: Ame-no-mahitotsuÂ’s Axe build. The spear in the offhand is just for the set-bonus, itÂ’s not a great spear. The axe is pretty great though. You'll only really want to use the axe on this one.

Slot 8: Great Halberd of Hihiragi (spear) build. Same as with slot 7, the offhand spear is just for the set bonus. A very nice spear build.

Slot 9: Sword + Dual Swords build. This one is pretty much focused around the dual swords; itÂ’s another dual swords weapon than in the other builds and one I just recently prepped. HavenÂ’t tried it out too much yet; might be the most efficient dual swords build in the bunch but canÂ’t say it for certain yet.

Anyway, thatÂ’s it! Remember to set the skills you like before you jump into a build, and to look for any improvements or changes you would make, select the guardian spirit an clan you like the most, and so on. Be aware that each build is only at itÂ’s full power once the familiarity is at max on each armor and weapon piece youÂ’re using, which might take a few missions. Also I still have a couple dozen +20 attack inheritable-gloves in the storage, as well as some dozen +15% Close Combat Damage inheritable-spears. I havenÂ’t inherited the +20 attack onto each armor piece in each setup yet, so IÂ’d advise doing that sometime.

This was a big update and might be the latest one for a while, as itÂ’s pointless uploading a new save for every little thing I change or improve. I also might take a break from Nioh for a while now. If I make any major changes or additions, IÂ’ll be back and reupload, but better donÂ’t expect that to be anytime soon; the current selection of builds in this save is already really, really good, even if thereÂ’s room for further improvement. IÂ’ll most likely also upload an updated save once the next DLC has dropped and all our current builds become outdated again, but it will be a while until then.

Maybe I sit down sometime to make a kunai-build; IÂ’ve never tried anything in that direction yet. But that will require a lot of preparation and farming once again, so it probably wonÂ’t be soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update (12.08.2017): IÂ’ve uploaded a more recent version of the save. The main builds and equipment sets are mostly identical, but the main addition is that IÂ’ve farmed several inheritables since yesterday to make it easier getting the stuff you want.

IÂ’ve farmed ~30 spears with +15% Close Combat Damage up, ~15 gloves with +20 attack, ~15 boots and legs each with 10% running speed up, ~15 chest pieces with 20% equipment drop rate and ~15 helmets with +20 luck. All of the mentioned stats inheritable of course. A few of them IÂ’ve already used up to improve my main equipment, but the rest of them youÂ’ll find untouched in the respective weapon/armor category of the inventory.

Just inherit the +20 attack on all of the armor set pieces youÂ’ll be running with if they donÂ’t have +attack already, and inherit the 20% CCD onto whatever weapons you like if they donÂ’t already have that stat. Standard procedure. The rest of them donÂ’t have much purpose in normal gameplay, but if youÂ’re farming for items, then just slap one +equipment drop rate or +luck on each piece of your preferred farming gear.

Using these inheritables I also improved the stats of my top-tier spear, axe and odachi, so if you want to try any of those, theyÂ’ll be slightly more powerful now. I also readied a 2nd Iai quickdraw sword stat-wise, but unlike the first one, itÂ’s not part of the Futsunushi set unfortunately, but of the Warrior of the West set.

Ah and also I completed all the WotD dojo missions necessary for the Destroyer of Demons, to make it easier for those who want to use this save to get this trophy.

TLDR: Farmed several +15% CCDs and +attack gloves and some other goodies. Improved some parts of my equipment and completed some more Wotd missions. Rest is mostly the same.

Link to the new save: (Please see the newer link on top)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post (11.08.2017):

Hello everyone. After the save files from this forum helped me out multiple times, I thought IÂ’d contribute one of my own since IÂ’ve seen quite a number of Nioh EU save file requests here lately.

The save: (Please see the newer link on top)

First time uploading a save, therefore please let me know if thereÂ’s anything I did wrong, or if you have any problems with it or other questions. Conversely, IÂ’ll also appreciate a quick shoutout/confirmation if youÂ’ll get it to work successfully so I know I did everything correctly.

Some infos about the save.

- This is a save file for Nioh on PS4, EU region, CUSA07123. Character is at level 550 (which is currently the max level in the game), about 152 hours invested. All kodamas collected, including the DLCs. All guardian spirits collected and at level 50 (the current max level for them), all transformations unlocked, lots of smithing materials and other stuff hoarded. Lots of books of reincarnation aswell, but at level 550 youÂ’re probably not going to need them. All samurai skill points unlocked, and many useful ninja and onmyo skills unlocked, multiple famed and master onmyo and ninja locks lying around so you should be able to unlock whichever skills you desire. All possible aygo and ungyo prestige title points spent. Lots and lots of Gold for whatever might come up.

- Have lots of glory aswell, but make sure to resign and copy both save files to your PS4, as glory is (I think) stored in the system data file.

- The new difficulty Way of the Wise which was added with the 2nd DLC is completed. That means, the mission The QueenÂ’s Eyes has been completed on Way of the Wise (and all forgoing difficulties including WotD), but there are some missions that I havenÂ’t done yet which arenÂ’t necessary for WotW completion.

This means you have access to every single mission in the game on any of the four so far released difficulties. Therefore you can play and replay everything to your liking on whatever difficulty you prefer. It also means that the 5th difficulty which the 3rd and final DLC will almost certainly add will be available right from the get-go with this save file, along with all other benefits of the 3rd DLC that require the completion of Way of the Wise (for example, a higher level cap for you and your guardian spirits, if the 2nd DLC is anything to judge by).

- Over the course of my WotW playthrough, IÂ’ve collected a good number of ethereal gear (the new gear category above divine), but ethereal drops are unfortunately random and rare so youÂ’ll have to see which ones I have fit your build and playstyle, which sets you desire to use are lying around in an ethereal variant, and so on.

Also not all of them are great (some are missing 1-2 attribute slots or have no inheritable, or an inheritable that sucks and prevents rolling +20% CCD), but they are still very powerful. Which some of them, I just havenÂ’t looked too much into rolling the very best stats yet because I didnÂ’t use them much that far. That said, each weapon category (except cannons where I havenÂ’t gotten an ethereal drop yet, unfortunately) contains at very least one ethereal weapon that IÂ’ve upgraded to around 250+27, and that I have done at least some rerolling. But many will still require at least some amount of rerolling if you want to get the most out of them (for example, not every one of these top-tier ethereals has +20% CCD yet).

Also lots of ethereal armor pieces and a number accessories. But IÂ’ve been mostly using divine accessories to have ~14.5% damage up against Yokai on both slots.

- That said, there are still a lot of areas of build optimization that I haven’t looked too much into yet myself, some of them requiring an awful lot of grinding that I’m just not interested in (and I’ve already grinded a lot in this save file). A few examples being getting +attack on all armor pieces, getting the stats for nullify damage and x2 attack after dash-attacking/evasion-attacking (these are really powerful if used properly), getting more ethereal ranged weapons for more complete use of „Grace of…“-sets, rerolling the best stats on everything including AA damage-bonuses (instead of just A or A+) on weapons, farming the best inheritables … and an awful lot more.

If youÂ’re into that however, this save might provide you a good basis because it has some stuff lying around that will help you skip at least some pretty tedious parts of the grinding process.

That said, this build got me through most of Way of the Wise with relative ease, I only really struggled against a couple of bosses and missions, so even without any optimizing, itÂ’ll probably suffice for most of your PvE adventures. Way of the Samurai and Strong should be almost trivial with it, and most stages of Way of the Demon also felt rather easy when I recently replayed a lot of them with my current setups.

- Have all pieces of the Grace of Futsunushi set, the one set you can only get from ethereal revenant-drops on WotW which is very difficult to acquire since revenants drop 3x divine fragments instead of an ethereal weapon like 95% of the time. Great for Iai quickdraw builds, and the 100% weakening protection of it is also great.

- A good number of all four umbracite types lying around.

- I have some preset builds that IÂ’ve partially been running with in the equipment slots ready to use:

1st slot is a pretty standard Kingo Katana + Dual Katana build. Fight your way through the game in a pretty standard manner without too much compromises, use whatever fitting skills you desire and so on.

2nd slot is an Iai Quickdraw/glass cannon build with Futsunushi that I’ve been toying around with: you’re very fragile for that one but the damage is quite sweet. Have been mostly using it for „save“ situations like revenant and Marobashi farming on WotW, and for going up against bosses with Living Weapon. Make sure to use quick change scroll as well as leeching talisman (best damage-boosting talisman in the game, especially for low-health builds) for this one, and if desired, just activate LW when your health gets low. Lots of Amrita stones in the inventory to fill up your LW gauge.

3rd Slot is currently a build centered around Sarutobi’s Tonfas and their sweet gun attack; spent some long hours farming that thing as ethereal. I recommend using the gun’s „devastation“ skill a lot with this one as this is what this build is mostly focused around.

That said, all three builds aren’t quite as optimized as they could be, and as I mentioned you can probably get a lot more out of them if you farm for the right items and stats and so on. You can of course also switch to whatever weapon you find lying around – have at least one ethereal item of each weapon type except for cannons. There’s lots of possibilities for a variety of builds here.

- As mentioned I have most of the top-tier weapons of the respective weapon category at around 250+27, but if you just have a single favorite weapon class and have no problem sacrificing some ethereal gear for upgrading, you can probably get your first weapon to 250+30 relatively quickly. Personally I wonÂ’t do that as chances are that the 3rd DLC will up the weapon levels and upgrade levels once again, so I better want to have a variety of build options to choose for the next DLC as opposed to only one or two outstanding weapons.

- This save is not mainly intended for getting trophies, there are other people who already posted their save sets for this (although you can of course try to see if you get any trophies from it). ItÂ’s mainly a lategame save directed at people interested in actively playing the game, in hopes of providing a good basis for their PvE adventures and making it easy to replay the story or certain missions and whatever difficulty they choose, aswell as making it easy to jump into a build they desire with a lot of materials and other prequesites providing a good basis for the build optimization.

- That said, I have most of the missions on Way of the Demon difficulty completed, and the at most 10-15 ones that are still missing should be easy with this build. So if youÂ’re looking for the Destroyer of Demons trophy, it should be doable with relative ease with a time investment of at most a few hours of playtime. IÂ’m like 95% sure I also have all twilight missions completed on Way of the Demon, so I think you'll only need to do the ones missing on the maps (except for the DLC-2 missions). But as I said, no 100% guarantee that the trophy will pop.

- If thereÂ’s any interest, I might reupload the save as I continue playing and prep more builds.

Anyway, thatÂ’s it. Hope you enjoy!
Last edited by aeneax ; 09-15-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: title

The following 20 users say thank you to Roran for this useful post:

abdulelahdragon, ABDULLAH ALQHTANI, abufhad, algenteel, Anas014, blackmustang, deia0101, DoomFlake, fahad39, furia20881, gogeta62, Logan_Sony, MacadamCowboy, mnga13, mr.killa, Pezo, ROCKY_southpaw, RPGAddict, TheBlackPec, VFNM
09-29-2017, 07:09 AM #47
gogeta62
Little One
someone would have a 100% save all dlc? if they please you
09-29-2017, 05:32 PM #48
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Tv View Post
would you be able to upload your current status as my save corrupted and i was near 640 would be much appreciated Smile

I'll reupload when I've made some more progress, which will hopefully be on the weekend or sometime next week. Right now I haven't made any substantial progress through the new content due to not being able to play much.
09-29-2017, 11:55 PM #49
I have same save " level 750 " i will upload it tomorrow
09-30-2017, 12:20 PM #50
level 750
semi sanada build

You must login or register to view this content.
09-30-2017, 02:39 PM #51
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by BB View Post
level 750
semi sanada build

You must login or register to view this content.

Thank you! I might just continue with your save file, would skip the more tedious new levelup progression Smile

Could you maybe give some more details about the build you're using? Why only "semi" sanada? Any specific skills or attacks that work especially well with your build? Otherwise no worries, I appreciate you sharing it!
09-30-2017, 03:41 PM #52
Originally posted by Roran View Post
Thank you! I might just continue with your save file, would skip the more tedious new levelup progression Smile

Could you maybe give some more details about the build you're using? Why only "semi" sanada? Any specific skills or attacks that work especially well with your build? Otherwise no worries, I appreciate you sharing it!

Same ur save i just complete to level 750 , the build very strong don't worry 😉 and ur builds in these save so u can choose between the builds
09-30-2017, 03:47 PM #53
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Same ur save i just complete to level 750 , the build very strong don't worry �� and ur builds in these save so u can choose between the builds

Sounds good, going to jump into yours then when I continue later today. Again, much appreciated!
09-30-2017, 03:56 PM #54
Originally posted by Roran View Post
Sounds good, going to jump into yours then when I continue later today. Again, much appreciated!

Thank u , because I can't do it without ur saves ❤️
10-01-2017, 06:47 AM #55
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Thank u , because I can't do it without ur saves ❤️

Not a problem Smile I played on your save today, it‘s generally a good time-save from where I last was, but I gotta ask: did you get rid of all my stored-up divine spears with +15% Close Combat Damage inheritable? Could find them neither in the inventory nor in the storage and they were kinda of value lol.

Probably still gonna continue on your save because I don‘t want to force myself through WotN and the Amrita farm to level 750 when you have already done so. I‘ll see how deep I can get into the Abyss and how much I can optimize my current builds.
DMCA.com Protection Status This content is certified and protected under DMCA guidelines and any attempt to copy or redistribute this content will be met with a DMCA takedown notice.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo