02-23-2013, 10:42 AM #1
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Do you think we will be able to use our current PSN account on the PS4 or do you think Sony will start fresh? Personally I am hoping its a fresh start for the new system and everybody is on the same playing field and I think Sony may share this view especially due to the fact that there are many Trophy mods/hacks available for CFW users. According to Wiki you can create a username for online anonymity but have your real name for friends. How would you feel if you have to start a new account on PS4?
Last edited by Mewtwo ; 02-23-2013 at 10:45 AM.
02-23-2013, 12:06 PM #11
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
Originally posted by DeathMagnetik View Post
I hope they keep the same account I have a lot of stuff on my account that I dont wanna lose.. I'll still have it on my PS3 but it wont be the same...

From what I have read though, no PS3 DLC will be transferable onto the new system so if this is true all your downloads will only work on PS3 anyway.
02-23-2013, 12:13 PM #12
Budz
Former Staff
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
Do you think we will be able to use our current PSN account on the PS4 or do you think Sony will start fresh? Personally I am hoping its a fresh start for the new system and everybody is on the same playing field and I think Sony may share this view especially due to the fact that there are many Trophy mods/hacks available for CFW users. According to Wiki you can create a username for online anonymity but have your real name for friends. How would you feel if you have to start a new account on PS4?

They'll probably have a fresh start since they have done that in the past consoles. But there is also a very big chance they wont since they didn't do that when the PS Vita came out.
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM #13
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
For what i know, your account will be the same, but you will have the option now to use your real name and/or the current ID.

This will depend on the type of games you play, which will display either your real name or PSN ID.

So yea, i pretty much think the current PS3 ID will be carried over, but with some changes.
02-23-2013, 12:53 PM #14
DylanOc1
[b]Me=Boss[/b]
I think we should keep our accounts if we want to.But if you want a new name I think you should be allowed to change your main accounts name.
02-23-2013, 01:28 PM #15
Rath
Today Will Be Different
I've heard rumors that Sony isn't going to change anything about PSN relating to accounts. I wonder how much longer will it take for rumors to turn into fact?

Definitely would be cool if Sony released a ton of inactive accounts though. But I doubt they will... no one does that anymore sadly.
02-23-2013, 05:00 PM #16
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
I hope they clean the inactive accounts, they should put a time limit, if the account is not used for 3 months it is completely deleted. Another feature they should add is the change of country. I'm from Argentina and I bought the PS3 in 2006/7 and when they released Argentina was not added, and now yes.
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM #17
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Rath View Post
I've heard rumors that Sony isn't going to change anything about PSN relating to accounts. I wonder how much longer will it take for rumors to turn into fact?

Definitely would be cool if Sony released a ton of inactive accounts though. But I doubt they will... no one does that anymore sadly.

Originally posted by Hadenkin View Post
I hope they clean the inactive accounts, they should put a time limit, if the account is not used for 3 months it is completely deleted. Another feature they should add is the change of country. I'm from Argentina and I bought the PS3 in 2006/7 and when they released Argentina was not added, and now yes.

they should just allow the name change and after a period remove inactive accounts lets say after a period of 12 months as some people may not have access to internet for a few months on end, a year or two is plenty of time to render a account inactive specially if theyve not got a single trophy or even picked a avatar.

Originally posted by DylanOc1 View Post
I think we should keep our accounts if we want to.But if you want a new name I think you should be allowed to change your main accounts name.

i think we are more than likely going to be able to sign in with our sen accounts, it would only make sense, we may sign in and then it prompts us to make a new ID..

Originally posted by Camacheiro View Post
For what i know, your account will be the same, but you will have the option now to use your real name and/or the current ID.

This will depend on the type of games you play, which will display either your real name or PSN ID.

So yea, i pretty much think the current PS3 ID will be carried over, but with some changes.

no thats wrong surely, for privacy reasons you wouldnt have your own name as your id, thats just on you profile as shown in the UI part of the stream, which will probably be visible to everyone, friends of friends or friends only.

Originally posted by Budz View Post
They'll probably have a fresh start since they have done that in the past consoles. But there is also a very big chance they wont since they didn't do that when the PS Vita came out.

i hope they dont, i hope its just as simple as logging in and being welcomed back
02-23-2013, 07:31 PM #18
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
In the meeting, the demo has a guy with 7 plats that could have only been earned on PS3. The wont start afresh.
02-23-2013, 08:52 PM #19
I'm pretty sure they will restart all over because for now it's long to get a good name whitout dash and numbers and whit millions and millions of people on the ps4...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo