03-13-2013, 12:21 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

The PlayStation 4 is on everyone’s mind, and it’s times like these where fraudsters and wheelers and dealers try and cash in. There have been plenty of “PlayStation 4 beta testers needed” scams around the web, popping up on Facebook and in online ads. They promise you can test the new console, or even become one of the first ones to get one. It’s all lies.

Just to make things very clear: Sony does not run such campaigns. They are all frauds run by people who want your money, or your email address, or whatever you can give them.

Most of the scams promise that you could be one of the first to test the new PlayStation 4, others promise free PlayStation 4 consoles at launch. All look very official and pretend to be run by Sony. They’re not. These scams pop up on Google ads and in Facebook ads, like the one below, where over 11,000 poor suckers were duped into “Liking” it.

There are similar ads out there for the Xbox 720, the iPhone 5S, the new iPad, etc. So it’s of no surprise that these crooks went after the PlayStation 4 as soon as Sony announced it last month.

If you come across any ad that promises you a free PlayStation 4, or invites you to test a PlayStation 4, don’t be fooled. They’re scams run by shady people. And while you’re at it, make sure your gamer friends don’t fall for the scams either.

You must login or register to view this content.

-----------

If you follow @PlayStationEU on twitter they also issued a warning not long ago! so heads up and dont become a victim.

The following 4 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

CrashTV-XHess, My Hate, Spongebob., Swifter
03-13-2013, 12:23 AM #2
Originally posted by xLew

The PlayStation 4 is on everyone’s mind, and it’s times like these where fraudsters and wheelers and dealers try and cash in. There have been plenty of “PlayStation 4 beta testers needed” scams around the web, popping up on Facebook and in online ads. They promise you can test the new console, or even become one of the first ones to get one. It’s all lies.

Just to make things very clear: Sony does not run such campaigns. They are all frauds run by people who want your money, or your email address, or whatever you can give them.

Most of the scams promise that you could be one of the first to test the new PlayStation 4, others promise free PlayStation 4 consoles at launch. All look very official and pretend to be run by Sony. They’re not. These scams pop up on Google ads and in Facebook ads, like the one below, where over 11,000 poor suckers were duped into “Liking” it.

There are similar ads out there for the Xbox 720, the iPhone 5S, the new iPad, etc. So it’s of no surprise that these crooks went after the PlayStation 4 as soon as Sony announced it last month.

If you come across any ad that promises you a free PlayStation 4, or invites you to test a PlayStation 4, don’t be fooled. They’re scams run by shady people. And while you’re at it, make sure your gamer friends don’t fall for the scams either.

-----------

If you follow @PlayStationEU on twitter they also issued a warning not long ago! so heads up and dont become a victim.

of corse they r fake how would they have a ps4 this far before release
they wont publicaly anounce they need beta testers they have people 4 that
03-13-2013, 12:44 AM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by stevorant156 View Post
of corse they r fake how would they have a ps4 this far before release
they wont publicaly anounce they need beta testers they have people 4 that

mate, im giving a heads up some people are easily fooled, myself i know anything like this would be fake anyways.
03-13-2013, 12:49 AM #4
Alt
Banned
Makes me laugh people liking Facebook pages and images (which of one you're posted)

People will believe anything now a days.
03-13-2013, 12:52 AM #5
Cesei
Banned
So if someone did give their email what exactly can do with all this?
03-13-2013, 12:56 AM #6
ME want to test it! :nerd:
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM #7
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by iiPotential View Post
So if someone did give their email what exactly can do with all this?

spam them with legit looking email in a attempt to phish them out, and scam other more personal details from them
03-13-2013, 02:29 AM #8
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Seems legit.
03-13-2013, 03:56 AM #9
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Makes me laugh people liking Facebook pages and images (which of one you're posted)

People will believe anything now a days.

I'm sure if there was a dislike button, over 50,000 dislikes...
03-13-2013, 04:46 AM #10
Jared
Tranquility.
These ads are from CPA networks. When people enter their details, the advertiser earns money from the ad. It's a clever way, and you can make a lot of money from it. A guy on HF made $117,500 last year from PPD and CPA combined.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo