03-28-2013, 11:50 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is the PSN Going to be the same such as can i keep my account?
03-28-2013, 11:55 PM #2
ichris26
The Muff Muncher
PSN/SEN will not carry over to the PS4.......they have done confirmed this.
03-28-2013, 11:57 PM #3
Ace
Former Staff Member
Originally posted by ichris26 View Post

Can you link me to this? So this means that our accounts will be gone?
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM #4
Jared
Tranquility.
Moved to the Playstation 4 Discussion section.
03-29-2013, 02:33 AM #5
Kush Friendly
League Champion
Originally posted by SwAxiZinK View Post
Is the PSN Going to be the same such as can i keep my account?

With their new "Share" shit, its probably going to be completely different.
03-29-2013, 03:23 AM #6
Plus Power
Do a barrel roll!
I don't think they've confirmed anything about that yet, but seeing as they have made PSN accounts Sony Entertainment Network accounts, it's clear they're trying to have it so one set of login credentials will work with any online Sony Entertainment device. The Vita is proof of this. I can't give a definite answer, but I'm 99.99% sure that your current SEN credentials WILL work on the PS4.
03-29-2013, 11:36 AM #7
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by ichris26 View Post

your wrong! please know your facts before posting.

they have said only store downloads such as ps3 game addons etc will not work on ps4 as its a different system.

you PSN/SEN will more than likely be used. theres no reason as to why they wouldnt let us, seeing as the ps vita lets us login with our current details.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Originally posted by Nations View Post
Can you link me to this? So this means that our accounts will be gone?

forget what he said, he dont know what he is talking about, check this ps4 section for all of the latest news, your find what your looking for in here somewhere, make sure you not like most users and only read the latest reply, actually read the comments in the threads you may discover something else.

back on topic, PSN was changed to SEN a while back which like another user above this post has said they are linking all the services into one. so we can use one set of login details fr it all which is why we can login with out playstation logins on our ps3, ps vita, qriocity website and where ever else is SEN . this should mean we will be able to login with our existing accounts on the ps4.
03-29-2013, 09:39 PM #8
ichris26
The Muff Muncher
Originally posted by xLew
your wrong! please know your facts before posting.

they have said only store downloads such as ps3 game addons etc will not work on ps4 as its a different system.

you PSN/SEN will more than likely be used. theres no reason as to why they wouldnt let us, seeing as the ps vita lets us login with our current details.

Damn man, chill out.....I basically meant the same thing as what you said. Sony did confirm that everything that we have put into our accounts (monetary that is) will not carry over to the PS4. So basically the only thing that does carry over is the account name.

I believe that this is complete BS as Sony will have the ability to honor our PSN purchases but they are choosing not to let us use our PS3 purchases or our game saves on the PS4.

Really, if they aren't going to let us have our stuff on the PS4 then I really don't care if I kept the same account name or not.......my content is more important to me than the name on the account.
03-31-2013, 02:00 AM #9
Werewolf
Bounty hunter
You will have to make an entirely new account, as they have stated before. (Quick - take all the OG names before anyone else!)
03-31-2013, 11:52 AM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
We don't know
Only things we know that hardware won't support PS3 games, however it may work on a cloud based steaming service. Not sure all your past PS3 game are going to work. Due to the nature of licenses game publishers are likely to have to resubmit to the store.

It likely to follow the xbox live way of doing things using the same network but separate matchmaking.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo