Post: Your opinion of why ps4 is better suited for gaming then pc
04-22-2013, 02:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Imo TDP of hardware if you know how that can play a role in managing resources to allow faster processing without hitting your wattage limit then i dont need to explain further.By no means does that imply ps4 can suprass pc graphics imo it will just run better compared to same hardware on pc on same rendering and post processing effects ps4 version contains. Why do you think so or dont think so if you have a comment state with a backed up fact of why dont just say cause gddr5 ram runs like shit on a operating system.
04-22-2013, 06:16 AM #2
socia
Gym leader
deleted my own post, i didn't understand the question at hand but i understand now.
Last edited by socia ; 04-24-2013 at 12:52 AM.
04-22-2013, 10:17 AM #3
SoPure
Banned
my opinion is they both will/do run everything perfect for me im fine with either as long as i can play/watch music and do all that on my spare time im good.
04-22-2013, 11:19 AM #4
Neo_Angelo
Raiding Girls Panties
As far as the Ps4 is concerned, yes it will technically be better at playing games more effectively than PC,s however a PC can be upgraded to cater for bigger and better games so on the frontline, PC would win everytime, you'd only need to upgrade 1 or 2 things on a PC to allow it to compete and support bigger games and graphics.

The reason i believe Ps4 is "better" is because it is more uniformed, for instance everyone who has a ps4 has the same processing power, the same specs and the same ability, this makes playing games easier because everyone has the same thing, compatability isn't an issue because games are designed for those specs, hosting a game on a Ps4 is litterally down to your internet speed because the processing power of the Ps4 is the same for everyone.

With PCs everyone has different specs on their PC, so while some of you are playing Portal 2 on a pentium dual core, others are playing it on an i7 six core, this is were problems sometimes occur as on a PC your connection isn't always uniform like it is on ps4, you could have a host on say battlefield with a mere 1GB RAM and a pentium 4 processor whos hosting a 64 man match with people who use far faster PC's. PC gaming is unbalanced in that respect but individually PC is always going to be better. There are too many variable in PC gaming that could hinder a player when playing online and for that reason i believe Ps4 is "better" suited to gaming.
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM #5
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
There is no way PS4 is better suited thank PC, PC will always be above consoles in anything. But what makes a console more fair is that all players have the same specs.
Think, when the PS4 will be released their ultimate hardware will not be so ultimate, consider that every 4 or 6 months video cards, motherboards and processors are created, so (if you have the cash) your PC will always kick out any console. For the average gamer or for a gamer that doesn't have the money to buy the last things in the market for PC, the PS4 is enough.
Plus, consider the price. A PC with the specs of a PS4 will be above $600 maybe and a PC with the ultimate or most updated hardware will be $1500+
04-22-2013, 01:52 PM #6
I'm hoping the PS4 will play games better than PC mainly because of the x86 architecture and the 8GB of RAM. The PC plays game great but it's not outright designed to play games like the PS4 is. Hopefully this means games made for the PS4 will be well designed and run efficiently on the console. Though porting games from PC to PS4 will no longer be a problem. due to the new architecture so hopefully some of the old ports from PC to PS3 will be re-released on PS4.

My only worry with the new generation of consoles is that because of the better hardware that's being put in the console developers will just become lazy and instead of making there games streamlined and more efficient to cope with the constraints of consoles like in past generations you'll just see games come out that are bloated utilize all the hardware but run no better thanks to lazy ass devs.

Though by tech standards the PS4 is already outdated compared to most new PC's, it's only advantage is that it's made for gaming and everything that is made for the PS4 is optimized to run specifically on that particular set of hardware so it's incredibly likely that it will play things better than most PC's which games cannot be optimized for due to most PC all having different hardware.

Regardless of what I've said above thought I don't plan on buying one at launch I'm not really interested in gaming all that much anymore.
Last edited by Madison Taylor ; 04-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.
04-22-2013, 02:25 PM #7
SnD_Boosters
Who’s Jim Erased?
I think that Pc will be better after a couple months or so
04-22-2013, 03:09 PM #8
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Angelo View Post

The reason i believe Ps4 is "better" is because it is more uniformed, for instance everyone who has a ps4 has the same processing power, the same specs and the same ability, this makes playing games easier because everyone has the same thing, compatability isn't an issue because games are designed for those specs, hosting a game on a Ps4 is litterally down to your internet speed because the processing power of the Ps4 is the same for everyone.

With PCs everyone has different specs on their PC, so while some of you are playing Portal 2 on a pentium dual core, others are playing it on an i7 six core, this is were problems sometimes occur as on a PC your connection isn't always uniform like it is on ps4, you could have a host on say battlefield with a mere 1GB RAM and a pentium 4 processor whos hosting a 64 man match with people who use far faster PC's. PC gaming is unbalanced in that respect but individually PC is always going to be better. There are too many variable in PC gaming that could hinder a player when playing online and for that reason i believe Ps4 is "better" suited to gaming.

Hardware specs doesn't affect internet speed...

PC games have the option to change settings like V-Sync and resolution and AA, so that person who is playing on the Pentium Dual core (which I don't know who and why would do this) can have a similar playing experience as to the person playing on an i7. With the x86 architecture we MIGHT see some implementation of being able to adjust a wider array of settings, but there's no telling just yet.
Originally posted by Madison
I'm hoping the PS4 will play games better than PC mainly because of the x86 architecture and the 8GB of RAM.

Majority of PC gamers have computers that use this architecture and amount of memory. Not worrying about PC's that have lower specs than this, what would make the PS4 more efficient than a PC with equivalent specs? Also not to mention that most gamers on PC have discrete graphic cards, while the PS4 will be using integrated graphics which isn't even comparable to discrete GPU.
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM #9
Originally posted by Chaz View Post
Majority of PC gamers have computers that use this architecture and amount of memory. Not worrying about PC's that have lower specs than this, what would make the PS4 more efficient than a PC with equivalent specs? Also not to mention that most gamers on PC have discrete graphic cards, while the PS4 will be using integrated graphics which isn't even comparable to discrete GPU.

In simple terms optimization plays the biggest part in the Consoles vs PC argument a PC game is not optimized to play on a very specific set of hardware as a result you need a more powerful machine to play PC games. With the PS4 you can have a less powerful machine but the developers can optimize all games to play best on a machine with that specific hardware.

Just look at the PS3 that has a pretty piss poor GPU and a tiny amount of RAM a PC with the same specs would struggle to make games look as good as they do on the PS3 with that hardware.
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM #10
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Madison
In simple terms optimization plays the biggest part in the Consoles vs PC argument a PC game is not optimized to play on a very specific set of hardware as a result you need a more powerful machine to play PC games. With the PS4 you can have a less powerful machine but the developers can optimize all games to play best on a machine with that specific hardware. Just look at the PS3 that has a pretty piss poor GPU and a tiny amount of RAM a PC with the same specs would struggle to make games look as good as they do on the PS3 with that hardware.
Don't forget that PC games are optimized to run at higher settings. Console games are locked with certain settings and "optimized" to run on console hardware. (95% of the time they are a lot lower than the PC counterpart) That's why you see games on console that don't have really high anti-aliasing, or ambient occlusion. My point is that consoles will always have a set limit of the amount of settings that can be adjusted. The piss poor GPU and small amount of RAM on the PS3 is fine for the PS3, but albeit at lower settings. A PC with the same specs can do the same things as a console. However, the visuals aren't going to be top of the line.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo