08-26-2013, 11:24 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I currently have a elgato capture card HD and im thinking of pre ordering a PS4 but i don't know if my elgato will work or not
so i thought i would ask before i do pre order it
08-26-2013, 11:27 AM #2
Capture cards with an In and Output of HDMI will most likely work on the PS4. As of the ones with component, like the Hauppauge HD PVR, will not work :p
08-26-2013, 11:32 AM #3
Originally posted by Frost. View Post
Capture cards with an In and Output of HDMI will most likely work on the PS4. As of the ones with component, like the Hauppauge HD PVR, will not work :p

ok thanks, i will see some other replies to confirm as i have been given alot of different answers and has really fucked with my mind lol
08-26-2013, 12:31 PM #4
ownthenoobs
I am error
as mentioned it will work, but putting off pre-ordering if your capture card doesnt work, you are joking right?
08-26-2013, 01:41 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Frost. View Post

HDCP may be a stop to that.
Remember we don't know details of that yet, based on how the PS4 has it built in one could guess it disabled for games.
08-26-2013, 02:51 PM #6
Originally posted by ownthenoobs View Post
as mentioned it will work, but putting off pre-ordering if your capture card doesnt work, you are joking right?

it's not the end of the world but i would like to know before i pre order it
08-26-2013, 03:24 PM #7
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by Silent
I currently have a elgato capture card HD and im thinking of pre ordering a PS4 but i don't know if my elgato will work or not
so i thought i would ask before i do pre order it

The HDMI slots on the ps4 are protected from recorders. They still haven't announced if capture cards will work with the ps4. They are protected on all Blu-ray devices, even the xbox one is but will deactivate the protection when playing games so people can record with an external capture card hdpvr, elgato etc.
08-26-2013, 04:26 PM #8
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
The HDMI slots on the ps4 are protected from recorders. They still haven't announced if capture cards will work with the ps4. They are protected on all Blu-ray devices, even the xbox one is but will deactivate the protection when playing games so people can record with an external capture card hdpvr, elgato etc.

hopefully sony will do the same as microsoft as it would be a shame to do everything right then get this wrong
08-26-2013, 09:27 PM #9
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
If you see Killzone shadow and other types of gameplays on Youtube, then maybe it's compatible or else how would they record those gameplays.
08-26-2013, 09:43 PM #10
Coopah
Haxor!
I got an HD PVR and it wont work because it is Component, But the HDMI ins/ outs will work so the elgato will work fine

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo