Post: Why Killzone Shadow Fall is almost 40GB (it used to be 290)
10-24-2013, 09:51 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); At an event at Guerrilla's Amsterdam offices this week, the developer confirmed that the final version of PlayStation 4 launch title Killzone Shadow Fall clocks in at 39.7GB (in Europe, anyway: some localised versions of the game, needing fewer audio tracks in different languages, are closer to 37GB).

But Using Sony's new feature, PlayGo, after a 7.5GB first initial download you will be able to begin your killzone SF playthrough.

The bulk of the download is down the textures, with the surface size in Killzone SF being as big as 5 to 10x the size of Killzone 3 you can see why!

During the creation of this game, the disc image came to 180GB and with all the levels in, it came to a huge 290GB of data, this then made them completely re-architect how we dealt with data which took them a lot of work!

To be honest im really looking forward to this game! i hope it bring the Killzone addiction i had back with number 2.

Read the full story here: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by xLew-- ; 10-25-2013 at 12:46 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

DrinkinMyStella, jedt, TheGreatestSyn,
10-26-2013, 07:09 PM #11
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by Shoes.
Xbox one finally has bluray, at last, yes tears
As for the xbox one version of ghosts, i dont know how many disks it will have. Hopefully, no more than 3 Cool Troll

if it has blu ray it should be one disk
10-31-2013, 01:58 AM #12
Channel
Do a barrel roll!
its a begining , they ll use more Gb in the futur

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo