Post: Essential PS4 set up guide – tips & tricks for your PlayStation 4
12-04-2013, 11:55 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Many of you would have gone straight to the settings upon getting your new console, others may not, check out this little guide OPM put together:

You must login or register to view this content.

1. You must login or register to view this content.
  2. You must login or register to view this content.
  3. You must login or register to view this content.
  4. You must login or register to view this content.
  5. You must login or register to view this content.
  6. You must login or register to view this content.
  7. You must login or register to view this content.
  8. You must login or register to view this content.
  9. You must login or register to view this content.
  10. You must login or register to view this content.
  11. You must login or register to view this content.
  12. You must login or register to view this content.
  13. You must login or register to view this content.
  14. You must login or register to view this content.
  15. You must login or register to view this content.
  16. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by xLew-- ; 12-05-2013 at 11:06 PM.

The following 19 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

ATypicalSe7en, Cien, DEREKTROTTER, DrinkinMyStella, EyeballGlare, gamer89117, Grind, iThreatty, Jaytech, jedt, KipLaird, moinsher, NJN, Porter_Justice, RADDY1993, storm2502, webzy, xSONY_NGUx
12-05-2013, 09:16 AM #11
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
Awesome! Even though I had my PS4 for about 2 weeks now it's nice to know more about it after you think you found everything Happy
12-05-2013, 09:40 AM #12
Richard.
Won't be active..
Originally posted by xLew
Many of you would have gone straight to the settings upon getting your new console, others may not, check out this little guide OPM put together:

1. You must login or register to view this content.
  2. You must login or register to view this content.
  3. You must login or register to view this content.
  4. You must login or register to view this content.
  5. You must login or register to view this content.
  6. You must login or register to view this content.
  7. You must login or register to view this content.
  8. You must login or register to view this content.
  9. You must login or register to view this content.
  10. You must login or register to view this content.
  11. You must login or register to view this content.
  12. You must login or register to view this content.
  13. You must login or register to view this content.
  14. You must login or register to view this content.
  15. You must login or register to view this content.

If it's not up there then you should put how to access safe mode.
My controller wouldn't turn on this morning, it was flashing white and I absolutely shit myself.

Turned to safe mode then went to Option 4: Restore default settings after that it finally worked.

Up to you whether or not it's important enough or if it's up there already.

The following user thanked Richard. for this useful post:

xLew--
12-05-2013, 09:46 AM #13
webzy
Work hard get Better
As always Lew contributing good content for all of us at NGU cheers.

The following user thanked webzy for this useful post:

xLew--
12-05-2013, 05:23 PM #14
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Richard. View Post
If it's not up there then you should put how to access safe mode.
My controller wouldn't turn on this morning, it was flashing white and I absolutely shit myself.

Turned to safe mode then went to Option 4: Restore default settings after that it finally worked.

Up to you whether or not it's important enough or if it's up there already.

I'll edit it in later, didn't connecting by usb not solve it?
12-05-2013, 05:41 PM #15
Richard.
Won't be active..
Originally posted by xLew
I'll edit it in later, didn't connecting by usb not solve it?

nope i had to enter safe mode and restore the settings
12-05-2013, 10:02 PM #16
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
I'm sorry to be lazy but xLew or anyone...Question when I hit the share button it takes a screenshot AND records last 15 minutes of gameplay from the point I press it correct? Example I play a 20 minute NBA 2K14 and hit record at the 20th minute meaning I recorded from 5:00-20:00 correct?

I ask because sometimes I hit the share button to record right after hitting game winner or going on an insane 20+ streak on Call of Duty. And sometimes it will record the past 15 minutes and sometimes it seems to record the previous game or some weird time frame that isn't literally 15 minutes prior to when I hit record.

Sorry if that was confusing but help lol. I just figured out how to delete what I recorded haha.
12-05-2013, 11:03 PM #17
iBestTalent
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks man, I have to admit I was a bit confued with this next gen system.
12-05-2013, 11:04 PM #18
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Justice View Post
I'm sorry to be lazy but xLew or anyone...Question when I hit the share button it takes a screenshot AND records last 15 minutes of gameplay from the point I press it correct? Example I play a 20 minute NBA 2K14 and hit record at the 20th minute meaning I recorded from 5:00-20:00 correct?

I ask because sometimes I hit the share button to record right after hitting game winner or going on an insane 20+ streak on Call of Duty. And sometimes it will record the past 15 minutes and sometimes it seems to record the previous game or some weird time frame that isn't literally 15 minutes prior to when I hit record.

Sorry if that was confusing but help lol. I just figured out how to delete what I recorded haha.

tbh i dont have a clue, ive only accidentally used the sahre button lol
12-07-2013, 12:11 AM #19
setsae
Climbing up the ladder
How to Connect Your Keyboard and Mouse with PS4

Originally posted by another user
Sometimes that classy PlayStation controller just doesn’t cut it for certain games, particularly first-person shooters.

Sure, you might be used to it if you’ve been a hardcore console enthusiast, but if you’re a heavy PC user with an open mind to consoles as well, you might want to take the classical keyboard and mouse combination to the PS4 as well.

The PlayStation 4 generously supports both USB and Bluetooth keyboard and mice. Here’s a small guide to get your keyboard and mouse operating with your new shiny console:

Connecting a USB Keyboard and Mouse
If you’re opting for wired technology, then you will need to insert the USB plugs inside the PS4’s sockets in the front of the console.

If your device is plug-and-play compatible (most modern keyboard and mice are), the system will automatically recognize them.

It will then ask you to link a specific profile with the controls. Choose the associated profile, and you should then be able to navigate the console’s OS from the keyboard and mouse as well, and also get it to work in games.

Connecting a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse
Connecting a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse to your PS4 will require some activation in the settings, but it has the perks of being wireless. From the Dynamic Menu’s Home Screen, press UP on the d-pad.

Head to [Settings] > [Devices] > [Bluetooth Devices]. Make sure your keyboard and mouse devices are on, so they can be recognized by the console.

Once the console recognizes them, connect to it, and follow the usual procedure of entering a pass-key (if required). Consult the Bluetooth device’s manuals if you are unsure of the procedure.

The PS4 will then fully recognize the device and its function, and will ask you to associate it with a profile. Do so, and you will then be able to use your keyboard to navigate the console’s menus.

Changing Key Assignments
You can change the settings of the keyboard by going to [Settings] > [Devices] > [External Keyboard].

Variables like language, key repeat delay, and key repeat rate can be adjusted here according to your choice.

xLew - just adding this here instead of another thread , hope you don't mind ...

note : I have yet to try it , tho it reads as if we can use mouse & keyboard even in games ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo