03-04-2013, 02:06 PM #1
Danoptic
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

First Impressions

I am about 45 minutes into this beautifully made, emotion grabbing game.

From the first 5 minutes you instantly get attached to this young Lara, you also notice, things just don't go her way at all, from ledges giving way, to rocks inside caves just crumbling to stop her getting out in to the open.

You take control of Lara as you get captured, hanging upside down having to swing your way into flames to get loose, after which you fall a big distance on to a spike which pierces into Laras stomach.

The story so far seems solid, with the game making you feel for Lara, you just want to know what is happening on this strange island, its kind of like playing Uncharted with the popular "Lost" storyline.

Gameplay

No grunts from me, movement is expected from a 3rd person game

Controls are good

Combat so far is Solid. The bow is the first weapon, a simple L1 to aim, and R1 to fire. Simple yet effective. Hunting a deer is your first challenge, again after the kill you hit Laras emotions having to cut into the prey for food.

Its a good while before getting hold of a gun, the islands inhabitants capture you and the others forcing you to take cover and try and escape. This is where Lara is forced to make a first kill, the game does beautifully again, capturing Lara's emotions.

This is where i am up to.

The game so far is brilliant, a must buy IMO
05-20-2013, 03:01 PM #11
PlatDawg
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by SherryBirkin View Post
they didnt put a lot of work into multiplayer cause their focus was single player :/,and i wasnt aware people were playing ps4's how do you know what one is like ?and the reason their focus was single player they wanted to reboot the game series so they could make a few more games

Quite obviously the focus was the SP, this point is moot. The question developers need to ask themselves is why put in MP if its going to be bad MP? As I stated it soured the overall experience to me.

Re PS4 there are several clips out in the public domain already showcasing PS4 play and what it can be like. What I was stating is, to me, the visual experience of that game was better than 99% of other games I've played on PS3 making me feel like I was experiencing something that will be common place on next gen consoles.
05-22-2013, 03:42 AM #12
Originally posted by PlatDawg View Post
Quite obviously the focus was the SP, this point is moot. The question developers need to ask themselves is why put in MP if its going to be bad MP? As I stated it soured the overall experience to me.

Re PS4 there are several clips out in the public domain already showcasing PS4 play and what it can be like. What I was stating is, to me, the visual experience of that game was better than 99% of other games I've played on PS3 making me feel like I was experiencing something that will be common place on next gen consoles.

thats like asking why uncharted 2 had a multiplayer this question is redundant and pointless sir
06-05-2013, 05:27 PM #13
First2Fight
Do a barrel roll!
Glad to see Tomb Raider get a 'reboot' of sorts, and bring in an edgy aspect to the game. Looking forward to picking this up.
06-09-2013, 02:19 AM #14
How would you compare this to Last of Us game?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo