04-09-2015, 09:34 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I notice there's never really much discussion about actual web development here? I'm practically a novice but looking to build a few sites over summer just to gain some experience and for fun really as something to do. I was hoping people here would be able to share hints and tips about web development in general and there experiences, maybe even ask their own questions and get answers from people with more experienced.

So for starters I know:

html, CSS, JavaScript, php and also know how to use MySQL.

Also wanted to know what registrar people use, I'm currently using namecheap and am not sure where to go for hosting at the moment though I really wouldn't have a problem hosting myself, but I'd need to set up dynamic DNS because I have a dynamic IP.
04-11-2015, 02:53 PM #2
lumbzpk
Bounty hunter
Best thing to do (this was what I did), is to learn in steps. Start with a simple html, followed by css. If you get a website with a kind of okay look, add some javascript. Keep it simple, just start with something like a calculator. (This was one of the first assignments at my study). Afterwards when you creates a website, with html css and javascript, go to bootstrap and find some nice templates you like. Start learning mysql. When you know some querys, start adding php and getting some data out of the database.

These steps make it easy. Only go to the next step when you know for sure that you know how it works.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo