05-13-2010, 04:46 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); WARNING: THIS TUTORIAL REQUIERS OPENING BOTH YOUR XBOX 360 AND YOUR APPLE iPod DOCK WHICH WILL VOID THE WARRANTY ON BOTH PRODUCTS. ALSO I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO EITHER PRODUCT. JUST BECAUSE THIS WORKED FOR ME DOESNT MEAN YOU WONT RUN THE RISK OF BREAKING EITHER PRODUCT (though you shouldn�t Posted Image)

This mod requires modding of the main case, the hard drive case, the chassis and the top grill. If you don�t want to mod any of these then you can�t do this tutorial. The mod for the hard drive casing means that you will lose the ability to lock the hard drive in place (doesn�t make a difference to the way it sits so it still looks fine) but it does mean that your hard drive will be the only one capable of sitting on your 360. Another person may find a way around this but this is how i did mine.

This is a fairly long tut but its worth it.

This is my first TUT so go easy on me lol

For this tutorial you will need to know how to open your Xbox 360. The instructions for this can be found here: You must login or register to view this content. ... sembly.htm

Right, you�ll need a few things:
-A Knife
-A Dremel or Cutting tool
-Superglue
-An iPod Dock (found here: [url]https://store.apple.c...s/product/MB125[/url] ... TM3NTAyNzI )
-A soldering iron (depending on the version you want to do. See step 14 )
-An Xbox 360 (Just in case anyone forgets that one Posted Image)
-An iPod USB Cable
-BluTac
-A Marker

Let get started Posted Image

Step 1 -
First we need to take apart the iPod Dock, to do this we need to take the knife and peel back the gray rubber on the bottom of the dock.
You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2 -
Now we take the knife and wedge in the gap that you can see around the edges. There are small tabs in the dock that hold it together, we use the knife to bend the plastic so the tabs pop and the dock comes apart.

Step 3 -
Now the dock should look like this:
There are 5 screws you need to remove with the screwdriver

Step 4 -
Now the metal chassis is gone we need to seperate the base plate and the PCB of the dock. To do this we need to cut the small plastic tabs holding it down. When you do this be extremely careful that you dont damage any components on the PCB

Now it should just be the PCB:

The Audio jack on the back of the PCB will get in the way so if you wiggle it for a while eventually it will just come off. This worked for me but i dont know if i will work for you although it should. Now before moving any further test the dock's PCB with the USB cable and make sure it still works. It should work fine but check to make sure.

Step 5 -
Now we need to take the plastic casing off of the both ends of the USB cable. The iPod end should now look something like this:

Step 6 -
Next we need to cut the grill. You need to turn the grill upside down and wedge the dock adaptor inbetween the front pegs on the bottom of the grill, it fits snugly between the pegs.

Step 7 -
Use a marker or a pencil to draw around the edges of the dock adaptor so that you know where you need to cut.

Step 8 -
Now use a dremel or cutting tool to cut the hole out that you just marked out. Whilst doing this keep trying to place the adaptor in the hole and be very careful whilst cutting, if you end up cutting the hole too big the the grill is rendered useless. The dock adaptor needs to fit it the grill VERY tightly. DO NOT cut the pegs off.

Step 9 -
We also need to cut another hole in the grill so that the pcb sits evenly. Like so:
Where the grill is lowered, that is what need to be removed

Step 10 -
We also need to shave down the edges of the main case so that the dock adaptor sits in properly.
Also, as you can see in that picture wee need to cut a pretty big hole in the top of the chassis so that the ipod cable can be plugged into the dock.

Step 11 -
Now take the a blob of BluTac and stick it to the bottom of the PCB, then stick the PCB to the top of the chassis at the front.
Now plug the iPod cable in the dock and feed it into the xbox via the hole you just cut

Step 12 -
Now we need to glue the dock in place. Use some super glue ad apply small blobs around the edges of the UNDERSIDE of the dock. This should hold it in place quite firmly.

Step 13 -
Once the glue is dry put the grill back on the 360, you may need to make minor adjustments to the PCB to get it right.

Step 14 -
Now you need to choose whether you want to connect it to the 360 the easy way (which means you lose both front ports) or the advanced way (which means you only use on of the front ports)

The Easy Way

Step 15 - Before you put the case back on the 360 plug the usb into one of the front usb ports the feed the wire around the edge of the chassis and put the case over that.

The Advanced Way

This will require you soldering the USB wire to the bottom of the 360 motherboard, details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27693

Step 16 -
Now for the Hard Drive. You need to cut a small square out of the bottom panel of the hard drive as shown below, this means that the mechanism in the hard drive will no longer fit properly. Now all you have to do is glue the button to the top side of the hard drive.

Final Step -
Put everything back together

There you go! A fully functional built-in iPod dock Enjoy It
Last edited by Taskforcegamers ; 05-13-2010 at 04:51 PM.

The following 13 users say thank you to Taskforcegamers for this useful post:

.Mesiah, Ac3z-iGoD, Charizard, Da Only OG, Favo, gamekilla, Jayy, Jhawins, TTG-MIKE, USSR, waitingowl, Winty
05-13-2010, 04:58 PM #2
InSaNe-xPWEEx
a.k.a. PWEE21
wow good 1 that shit look hot:y:
05-13-2010, 05:23 PM #3
Grodusk
Gym leader
oh my, that looks freak'n slik!
05-13-2010, 05:23 PM #4
x-FuRY-x
< ^ > < ^ >
Thanks for sharing this, allthough Ill stick to in game music playing, as I will probaly totaly ruin my xbox Lmao
05-14-2010, 01:30 AM #5
Nice Modding Happy
05-15-2010, 06:48 PM #6
Riggzo
Do a barrel roll!
That xbox is ****ing SSEXXYYY
05-16-2010, 12:51 AM #7
i wonder what microsoft would say if you shipped that in for repair xD nice 360 dude
05-16-2010, 01:01 AM #8
Awesome Tutorial. But I think I'll just stick with plugging my iPod into my Xbox by just the USB cable Winky Winky
05-16-2010, 05:41 PM #9
That's one find lookin' xbox. If my ipod wasn't broke i would have prolly done this.
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM #10
Charizard
Yeah Buddy!
I want pics or your xbox fully done close ups and alot of them, ur system is so sweeeeeet!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo