12-24-2010, 11:35 PM #1
Codi360
*Epic Banana Man*
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What's the best Jtag to get?:
If you are looking for a Jtag, and you don't know what type to get, I have made this list of Jtags and abilities.
I have seen a few questions of which Jtag to get. I have also seen "Can I Jtag my Xbox with a USB?"
This is not possible as a Jtag runs and unsigned code which allows you to do whatever you like to the game, which is run emulators, run homebrew games, RTH (Real Time Halo), CoD 4 lobbies. There is a lot to do with Jtag's
Let me get started to get with the Jtags:

Xenon: Probably the most commonly used Jtag, reason being that it takes Type 1 and Type 2 KeyVaults. Tends to heat up too much, not recommended for offline use. Microsoft's first Xbox to launch, uses 203W PSU.
Zephyr: Related motherboard of the Xenon, but has an HDMI video output for better quality, Zephyr doesn't really have a great name considering it heats up as much as an Xenon.
Falcon: Big impact on the RRoD fix, tends to not heat up as much. uses 175W Power Supply Unit (PSU). Recommended for offline use, but still eligible for online use.
Opus: This motherboard is not really sold as a Jtag as they were replacements for unfixable Xenons. Although this Xbox lacks of it's HDMI output, this is very similar to the Falcon.
Jasper: Most reliable Jtag to get as these are very rare and go for a lot of money

How can I tell what KVs my Jtag take?

There are only two types of KeyVaults...Type 1 and Type 2.
Xenon: Only Jtag that can take Type 1 and Type 2 KeyVaults, this is the reason why Xenon's are so very popular with online use.
Zephyr: Takes only Type 2 KeyVaults (Although, someone here stated that their Zephyr can take Type 1 and Type 2?)
Falcon/Opus/Jasper: These Jtags take only Type 2 KeyVaults, most people use these for offline use and rarely online use.

How can I tell if my Xbox is Jtagable?

If you are wondering "Is my Xbox Jtagable?" then you check by these steps:
1) Turn on Xbox
2) Go to "System Settings" under "My Xbox".
3) Console Settings
4) Then go down to "System Info" at the bottom
5) As you hover over it, It will say
    Current Setting
Dashboard: 2.0.xxxx.0
IP: xx.xx.xx.xxx:xxxx

I am using "xx"s as if there were numbers there. If you have the dashboard 2.0.7371.0 then your Xbox has a 50/50 chance to having an exploitable Xbox, if your Dashboard is lower than that, then it is still you still have a 50/50 chance of having it Jtagable. However, if it says 9xxx or 8xxx, then your Xbox is NOT exploitable. The current dashboard is 9199. Also, check the manufacture date, it has to be before June of 2009. To check, look below/above the AV connector on the Xbox, it should say: XXXX-XX-XX: MFR DATE. The reason why it has a 50/50 chance for it to be exploitable, it because you find out the CB version of it. These are the exploitable Jtagables.

1888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921: exploitable xenon
4558: exploitable Zephyr
5761, 5766, 5770: exploitable falcon
6712, 6723: exploitable jasper
These are NON-exploitable
Xenon: 1922, 1923, 1940
Zephyr: 4571, 4572, 4578, 4579
Falcon/Opus: 5771
Jasper: 6750
How could I check my CB?

You must first dump the NAND and open in Degraded

Can I downgrade my Xbox?

No, this has been asked so many times, you cannot downgrade a retail xbox from 9199 dashboard to a <7371 dashboard. Why? Because the 8498 kernal blows your e-fuses.

Can I update my JTAG to the Kinect Dashboard?
NO, do NOT do this, this will kill your JTAG. If the 8498 Dashboard blew the e-fuses, the Kinect dashboard will possibly do something else/the same.

How much do different Jtags cost?

Various types of Jtag costs different amount.
1. Xenon
Banned $140 - $160 (Various on the seller)
Unbanned $160 - $200

2. Zephyr
Banned $160 - $210
Unbanned $210 - $250

3. Falcon
Banned (Possibly the same as Zephyr)
Unbanned (Possibly the same as Zephyr)

4. Jasper
Banned $250 - $300
Unbanned $300 - $400

I can't find any patches or modded stuff, where can I go?

There is one site where you can get basically whatever you need that has to do with Jtag
Deany95.com and Xbins These sites have everything.

Is the Xbox 360 Slim Jtagable?
No, Microsoft made the slim pretty close to impossible to Jtag, but at the moment NO

Can I add Xexloader/Xexmenu onto my retail HDD?
No, adding Xexmenu/Xexloader just makes the game corrupt. You won't even see it.

Will I get banned if I do so?
No, I guess Microsoft doesn't care if we do so add it on our HDD retail.

I am going to get a Jtag so I can host Modern Warfare 2 lobbies
This is NOT recommended considering that, you can do much much more with a Jtag. If you are going to get one for MW2, you will just be wasting money. There are plenty of other games you can mod and have fun with. Also, try to be familiar with Xexmenu/how to use patches/etc. before actually buying a Jtag, because I see way too many people buy a Jtag and ask questions later.

Credits Mocking Da Bird at S7s
Last edited by Codi360 ; 01-10-2011 at 11:22 AM.

The following 12 users say thank you to Codi360 for this useful post:

AgentKing-Botz, Ben, fourtwozero#, JJHarris4, kmanthecaveman, LaNGeR, rexel, sirnukesalot512, Tory Lanez, Trilluminati, VeNoIVI-x, x Too GodLy x
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM #20
hey really nice post i was going to thank you but ran out
but thank you any ways:Sad Awesomebro:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo