05-01-2013, 06:46 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Detachable Trigger Stopper

Disclaimer: First off let me give you guys a little disclaimer. This is not a rapid fire mod and is not a substitute for one. I am not responsible it you hurt yourself trying to make this mod. I am not responsible if you screw up your controller or scratch it while making or using this mod.

Intro
Normally I post tutorials that involve coding, but today I am going to give you a pretty neat mod that doesn't require you to even touch your controller. This mod does require patience, time, and a somewhat steady hand. So if you don't have any of these things please do not continue reading. This is not a mod slapped together by some 10 year old noob.

It took me a lot of time to design this and then revise it again and again. Originally I was hesitant to release my design do to the fact the many of these trigger stoppers out there suck and I didn't want to get flamed for trying to release this, but now I am fairly confident in my design and feel good about releasing it with you guys.

Also feel free to modify and change my design as you please. If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Materials

You are going to need a fairly thin gage of aluminum. For this one in particular I just used some scraps I had gotten along time ago for another project. You are also going to need a pair of scissors and some pliers to bend the metal.

Design

This mod is designed to make it so that when you press down on the trigger it prevents you from pushing the trigger all the way down. This mod is also designed so that it pulls down on the trigger so that it takes less time for you to pull the trigger to the point at which the action occurs.

If the trigger stopper causes any friction when you pull down on the trigger you made it wrong!

You can view the design cut out below.

You must login or register to view this content.

Step 1

The first thing you will need to do is cut out the pattern. The top of the trigger stopper should be about 1 cm wide and a couple inches long. Don't worry you can trim the length later. Each leg needs to be about 1⅓ long. Remember you can also trim as you go. So it will probably be best to make everything longer than it needs to be at first.

Step 2

In this step all you are doing is bending the legs in at 90 degrees angle.

Step 3

In this step we are making the mechanism that will pull the trigger down closer to the spot at which the trigger is activated. Now this will vary from game to game so you will need to play around with this until you find a spot that is comfortable for you.

Step 4

In this step you are simply bending the the stopping mechanism into shape. Again this will vary from game to game, but the results are worth it. The curved bend is just so its easier to move the trigger stopper on and off of the controller. Its primarily temporary.

Step 5

Now it's time for the most difficult step. This step primarily consists of guess and check. What you will be doing is basically adjusting the trigger so that it fits smoothly on your controller. It is also the step where you check and make sure it works with your desired game.

Now I know its not common that something of this nature is posted on these forums, but try to keep an open mind. I think this is a very technical mod. I know some of you see this kinds of mods as noobish, but as far as I can tell this mod is effective and it works with all Xbox controllers.

So I hope you guys enjoyed. More updates will be coming with in the next few days. I am considering a video tutorial and making trigger stopper designs for specific games. So check back soon.

Detachable Trigger Mod by MagicalMonkey is licensed under a You must login or register to view this content..
Last edited by MagicalMonkey ; 05-01-2013 at 06:58 PM.
05-01-2013, 06:53 PM #2
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by MagicalMonkey View Post
Detachable Trigger Stopper

Disclaimer: First off let me give you guys a little disclaimer. This is not a rapid fire mod and is not a substitute for one. I am not responsible it you hurt yourself trying to make this mod. I am not responsible if you screw up your controller or scratch it while making or using this mod.

Intro
Normally I post tutorials that involve coding, but today I am going to give you a pretty neat mod that doesn't require you to even touch your controller. This mod does require patience, time, and a somewhat steady hand. So if you don't have any of these things please do not continue reading. This is not a mod slapped together by some 10 year old noob.

It took me a lot of time to design this and then revise it again and again. Originally I was hesitant to release my design do to the fact the many of these trigger stoppers out there suck and I didn't want to get flamed for trying to release this, but now I am fairly confident in my design and feel good about releasing it with you guys.

Also feel free to modify and change my design as you please. If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Materials

You are going to need a fairly thin gage of aluminum. For this one in particular I just used some scraps I had gotten along time ago for another project. You are also going to need a pair of scissors and some pliers to bend the metal.

Design

This mod is designed to make it so that when you press down on the trigger it prevents you from pushing the trigger all the way down. This mod is also designed so that it pulls down on the trigger so that it takes less time for you to pull the trigger to the point at which the action occurs.

If the trigger stopper causes any friction when you pull down on the trigger you made it wrong!

You can view the design cut out below.

Step 1

The first thing you will need to do is cut out the pattern. The top of the trigger stopper should be about 1 cm wide and a couple inches long. Don't worry you can trim the length later. Each leg needs to be about 1⅓ long. Remember you can also trim as you go. So it will probably be best to make everything longer than it needs to be at first.

Step 2

In this step all you are doing is bending the legs in at 90 degrees angle.

Step 3

In this step we are making the mechanism that will pull the trigger down closer to the spot at which the trigger is activated. Now this will vary from game to game so you will need to play around with this until you find a spot that is comfortable for you.

Step 4

In this step you are simply bending the the stopping mechanism into shape. Again this will vary from game to game, but the results are worth it. The curved bend is just so its easier to move the trigger stopper on and off of the controller. Its primarily temporary.

Step 5

Now it's time for the most difficult step. This step primarily consists of guess and check. What you will be doing is basically adjusting the trigger so that it fits smoothly on your controller. It is also the step where you check and make sure it works with your desired game.

Now I know its not common that something of this nature is posted on these forums, but try to keep an open mind. I think this is a very technical mod. I know some of you see this kinds of mods as noobish, but as far as I can tell this mod is effective and it works with all Xbox controllers.

So I hope you guys enjoyed. More updates will be coming with in the next few days. I am considering a video tutorial and making trigger stopper designs for specific games. So check back soon.

This work (Detachable Trigger Stopper, by You must login or register to view this content.) is free of known copyright restrictions.

This is what a scuf controller is basically?
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM #3
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
This is what a scuf controller is basically?

I don't think so. As far as I know scuf controllers usually only affect the buttons on the front of the controller. Like jumping and knifing for a COD game.
05-01-2013, 09:09 PM #4
Soft
Haxor!
Nice help.
05-19-2013, 04:45 AM #5
nope a scuff also has trigger stops on them aswel as the paddles on the back i have 1, but well done niffty lil mod though good work
07-24-2013, 06:33 PM #6
Thanks.

I will say this though, be careful when you are using it. If made improperly it could "cut" your controller.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo