Post: ufo mode cod4 after sept patch (My Christmas Present to You)
12-12-2009, 02:36 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, I have done it again Happy

Ufo mode is back and hotfix free! This uses the buttons config way, BUT in a slightly different way.

Before I start read this before posting s**T saying "Patched Cfgs omfg"

Createfx contains the DVAR ufo. Because of that we used default_mp along with createfx because since we could not bind the command, the cfgs would do it for us.

Now, after researching i found some cfgs that work.

Okay, start off by going to the gpad_buttonsconfig and use createfx. now on sticksconfig type any of these cfgs.....

devgui_xenon

rodney_mp

safemode_mp

safemode_mp_server

brent_mp

brent_dev

default_mp_gamesettings

developer_mp

devgui_maps_mp

jae_mp

dvar_defaults

ned_mp

default_mp_controls

stevefu_dev

Any of the names sound familar?? Yep, some of the names were named after developers who made cod4. they have they're own custom cfgs! :(

because we were using default_mp IW patched it in sept by "renaming it to a different cfg!"

At least one of these should work. The Xbox/PS3 thinks we are developers if we use one of those configs, so it allows us to skip the patch and test our mods on XBL or PSN but really were modding. Createfx was not renamed as it was required for a spectator DVAR, or Cod4 spectating would not work so instead of renaming createfx they renamed the default_mp cfg (as they would have to redesign the game engine since renaming createfx would corrupt the spectator dvar and ufo dvar) and a few others

so basically

gpad_buttonsconfig "createfx"

set gpad_sticksconfig "one of the cfgs I listed, try any of them"

(or if you dont know what an example is)

set gpad_sticksConfig "rodney_mp"

It may take a while trying to find the right cfg that isn't renamed by the patch, but not all the developer mp controls were renamed, ONLY DEFAULT_MP, DEFAULT_SPLITSCREEN,DEFAULT_XBOXLIVE,DEFAULT_SYSTEMLINK and maybe some more. but one works, or IW couldnt create an update for XBL or PSN to patch the default_mp way as they need a developer cfg to test their update :P

Please note not to post things like

"You dont know what you are talking about"

"WTF R U retarded"

s**t like that, or it will be deleted.

So keep trying and tell me how it goes.

Merry Christmas and happy friggin flying Happy
Last edited by clt_42 ; 12-12-2009 at 02:42 AM.
12-12-2009, 03:44 PM #2
Twizted
I am error
So it's Iso mods Awwwww. :(
12-12-2009, 06:42 PM #3
No, not ISO mods, PROFILE MODS! The original way dude, modding your profile, just like before :P
12-12-2009, 06:57 PM #4
Ok,i'm away to try it and i'll use your set gpad_sticksConfig "rodney_mp" example
12-12-2009, 07:48 PM #5
chinez
Are You Serious ?
Hey buddy thanks for info im trying brent_dev and nothing happened

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Jae_mp dont work
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM #6
this is bs
12-12-2009, 11:00 PM #7
chinez
Are You Serious ?
Hey mate you know when i type createfx shall i just go over the over letters with spaces to "

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Can you please post some more help e.g screen shots

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Do i have to delete the patch ?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

How do i activate them because it says were buttons are its blank

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

rodney_mp DONT WORK

brent_mp DONT WORK

brent_dev DONT WORK

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Close Please Dont Work

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Could you add me to proof this its chiinez
12-13-2009, 01:11 AM #8
Originally posted by littleclatchy View Post
this is bs

If it is then gtfo and dont enjoy ufo, be a lonely f@G

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

if the buttons are blank that would be correctly done. Like I said it works. Look up the other patched tutorial and instead of typing default_mp type any of the ones i listed above, one of them should work! btw dont delete the patch its useless
12-13-2009, 05:15 AM #9
Proof please of GTFO
12-13-2009, 09:18 AM #10
chinez
Are You Serious ?
Thanks mate but how do i use it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo