11-15-2010, 07:00 PM #1
joshp
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Iv just fixed an old xbox for rrod using an xclamp mod and replacing the thermal compound and it was successful. However when I plug the xbox into my tv, horizontal bars will flash reasonably frequently across the screen. Does anyone know what this could be?

Btw the xbox is non hdmi and my tv is hd. Also the xbox still runs on the blades dashboard.

I'm hoping it's not a problem with the gpu :/
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM #2
Junk it bro, I got 8 count them 8 in the other room of various versions from various times, with "fixes" all give some kind of problem. Even when the fix is successful, the days are usually numbered. I refuse to "fix" or mod any old junkbox because of the failures, and how people blame others for it just being junk..

and yes, its prolly the gpu, prolly needs to be reflowed, play with the screw tightness, good luck.
11-15-2010, 07:42 PM #3
joshp
Save Point
Originally posted by NextLevelco View Post
Junk it bro, I got 8 count them 8 in the other room of various versions from various times, with "fixes" all give some kind of problem. Even when the fix is successful, the days are usually numbered. I refuse to "fix" or mod any old junkbox because of the failures, and how people blame others for it just being junk..

and yes, its prolly the gpu, prolly needs to be reflowed, play with the screw tightness, good luck.

thanks alot and good idea with the screw tightness im gonna try that, the only thing is im relucatant to scrap it as its an old kernel version and can be jtagged so is worth a bit of money still.

However do you know if it is possible to replace the GPU as i have another spare gpu from another xbox i could use.
11-15-2010, 08:16 PM #4
Originally posted by joshp View Post
Iv just fixed an old xbox for rrod using an xclamp mod and replacing the thermal compound and it was successful. However when I plug the xbox into my tv, horizontal bars will flash reasonably frequently across the screen. Does anyone know what this could be?

Btw the xbox is non hdmi and my tv is hd. Also the xbox still runs on the blades dashboard.

I'm hoping it's not a problem with the gpu :/

Hand tighten the screws, switch on and try, then loosen them by a quarter turn each, try again. Repeat until it works m8, I had this problem with a few consoles, the GPU doesn't like too much or too little pressure applied on it. Good luck Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo