05-15-2011, 12:30 AM #1
ic0de
Hurah!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); From venturebeat.com, if already posted please take down. What do you guys think about this?
Originally posted by another user
Call of Duty Modern Warfare games have immersed gamers in fictionalized yet seemingly realistic combat experiences that reference real world events. So it’s not surprising that the upcoming Modern Warfare 3 game refers to the Navy SEAL team that took out Osama bin Laden.

The reference could prove to be very controversial for the game, as it could mean that publisher Activision Blizzard will be on a tightrope. The reference could make the game get more attention on a worldwide scale and sell a lot more copies, or it could result in protests and boycotts if the matter isn’t handled properly. Those are high stakes for a game series where each new version sells more than $1 billion.

Kotaku, a game news site, reported that leaked information about the still-secret Modern Warfare 3 gamehttps://venturebeat.com/2011/05/14/report-says-modern-warfare-3-coming-nov-8/ (which is reportedly debuting on Nov. Cool Man (aka Tustin), refers to the Navy SEAL Team Six, which killed bin Laden in a raid on May 1. Kotaku said an audio file from the leaked materials said “Seal Team Six was sent in but they lost half their team on infil. We need to strike fast before the Russians can launch a counterattack.”

It isn’t likely, however, that the game will include a scene where players participate in an attack on bin Laden’s compound. That’s because it is pretty late to integrate such a major battle scene into the game and it hasn’t been Infinity Ward’s style to make its combat scenes too close to real-life events. Rather, the games recreate an immersive feeling of combat. The combat takes place in areas that resemble real-world places such as the Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. But the scenarios often involve fictionalized characters and make-believe terrorists.

On the other hand, Infinity Ward hasn’t been afraid of making controversial scenes in its games, such as one in Modern Warfare 2 where the player takes part in a massacre of civilians at a Russian airport.
06-19-2011, 05:43 PM #56
duvido mas se colocassem seira foda
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM #57
Default Avatar
.Dylan.
I know Why Osama Bin laden He is Sexy(L) (LOL)
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM #58
vuno
Banned
wow no one cares its a game
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM #59
AndeeKid103
Bounty hunter
lol haha hope that is true Smile
06-19-2011, 06:56 PM #60
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
It would be a very cool mission to do, I can imagine it maybe being a last fun mission like on cod4 on the plane.
06-19-2011, 07:29 PM #61
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by juddylovespizza View Post
It would be a very cool mission to do, I can imagine it maybe being a last fun mission like on cod4 on the plane.

funny you say that at the end when you jump out the plane where did you think that plane ended up crashing into ?! twin towers haha , thats where osama comes in .... lol
06-19-2011, 08:01 PM #62
Nickm0117
Are you high?
seriously guys? its a fuking videogame i dont think this will cause a spike in terrorism at all i think it will sell more copies put it in the american version of mw3. it will cause more patriotism. nothing will happen with this scene also i highly doubt it will be in it because they would have to completely change the story line of the game. so ya might happen might not. but im sure it wont cause terrorist attacks.
06-19-2011, 08:28 PM #63
Heady
Haxor!
I think there is a 0% chance this is going in
07-07-2011, 10:54 PM #64
Originally posted by Nickm0117 View Post
seriously guys? its a fuking videogame i dont think this will cause a spike in terrorism at all i think it will sell more copies put it in the american version of mw3. it will cause more patriotism. nothing will happen with this scene also i highly doubt it will be in it because they would have to completely change the story line of the game. so ya might happen might not. but im sure it wont cause terrorist attacks.

You never know. The 'No Russian' mission in MW2 was pretty controversial. And it could be like what happened to '6 Days in Fallujah,' where the game was never released due to an uproar from the mothers of the soldiers that actually were involved in the battle.

And I doubt it will sell more copies due to the fact the Osama will be in the game. As you said, its a 'fuking videogame.' If people wanted to see Osama die in the game, they can just search youtube after the game is released as I'm sure tons of youtubers will upload a video of the scene. If it does not cause a rise in terrorist activities, then I doubt it will cause a rise in patriotism.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo