01-10-2012, 03:01 AM #1
HappyGilmore
Dirty Bird
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Rumors been going around saying Microsoft might be announcing a new console at this years CES. Microsoft has not yet said anything about a console but, has announced that they will partner up Amtel to launch a new generation gaming controllers. Gamers, meet the maXTouch S which is said to be windows 8 and windows phone 8 certified. the controller will offer an intuitive touchscreen.

G4TV said this:

"We're not trying to insinuate this tablet will be the next controller but it certainly makes you wonder. Now that Microsoft has a relationship with a company capable of delivering exactly what they need, what's stopping them? A touchscreen controller, in theory, could unite Microsoft's mobile branch with it's gaming branch. (Synergy and stuff.)"

You can check out the You must login or register to view this content. for more information

So, do you think touch screen controllers/tablets be a good thing or a fail? Give your input.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
01-10-2012, 03:14 AM #2
Curz
CurzHD
in some ways they would be good and in the others they would be a fail.
01-10-2012, 03:18 AM #3
Vanz
Z32 Love <3
Even though i don't have a xbox, i belive that the touch screen controllers / tablets good be good for some games,but not for all. ( off topic) i bet they will still have a open tray. :carling:
01-10-2012, 03:25 AM #4
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by rl View Post
Rumors been going around saying Microsoft might be announcing a new console at this years CES. Microsoft has not yet said anything about a console but, has announced that they will partner up Amtel to launch a new generation gaming controllers. Gamers, meet the maXTouch S which is said to be windows 8 and windows phone 8 certified. the controller will offer an intuitive touchscreen.

G4TV said this:

"We're not trying to insinuate this tablet will be the next controller but it certainly makes you wonder. Now that Microsoft has a relationship with a company capable of delivering exactly what they need, what's stopping them? A touchscreen controller, in theory, could unite Microsoft's mobile branch with it's gaming branch. (Synergy and stuff.)"

You can check out the You must login or register to view this content. for more information

So, do you think touch screen controllers/tablets be a good thing or a fail? Give your input.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

I think it's a fail. Maybe some games will benefit, but unless they begin to make a selection with built-in integration or touch/motion support it will kind of be useless. But who knows, maybe it will be cool Smile
01-10-2012, 05:44 AM #5
BuffaloBooker
pwn'n noobs since 1984
They should bring back the nintendo glove....just sayin.
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM #6
Joshua8195
Do a barrel roll!
hmm. not really sure about this.... sounds pretty cool though
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM #7
Dexter.
The Vigilante
Rather just have the good old fashioned button controllers "/
01-10-2012, 01:04 PM #8
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
lol, touch screen controllers... It would be good for some games i suppose, but there's nothing like a proper manual controller Smile
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM #9
mmmm i don't think so...
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM #10
Astro Zombie
professional lurker
wii-u? apparently (if this goes through) microsoft was taking alot of notes at the nintendo conference last e3.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo