01-25-2012, 01:06 AM #1
Richard.
Won't be active..
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have been browsing the internet lately and found something about Microsoft scraping the idea of Microsoft points to use real money instead?

Here is what the article says..

"Good news, haters of arbitrary online currencies! The end for Microsoft's confusing "Points" system may be near, if a report on Inside Mobile Apps is to be believed.

The mobile site claims that Microsoft's Points will be "phased out" by the end of 2012, with transactions to be listed in a user's local currency instead.

The move wouldn't just impact Xbox Live, it would affect the Zune Marketplace and Windows Phone users as well.

One has to wonder, given the timing of the (potential and unconfirmed) move, whether the spate of Xbox Live account break-ins is behind the change.

We've contacted Microsoft for comment, and will update if we hear back."

What do you guy's think? Do you think they cause confusion? Do you think it would be better to bring in the money system instead of points?
01-25-2012, 01:57 AM #2
finally! im tired of having to buy more points than I need just to download something. they should have done this a long time ago
01-25-2012, 02:18 AM #3
Richard.
Won't be active..
Originally posted by Psybadek View Post
finally! im tired of having to buy more points than I need just to download something. they should have done this a long time ago

Hopefully buddy, It's such a pain! Hopefully they get rid of it and actually allow you to do what the playstation does and just type in your card and say how much you want to use. Would save so much ball ache, just hope they see sense.
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM #4
spark32
I’m too L33T
I Like MSP, because I can buy 1600MSP for $20.00 (no tax). Then if I want to buy a Games On Demand game for $19.99 +tax, I just pay in Microsoft Points, and it costs only like 1420. PROFITT!!

The following user thanked spark32 for this useful post:

Richard.
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM #5
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by 7Meacham View Post
I have been browsing the internet lately and found something about Microsoft scraping the idea of Microsoft points to use real money instead?

Here is what the article says..

"Good news, haters of arbitrary online currencies! The end for Microsoft's confusing "Points" system may be near, if a report on Inside Mobile Apps is to be believed.

The mobile site claims that Microsoft's Points will be "phased out" by the end of 2012, with transactions to be listed in a user's local currency instead.

The move wouldn't just impact Xbox Live, it would affect the Zune Marketplace and Windows Phone users as well.

One has to wonder, given the timing of the (potential and unconfirmed) move, whether the spate of Xbox Live account break-ins is behind the change.

We've contacted Microsoft for comment, and will update if we hear back."

What do you guy's think? Do you think they cause confusion? Do you think it would be better to bring in the money system instead of points?

That's dumb. Points are unique and cool. Why go to regular currency like everyone else.
01-25-2012, 10:24 AM #6
Richard.
Won't be active..
Originally posted by 101 View Post
That's dumb. Points are unique and cool. Why go to regular currency like everyone else.

It hasn't been confirmed, so they might stick with it! only time will tell.
01-25-2012, 10:40 AM #7
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
well many users will say great but tbf i dnt believe they will because then the whole xbox store has to be reset and that will make more work 4 Microsoft also points are making money and Microsoft make the money to well tbf they could just make it so u can pay with Microsoft points or money also adding money on account cud cause more attacks on the xbox security to rob accounts
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM #8
I reckon they shouldn't kill off the MSP's.. If they do then it'll be the same as the PSN store.
01-25-2012, 10:53 AM #9
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by 7Meacham View Post
It hasn't been confirmed, so they might stick with it! only time will tell.

I say keep it as it is.
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM #10
Hullanta
Gym leader
as if ms points are awesome rather stay the way its been

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo