06-03-2013, 08:22 PM #1
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

So I was looking at the back panel on the X1(XB1, Xbone...w.e) and I can not tell what the port next to Ethernet port is.
Looking at some of the pictures it looks like it says In Out... But it might be some kind of symbol or something next to the out.

Anyone have any ideas?
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM #2
xSoulEdge
Big Sister
Looks like a headphone/auxiliary port, but may be for other purposes, i'm not sure.

The following user thanked xSoulEdge for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Kidd
You must login or register to view this content.

So I was looking at the back panel on the X1(XB1, Xbone...w.e) and I can not tell what the port next to Ethernet port is.
Looking at some of the pictures it looks like it says In Out... But it might be some kind of symbol or something next to the out.

Anyone have any ideas?

IR Out port or Kinect port.
Going with IR port :p

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM #4
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by xSoulEdge View Post
Looks like a headphone/auxiliary port, but may be for other purposes, i'm not sure.

I was thinking the same thing.. I just cannot find a photo with a clear enough view of port to attempt to guess what it is.

Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

I didn't think the Kinect, because it looks like the Kinect port is the one that looks like an old printer port. Although you could be right with the IR port. I guess I will just have to wait it out...
06-03-2013, 11:54 PM #5
socia
Gym leader
its probably the IR port to change the cable box channels.

The following user thanked socia for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
06-03-2013, 11:58 PM #6
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by socia View Post
its probably the IR port to change the cable box channels.

I was just about to post this. It appears it is for an IR blaster. From what I have read it is a controversial method, because it often fails to work properly. Hopefully it works like it is intended!

The following user thanked Kidd Cold for this useful post:

socia
06-04-2013, 12:09 AM #7
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by Kidd
I was just about to post this. It appears it is for an IR blaster. From what I have read it is a controversial method, because it often fails to work properly. Hopefully it works like it is intended!

it will be interesting to see this thing actually work as intended. i personally think this was a bad idea to design the box with TV viewing this way. who knows, it might turn out pretty good.... we will have to wait until it actually gets used by the general public... its one thing to design and use a product in a controlled environment than to have it tested by people that will beat it up.
06-04-2013, 01:07 AM #8
Hmoob_Mods
Are you high?
Looks like an ac port?
But I dunno.. ;O

The following user thanked Hmoob_Mods for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
06-04-2013, 11:32 PM #9
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

You are correct its a IR Blaster port, my guess there will be an accessory to control our TV, DVR's (Sky, Virgin TiVo boxes) whatever you connect to the console on the HDMI Input!

The following user thanked Jakeyy for this useful post:

Kidd Cold
06-05-2013, 01:14 PM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Jake View Post
You are correct its a IR Blaster port, my guess there will be an accessory to control our TV, DVR's (Sky, Virgin TiVo boxes) whatever you connect to the console on the HDMI Input!

Confirmed one is coming.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo