05-23-2013, 02:10 PM #1
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Most of us tuned in to the Xbox One reveal on Tuesday night. Being a live conference, anything can go wrong. So it's almost acceptable that 90% of the voice commands during the Xbox One reveal weren't performed based on what what Yusuf Mehdi was saying. Look at the IGN video below (skip to 1:39:00 or click here) and notice that anytime Yusuf begins talking about an Xbox One voice command, his left hand automatically goes into his pocket, presumably to press a clicker to proceed to a new slide or something similar (unless he's playing one-handed ping-pong if you know what I mean).

The following user thanked JP for this useful post:

matt0897
05-23-2013, 09:45 PM #11
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Prototype :p
At least it better compared to a concept we did not see.
05-23-2013, 10:26 PM #12
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
At least it better compared to a concept we did not see.

...until E3 :satisfied:
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM #13
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
...until E3 :satisfied:

If it works on release colour me surprised :p
05-24-2013, 01:07 AM #14
EdwinM777
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by socia View Post
nothing he was demonstrating was real time. the price is right game show is a 11:00 am TV show standard listing across the US. the conference started a 1:00 pm. that should of been a dead giveaway right there.

It could of been 11 there but it could of been recorded in Eastern Time then sent over, that is the only reason I could think of that would make it "real time". I could be wrong and probably am!
05-24-2013, 01:28 AM #15
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by EdwinM777 View Post
It could of been 11 there but it could of been recorded in Eastern Time then sent over, that is the only reason I could think of that would make it "real time". I could be wrong and probably am!

well the conference started at 1pm eastern, which makes it 10am Seattle time. i cant see them recording a show that aired on the east coast 2 hrs prior to the conference just to show at the conference. as i am sure there was plenty of other live tv shows being aired at the time. im not upset if it is or isn't live. the one thing im sure M$ has is money, so i would think they had the highest broadband possible pumping into that machine at the time. the world press was on site and it had to be perfect. its how its done now a days.
05-24-2013, 06:53 AM #16
xLew--
Former Staff
LOOOL i thought the call was prerecorded not just everything else too!
05-24-2013, 08:42 AM #17
Even when EA showed their games, it was prerendered on a PC...
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM #18
Alt
Banned
I knew it would be.

I was hoping for it not to work Gaspkay:
05-24-2013, 11:04 AM #19
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by xLew
LOOOL i thought the call was prerecorded not just everything else too!

Yeah the call sounded weird, like he had to wait for him to stop like it's a video. It just didn't sound natural.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Originally posted by another user
Even when EA showed their games, it was prerendered on a PC...

All games showed were pretended. Even the slide show on screen now haha

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo