05-23-2013, 02:10 PM #1
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Most of us tuned in to the Xbox One reveal on Tuesday night. Being a live conference, anything can go wrong. So it's almost acceptable that 90% of the voice commands during the Xbox One reveal weren't performed based on what what Yusuf Mehdi was saying. Look at the IGN video below (skip to 1:39:00 or click here) and notice that anytime Yusuf begins talking about an Xbox One voice command, his left hand automatically goes into his pocket, presumably to press a clicker to proceed to a new slide or something similar (unless he's playing one-handed ping-pong if you know what I mean).

The following user thanked JP for this useful post:

matt0897
05-23-2013, 02:32 PM #2
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by JP View Post
So it's almost acceptable that 90% of the voice commands during the Xbox One reveal weren't performed based on what what Yusuf Mehdi was saying.

nothing he was demonstrating was real time. the price is right game show is a 11:00 am TV show standard listing across the US. the conference started a 1:00 pm. that should of been a dead giveaway right there. also nothing windows based works that fast when switching from window to window or app to app.
with that being said its was a conference that was meant to suck people in and wow them with no errors. if they had errors or something goes wrong think of the impact it would have on stocks if they showed what really happens or how long it really takes to do things on it, it would be devastating.
05-23-2013, 02:45 PM #3
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by JP View Post
and notice that anytime Yusuf begins talking about an Xbox One voice command, his left hand automatically goes into his pocket, presumably to press a clicker to proceed to a new slide or something similar (unless he's playing one-handed ping-pong if you know what I mean).

You know this actually wouldn't surprise me...
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM #4
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
You know this actually wouldn't surprise me...

it really shouldnt lol.
did you see when he said watch "XBOX, watch ESPN" it was showing the Heat playing the Lakers? on tuesday 1 pm and in the 2nd period? lol, the last time they played the Lakers was back in February.

also ESPN wasn't showing any replays of that game on the 21st of may. i looked at the tv listings for ESPN and couldn't find it.
05-23-2013, 03:33 PM #5
Harry
Former Staff
Wow, I thought that looked far too good to be true! Despite this, I still think that the console is amazing and I would love to get one!
05-23-2013, 04:21 PM #6
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by socia View Post
it really shouldnt lol.
did you see when he said watch "XBOX, watch ESPN" it was showing the Heat playing the Lakers? on tuesday 1 pm and in the 2nd period? lol, the last time they played the Lakers was back in February.

also ESPN wasn't showing any replays of that game on the 21st of may. i looked at the tv listings for ESPN and couldn't find it.

Nice investigative work there! :p
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM #7
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
Nice investigative work there!

i was going to make a comment about it after the conference but i was surfing the web trying to find or hear about the questions we gamers wanted answered that wasn't addressed during live coverage. after info started flowing in i totally forgot about this subject and my sole focus was aimed at the DRM checking in with daddy M$ and used games fee's etc... we all already knew something was up with EA so that kinda tipped the hat a little. now im constantly watching for a comment from Sony to confirm that they have the same used game system in place also but i think they are just going to wait to answer and or confirm that at E3.

ok on a slightly different note.....right now Sony is the better choice for me but if they confirm shit like XO did then really there is no point for me to get a next gen system. ill keep my ps3 and slowly go the PC route since its pretty much the same way. im interested in hearing from steam.... you cant share games or borrow games on a PC system either but does it really matter? i mean if a friend cant borrow a game from me on my console and you cant share a PC game then it doesn't really matter which one i get, except a PC is upgradeable and you can do what ever you want with it.
im not a PC gamer so please forgive me if im wrong in my assumptions about PC gaming. i know there's a difference between buying a game for the PC and creating a steam acct and buying their games through their services.... i was just trying to sum up my thoughts about playing on pc/consoles.
Last edited by socia ; 05-23-2013 at 06:17 PM.
05-23-2013, 08:54 PM #8
Jerry_
Ex #1 Bo1, #2 Mw3 before hackers
Originally posted by socia View Post
it really shouldnt lol.

Maybe because they weren't playing the Lakers? :ha!:
Last edited by Jerry_ ; 05-23-2013 at 09:02 PM.
05-23-2013, 09:14 PM #9
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by Jerry
Maybe because they weren't playing the Lakers?

sorry its the clippers and it was back in February. also still no replay on ESPN.
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM #10
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
meanwhile at SONY

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo