05-26-2013, 03:53 PM #1
NJN
I sat on your nachos
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It just came to my mind that since the new kinect will have to be on at all times, do you think someone will be spying on you?
05-26-2013, 04:08 PM #2
socia
Gym leader
i highly doubt it... but this was said by Microsoft lead hardware program manager when interviewed by polygon.
"You know, it's always available to the system, so ... you can count, as an application developer or a game developer, [that] everyone's going to have a Kinect. You always have that stream available… [Kinect will] "be just listening enough to know that, 'Hey, I heard something interesting. Somebody's probably trying to wake me up.' It sends it to the console for confirmation, and then it can really power up to that high-power state."
You must login or register to view this content.

take it how you want. it has a camera and a mic, and is always listening. i really dont like that because i dont want that mandatory set up in my house, corporations never do things for the better of man kind. with that said im not worried about it. you can always un plug it when your not using the xbox i guess.

as to someone always spying, highly doubt someone is going to sit behind a computer watching you play your game for 8 hours a day. maybe the system will automatically take key phrases of hearing what you say and add it to a search data base in the cloud for research and development or sell consumer data to 3rd parties but i cant see it going further than that.
Last edited by socia ; 05-26-2013 at 04:10 PM.
05-26-2013, 04:14 PM #3
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
I think there could be a way for hackers to spy on you threw the kinect always being online.

The following user thanked Xx--AIDAN--xX for this useful post:

II Dave II
05-26-2013, 04:25 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Doubt it going to be always on and collecting data. Just only when in use most likely goes into stand by mode.
05-26-2013, 06:14 PM #5
-Skyline
Anonymous
Of-course it will, there's going to be M$ employees all gathered round a monitor watching someone's mum bending over while dusting the TV :troll:

The following 4 users say thank you to -Skyline for this useful post:

chiefclueless, Inferno_Ace, NJN, socia
05-26-2013, 08:52 PM #6
There will be people spying on you. Look at computers for example, the government is tracking and spying on you (if you have a camera) most of the time. It's not always, but either way someone could be watching you at any second and you have no clue.
05-26-2013, 09:39 PM #7
Budz
Former Staff
Originally posted by NJN View Post
It just came to my mind that since the new kinect will have to be on at all times, do you think someone will be spying on you?

You never know who can spy on you. They will definitely have some type of server or base in Microsoft where they can see what a person is doing. The kinect will be turned on with internet which gives access to Microsoft to see what you're doing. Places that have no interest in spying through video games and such will have no problems, but the US, Canada, and Europe will have some type of "spy" system.
05-26-2013, 10:27 PM #8
Citadel
Samurai Poster
I wouldn't be suprised if M$ isn't spying on you. They are just as money hungry as any other company
05-27-2013, 09:28 AM #9
xLew--
Former Staff
i remember back on msn i could turn on my friends cams and see what they were doing lol it was jokes. back on topic, this is why my ps eye is never in i dont want a camera watching me all the time!
05-27-2013, 09:36 AM #10
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Microsoft already have the right to look at your skype pm's, so why not this. If it's in the terms or service for xbox and you are using it they can if they want. Probably similar to the terms of skype. Skype may gather and use information about you, including (but not limited to) information in the following categories:

(a) Identification data (e.g. name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);

(b) Profile information (e.g. age, gender, country of residence, language preference, and any information that you choose to make available to others as part of your Skype user profile as further described in Section 6);

(c) Electronic identification data (e.g. IP addresses, cookies);

(d) Banking and payment information (credit card information, account number);

(e) Survey results;

(f) Information about your usage of and interaction with the Skype software, our products and websites including computer, platform, device and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our websites, browser type and Skype WiFi enabled hotspot detection and usage statistics;

(g) Products or services ordered and delivered;

(h) The URL of videos that you have selected to appear in your mood message;

(i) Skype test calls made to ECHO123 (which are recorded and played back to the user and deleted thereafter);

(j) List of your contacts (we will give you a choice as to whether you want Skype to use contact lists from other services to populate your Skype contacts);

(k) Your username and password for other email accounts where you have provided this to us and requested us to search for your friends on Skype (please note that Skype does not retain this information after completing the search or use it for any other purpose);

(l) Correspondence between you and Skype;

(m) Traffic data (data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of communications or the billing thereof, including, but not limited to, the duration of the call, the number calling and the number called); and

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo