09-27-2013, 10:45 AM #1
nay1995
The Master
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); To put this into perspective, xbox one wont be able to stand on its side without causing serious damage (so just like the 360 at the start of its career - 360 didnt have a orientation problem but damage to disc problems) seems Microsoft haven't really learnt from their last mistake, what happens when taking the console elsewhere (e.g. to someone else's house)? does it damage games? A little stupid to be honest.

"We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," said Albert Panello, senior director of product management and planning at Xbox. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both," he said.

"We found, interestingly enough, that 80 per cent of people, believe it or not, have their Xbox [360] horizontally." Statistics are at it again, proving that if the majority finds favor with the other option, the lower percent doesn't matter much. I don't know how this will affect everyone, but I guess we will have to wait and see on how it will turn out.

Personally i think this is a little silly, what do you guys think?

You must login or register to view this content.
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Not sure what to think about that interesting it a design choice over cooling.
09-27-2013, 03:41 PM #3
Cory
User needs a dick
It's not really a big deal to me. If being able to have the console on it's side or not actually affects your opinion on it then maybe you should reconsider what you're thinking about. Granted I see no reason not to go ahead and make it work both ways. I would never not buy it just for this reason alone.
09-28-2013, 09:04 PM #4
Hells
I'm Back...
I honestly don't know anyone that uses their console in a vertical position
09-29-2013, 09:22 PM #5
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Not sure what to think about that interesting it a design choice over cooling.

hmm struck me a little, all this new technology coming through, the "4th generation" yet it cant stand vertical or it may damage the system, i can see a few people complaining in the first few weeks, people who dont know about it.
09-29-2013, 11:46 PM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
hmm struck me a little, all this new technology coming through, the "4th generation" yet it cant stand vertical or it may damage the system, i can see a few people complaining in the first few weeks, people who dont know about it.

Still old tech powering it just smaller making less heat.
09-30-2013, 04:00 PM #7
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Still old tech powering it just smaller making less heat.

lol fair point. its better to make and update a PC but im not a massive PC gamer as i find more of an effort to do stuff just like adding people and inviting them etc.

also i like to use my ps3 pad on the pc and it just isnt smooth on PC, nor is the xbox pad.
10-02-2013, 05:29 PM #8
forflah123
Who’s Jim Erased?
To put this into perspective, xbox one wont be able to stand on its side without causing serious damage (so just like the 360 at the start of its career - 360 didnt have a orientation problem but damage to disc problems) seems Microsoft haven't really learnt from their last mistake, what happens when taking the console elsewhere (e.g. to someone else's house)? does it damage games? A little stupid to be honest.

"We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," said Albert Panello, senior director of product management and planning at Xbox. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both," he said.

"We found, interestingly enough, that 80 per cent of people, believe it or not, have their Xbox [360] horizontally." Statistics are at it again, proving that if the majority finds favor with the other option, the lower percent doesn't matter much. I don't know how this will affect everyone, but I guess we will have to wait and see on how it will turn out.

Personally i think this is a little silly, what do you guys think?

You must login or register to view this content.

but this still didn't stop you pre ordering it tho did it Nathan lolSmile
10-02-2013, 06:13 PM #9
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by forflah123 View Post
but this still didn't stop you pre ordering it tho did it Nathan lolSmile

dont talk to me marc i would rather lick my ball sack than get a shit box Smile :y:
10-02-2013, 10:02 PM #10
forflah123
Who’s Jim Erased?
dont talk to me marc i would rather lick my ball sack than get a shit box Smile :y:

we know you love it really

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo