06-12-2012, 04:22 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
UDIDead
Activate iOS Betas WITHOUT UDID activation!

Apple place restrictions on who can install the iOS betas, The only way you can legitimately install iOS betas is if you get your UDID registered with an iOS developer.
UDIDead bypasses the need to either purchase the iOS developer program or get your best hacker friend to register your UDID by simply using a redsn0w bundle.

This tutorial assumes you've updated to iOS 6 and your device is ≤A4
(equal or less than).

Step One:

You're going to need to download the latest version of redsn0w (Win or Mac) and run it with the argument -S* (make sure it's a capital S).
Click 'Extras' then 'Select IPSW' and browse for the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your device.
Download links for iOS 5.1.1 are available at You must login or register to view this content..

Step Two:

Download the UDIDead bundle for your firmware version from the below, then in redsn0w, click 'Jailbreak', follow the instructions to enter DFU mode, then wait until presented with the option to select a custom bundle.
When given the option, browse for the UDIDead bundle you just downloaded and click 'Next'.

Step Three:

After redsn0w has finished, your device will reboot and activate with iTunes.

Help

Windows Command Prompt:
C:\Users\Stan>cd C:\redsn0w_directory_here && redsn0w.exe -S_

Mac Terminal:
Stans-Mac:~ stan$ cd /redsn0w_directory_here && ./redsn0w.app/Contents/MacOS/redsn0w -S_

Windows Command Prompt: Press Win+R, type cmd then press enter.
Mac Terminal: Click Applications, Utilities then click Terminal.

Downloads:

Bundles:
You must login or register to view this content.

redsn0w:
redsn0w 0.9.12b2 - You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.

Hope you guys get this working, I don't wanna lose my jailbreak, haha.

LOOK HERE EVERYONE.

IF YOU TRY THIS IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP, DO NOT COMPLAIN. IOS BETAS ARE MEANT FOR IOS DEVELOPERS ONLY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, DO NOT MESSAGE ME OR COMPLAIN.
I NEVER SAID IT WAS 100% WORKING.

TAKE THE RISKS OR DO NOT TRY AT ALL.

This is best used if you have a spare iDevice, do not update your main iDevice, not much really works in the first beta of iOS releases.
Last edited by Samberg ; 06-13-2012 at 04:53 AM.

The following 16 users say thank you to Samberg for this useful post:

BAMF, Boxxxxyyy, MikeOxBig, Jamba_PLuR, Lovol, Sterg, Monster-Energy, Ninja, Pimp, Pixie Lott, SantaClawZ, The Rangers, XHaveNOFearX, xShadow
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM #11
Thanks man I can now try ios 6b1 without paying $99 or udid. You can always just move the ios 6b1 dmg into the ios 5.1.1.
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM #12
Grumpy
Grumpy is God.
Originally posted by Samberg View Post
UDIDead
Activate iOS Betas WITHOUT UDID activation!

Apple place restrictions on who can install the iOS betas, The only way you can legitimately install iOS betas is if you get your UDID registered with an iOS developer.
UDIDead bypasses the need to either purchase the iOS developer program or get your best hacker friend to register your UDID by simply using a redsn0w bundle.

This tutorial assumes you've updated to iOS 6 and your device is ≤A4
(equal or less than).

Step One:

You're going to need to download the latest version of redsn0w (Win or Mac) and run it with the argument -S* (make sure it's a capital S).
Click 'Extras' then 'Select IPSW' and browse for the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your device.
Download links for iOS 5.1.1 are available at You must login or register to view this content..

Step Two:

Download the UDIDead bundle for your firmware version from the below, then in redsn0w, click 'Jailbreak', follow the instructions to enter DFU mode, then wait until presented with the option to select a custom bundle.
When given the option, browse for the UDIDead bundle you just downloaded and click 'Next'.

Step Three:

After redsn0w has finished, your device will reboot and activate with iTunes.

Help

Windows Command Prompt:
C:\Users\Stan>cd C:\redsn0w_directory_here && redsn0w.exe -S_

Mac Terminal:
Stans-Mac:~ stan$ cd /redsn0w_directory_here && ./redsn0w.app/Contents/MacOS/redsn0w -S_

Windows Command Prompt: Press Win+R, type cmd then press enter.
Mac Terminal: Click Applications, Utilities then click Terminal.

Downloads:

Bundles:

redsn0w:
redsn0w 0.9.12b2 - You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.

Hope you guys get this working, I don't wanna lose my jailbreak, haha.

You should just add a notice. People need to realize that this is made for Developers and thats the only people they released it to for a reason. Especially for like Beta 1 or the early betas Apple doesn't want people screwing up their everyday phone. It's not smart to update your primary iPhone/iPod/iPad to the Beta 1 either wait until closer to the release maybe around September then download the beta because it will be in like Beta 4 or just wait until the official release.
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM #13
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Thanks for this, Not doing it tho as i want to keep my JB obv :p
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM #14
has anyone else officially done this successfully?
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM #15
Originally posted by ruxpin810 View Post
i keep getting the errno=7 message, pls help, thanks.

me too i get the sam error
06-12-2012, 06:38 PM #16
cgs18
The Old NGU iDevice Guru
Originally posted by natashaleslie View Post
has anyone else officially done this successfully?

I tried it.. I think i bricked my iPod.. lol I suggest no one try this.. and just as i finished typing this it worked.. I'll report back with results..

Update: Well I'm booted up on iOS 6.. but it still says i need to be activated.. No
Last edited by cgs18 ; 06-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.
06-12-2012, 07:37 PM #17
Originally posted by Ghost121411 View Post
i cant seem to get the command for terminal to work to run redsn0w -.- idk what i am doing wrong

Originally posted by ruxpin810 View Post
I keep getting the errno=7 message, pls help, thanks.

If you guys can't do these simple things, I don't think you should be trying out the beta, just saying. I posted this from another page, I have not done it, nor will I because I have my UDID activated. Please do not ask me for help, because I can't.

LOOK HERE EVERYONE.

IF YOU TRY THIS IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP, DO NOT COMPLAIN. IOS BETAS ARE MEANT FOR IOS DEVELOPERS ONLY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, DO NOT MESSAGE ME OR COMPLAIN, I NEVER SAID IT WAS 100% WORKING.
Last edited by Samberg ; 06-12-2012 at 07:40 PM.

The following user thanked Samberg for this useful post:

cgs18
06-12-2012, 08:01 PM #18
Nabakin
Save Point
Guys I've found a better way because this way didn't work and I got a "errno=7" error when trying to do this.

This is what I have found works:
1. Restore the device to iOS 5.1.1
2. Activate it using iTunes
3. Then shift+click the update button once activated
4. Then select the iOS 6.0 ipsw and update
5. Then you won't have to activate iOS 6!

I hope that worked I am currently in the process of testing out this claim, I'll edit this post if it works!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by Samberg View Post
If you guys can't do these simple things, I don't think you should be trying out the beta, just saying. I posted this from another page, I have not done it, nor will I because I have my UDID activated. Please do not ask me for help, because I can't.

LOOK HERE EVERYONE.

IF YOU TRY THIS IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP, DO NOT COMPLAIN. IOS BETAS ARE MEANT FOR IOS DEVELOPERS ONLY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, DO NOT MESSAGE ME OR COMPLAIN, I NEVER SAID IT WAS 100% WORKING.

Then maybe you shouldn't have posted this...

The following 2 users groaned at Nabakin for this awful post:

cgs18, Samberg
06-12-2012, 08:03 PM #19
cgs18
The Old NGU iDevice Guru
Originally posted by Nabakin View Post
Guys I've found a better way because this way didn't work and I got a "errno=7" error when trying to do this.

This is what I have found works:
1. Restore the device to iOS 5.1.1
2. Activate it using iTunes
3. Then shift+click the update button once activated
4. Then select the iOS 6.0 ipsw and update
5. Then you won't have to activate iOS 6!

I hope that worked I am currently in the process of testing out this claim, I'll edit this post if it works!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Then maybe you shouldn't have posted this...

hey i hate to break it 2 u.. but that wont work.. its not even worth my time 2 try

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo