06-12-2012, 04:22 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
UDIDead
Activate iOS Betas WITHOUT UDID activation!

Apple place restrictions on who can install the iOS betas, The only way you can legitimately install iOS betas is if you get your UDID registered with an iOS developer.
UDIDead bypasses the need to either purchase the iOS developer program or get your best hacker friend to register your UDID by simply using a redsn0w bundle.

This tutorial assumes you've updated to iOS 6 and your device is ≤A4
(equal or less than).

Step One:

You're going to need to download the latest version of redsn0w (Win or Mac) and run it with the argument -S* (make sure it's a capital S).
Click 'Extras' then 'Select IPSW' and browse for the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your device.
Download links for iOS 5.1.1 are available at You must login or register to view this content..

Step Two:

Download the UDIDead bundle for your firmware version from the below, then in redsn0w, click 'Jailbreak', follow the instructions to enter DFU mode, then wait until presented with the option to select a custom bundle.
When given the option, browse for the UDIDead bundle you just downloaded and click 'Next'.

Step Three:

After redsn0w has finished, your device will reboot and activate with iTunes.

Help

Windows Command Prompt:
C:\Users\Stan>cd C:\redsn0w_directory_here && redsn0w.exe -S_

Mac Terminal:
Stans-Mac:~ stan$ cd /redsn0w_directory_here && ./redsn0w.app/Contents/MacOS/redsn0w -S_

Windows Command Prompt: Press Win+R, type cmd then press enter.
Mac Terminal: Click Applications, Utilities then click Terminal.

Downloads:

Bundles:
You must login or register to view this content.

redsn0w:
redsn0w 0.9.12b2 - You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.

Hope you guys get this working, I don't wanna lose my jailbreak, haha.

LOOK HERE EVERYONE.

IF YOU TRY THIS IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP, DO NOT COMPLAIN. IOS BETAS ARE MEANT FOR IOS DEVELOPERS ONLY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, DO NOT MESSAGE ME OR COMPLAIN.
I NEVER SAID IT WAS 100% WORKING.

TAKE THE RISKS OR DO NOT TRY AT ALL.

This is best used if you have a spare iDevice, do not update your main iDevice, not much really works in the first beta of iOS releases.
Last edited by Samberg ; 06-13-2012 at 04:53 AM.

The following 16 users say thank you to Samberg for this useful post:

BAMF, Boxxxxyyy, MikeOxBig, Jamba_PLuR, Lovol, Sterg, Monster-Energy, Ninja, Pimp, Pixie Lott, SantaClawZ, The Rangers, XHaveNOFearX, xShadow
06-12-2012, 08:05 PM #20
Nabakin
Save Point
Originally posted by cgs18 View Post
hey i hate to break it 2 u.. but that wont work.. its not even worth my time 2 try

k well I'm trying it but if by some miracle it works then I'll say so. It worked for someone with an iPad 2.

Here's the post: You must login or register to view this content.
06-12-2012, 08:08 PM #21
Nabakin
Save Point
Well it worked for someone with a iPad 2 so if it does work I'll post it.

Here's the post that claimed it: You must login or register to view this content.
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM #22
Nabakin
Save Point
hey i hate to break it 2 u.. but that wont work.. its not even worth my time 2 try

It's working!!!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

hey i hate to break it 2 u.. But that wont work.. Its not even worth my time 2 try

IT COMPLETELY WORKED ITS SO FREAKEN AWESOME!!!!!!
06-12-2012, 10:21 PM #23
Originally posted by Nabakin View Post
It's working!!!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

IT COMPLETELY WORKED ITS SO FREAKEN AWESOME!!!!!!

The following 3 users say thank you to Samberg for this useful post:

Adkins, Omshivam, Pixie Lott
06-12-2012, 10:35 PM #24
The Rangers
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Samberg View Post

How's the Facebook integration bud?
06-12-2012, 11:11 PM #25
Originally posted by rangerswatp1873 View Post

Did you read the thread at all?

"Hope you guys get this working, I don't wanna lose my jailbreak, haha."
06-13-2012, 03:47 AM #26
Originally posted by Samberg View Post
UDIDead
Activate iOS Betas WITHOUT UDID activation!

Apple place restrictions on who can install the iOS betas, The only way you can legitimately install iOS betas is if you get your UDID registered with an iOS developer.
UDIDead bypasses the need to either purchase the iOS developer program or get your best hacker friend to register your UDID by simply using a redsn0w bundle.

This tutorial assumes you've updated to iOS 6 and your device is ≤A4
(equal or less than).

Step One:

You're going to need to download the latest version of redsn0w (Win or Mac) and run it with the argument -S* (make sure it's a capital S).
Click 'Extras' then 'Select IPSW' and browse for the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your device.
Download links for iOS 5.1.1 are available at You must login or register to view this content..

Step Two:

Download the UDIDead bundle for your firmware version from the below, then in redsn0w, click 'Jailbreak', follow the instructions to enter DFU mode, then wait until presented with the option to select a custom bundle.
When given the option, browse for the UDIDead bundle you just downloaded and click 'Next'.

Step Three:

After redsn0w has finished, your device will reboot and activate with iTunes.

Help

Windows Command Prompt:
C:\Users\Stan>cd C:\redsn0w_directory_here && redsn0w.exe -S_

Mac Terminal:
Stans-Mac:~ stan$ cd /redsn0w_directory_here && ./redsn0w.app/Contents/MacOS/redsn0w -S_

Windows Command Prompt: Press Win+R, type cmd then press enter.
Mac Terminal: Click Applications, Utilities then click Terminal.

Downloads:

Bundles:

redsn0w:
redsn0w 0.9.12b2 - You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.

Hope you guys get this working, I don't wanna lose my jailbreak, haha.

LOOK HERE EVERYONE.

IF YOU TRY THIS IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP, DO NOT COMPLAIN. IOS BETAS ARE MEANT FOR IOS DEVELOPERS ONLY. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, DO NOT MESSAGE ME OR COMPLAIN.
I NEVER SAID IT WAS 100% WORKING.

TAKE THE RISKS OR DO NOT TRY AT ALL.

This is best used if you have a spare iDevice, do not update your main iDevice, not much really works in the first beta of iOS releases.

Can you update your thread with some features of iOS6 beta? Just so we know what we're doing this for :p
06-14-2012, 01:13 AM #27
Nabakin
Save Point
Originally posted by rangerswatp1873 View Post

Well the Facebook integration is basically the exact same thing for twitter integration in iOS 5 but is in the Notification Center

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

But when I said it worked I wasn't talking about this post I was talking about this:

If you guys want to update to iOS 6 follow these instructions. There were a lot of stupid tutorials out there that required you to pay money to update and weren't clear on how to get it, so I present a noob friendly way to update your iDevice to iOS 6 for free without loosing any data unless if you are jailbroken you'll loose all of your jailbreak data, for those of you that have no clue what I'm talking about right now ignore it you would know if you had it. One last note is that this version of iOS is in BETA which means that it's pretty buggy and since its in beta probably about 15% of your apps won't work, but no worries Angry Birds still works. Smile

1.) You need to see if you need to update iTunes(If you don't have iTunes download/install it here: You must login or register to view this content. and skip to the next step). Do this by clicking help at the top of the iTunes window and clicking "Check for Updates" If you have the lastest version of iTunes you will receive a message saying, "This version of iTunes (10.6.3) is the current version." If you don't then follow the steps to update.

2.) Next you have to download iOS 6 beta 1 by scrolling down to the iOS 6 beta 1 header and clicking your iDevice here:
You must login or register to view this content. (I realized some of the download links aren't working I will post more download links in the comments)

3.) If you have any apps that you would like to keep, backup your data in iTunes, you can do this by plugging in your iDevice into your computer, right-clicking your iDevice in the left-pane where it shows your music, downloads, etc and clicking "backup" once finished it has been backed up and you are ready for the next step.

4.) Now you have to restore your iDevice, this automatically updates it to 5.1.1 if you aren't already there. To restore just click on your iDevice in iTunes in the left-pane and then click restore, follow the steps, and don't mess with your iDevice while restoring. If your iDevice isn't updated to iOS 5.1.1 then it will have to download the new firmware to update it as well. Note: its finished restoring when the iDevice starts back up.

5.) Now you have to activate the iDevice, you normally can do it from either the iDevice or iTunes, we need to use iTunes for this one. Click on your iDevice in the left-pane of iTunes again, then click "Restore from Backup" and select the backup you made in step 3 from the drop-down menu. Then do whatever you want for the rest of the activation, just keep entering info until it's activated.

6.) Now click on your iDevice in the left-pane again and shift-click(control-click I believe for Mac users) the "Check for Update" button this should bring up a new window to browse for your iOS 6 beta 1 file that you downloaded, so go ahead and find where you downloaded it(if you used Google Chrome/ Firefox to download the file it should be in your downloads folder. I don't know where for Internet Explorer). Now double-click the iOS 6 beta 1 file and the update process should start, it is just like the restore process except it doesn't have to download anything. Once the update process is done you can unplug your iDevice with a install of iOS 6 beta 1!

P.S. I like one feature mainly on my iPod Tough 4g, Safari is remade and faster than ever! On the iPhone 4S Siri is updated to do cooler stuff as well.
By the way if you have any questions/comments please don't hesitate to post I would love to answer them!

Hope this worked/helped, Nabakin
06-14-2012, 05:14 PM #28
I get errno = 7 when it tries to install the UDIDead bundle.

Any help?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo