02-04-2013, 06:31 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); A lot of you are noting that Cydia is more than painfully slow right now, bringing up lots of errors. I just want to clarify that is is not an effect of the jailbreak; whenever a new jailbreak is released the traffic to the repositories reaches breaking limits and certain repos will stop functioning due to the surge in traffic. With over 250,000 people currently trying to use all the repos, you may have to be patient and wait a few hours, or even a day, before it begins to calm down.

Errors & Meanings
Hash Sum Mismatch - the filesums of the downloaded files didn't match. Just retry the download.
Size Mismatch - the expected filesize didn't match the actual filesize. Retry download.
POSIX: Operation timed out - the connection to the repo timed out, probably due to overloading. Wait a few minutes and try again.
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error - the repo is overloaded and is spitting out server error messages as it is unable to handle so many users.

Also, if you are jailbreaking for Installous, you are out of luck. Installous' creators Hackulo.us shut down just last month citing financial difficulties and lack of interest as reasons behind it. There's several alternatives however, all of which are listed You must login or register to view this content..
Last edited by x iJB x ; 02-05-2013 at 12:21 AM.

The following 25 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Alt, AMNE, Bengalsfan Modz, Bomb789, DevilzFinest, Elk, FuzzaMuzza, Gangstuh., iKlutz, imD, Lovol, M33-_-Firmware, Monster-Energy, Mr Grumpy, Mudkip, Ninja, Dan, PussayPatrol, Kryptors, redbullmasta, The_Gazra, xSoulEdge, zackxedge

The following user groaned x iJB x for this awful post:

02-04-2013, 06:44 PM #2
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Ok, thanks for clearing this up. I'll try later then
02-04-2013, 06:45 PM #3
The_Gazra
League Champion
This is going to be funny just to see how many people start looking for installous to find its been closed lol.

I can finally theme my iPhone again thank god I hate the stock it's so boring. Can't wait to have my theme back on :-D although it will probably need tweaking for ios 6 :( back to editing for me lol.

Thanks for letting new people no about this lol.
02-04-2013, 06:49 PM #4
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by Gazra View Post
This is going to be funny just to see how many people start looking for installous to find its been closed lol.

I can finally theme my iPhone again thank god I hate the stock it's so boring. Can't wait to have my theme back on :-D although it will probably need tweaking for ios 6 :( back to editing for me lol.

Thanks for letting new people no about this lol.

Actually that's a good point. I'll update the thread.
02-04-2013, 07:09 PM #5
thankx for the info mate
02-04-2013, 07:25 PM #6
Default Avatar
Luis
You must login or register to view this content. :fah:
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM #7
xSoulEdge
Big Sister
Thanks for the heads up.
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM #8
gypsyhtown