02-04-2013, 06:31 PM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); A lot of you are noting that Cydia is more than painfully slow right now, bringing up lots of errors. I just want to clarify that is is not an effect of the jailbreak; whenever a new jailbreak is released the traffic to the repositories reaches breaking limits and certain repos will stop functioning due to the surge in traffic. With over 250,000 people currently trying to use all the repos, you may have to be patient and wait a few hours, or even a day, before it begins to calm down.

Errors & Meanings
Hash Sum Mismatch - the filesums of the downloaded files didn't match. Just retry the download.
Size Mismatch - the expected filesize didn't match the actual filesize. Retry download.
POSIX: Operation timed out - the connection to the repo timed out, probably due to overloading. Wait a few minutes and try again.
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error - the repo is overloaded and is spitting out server error messages as it is unable to handle so many users.

Also, if you are jailbreaking for Installous, you are out of luck. Installous' creators Hackulo.us shut down just last month citing financial difficulties and lack of interest as reasons behind it. There's several alternatives however, all of which are listed You must login or register to view this content..
Last edited by x iJB x ; 02-05-2013 at 12:21 AM.

The following 25 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Alt, AMNE, Bengalsfan Modz, Bomb789, DevilzFinest, Elk, FuzzaMuzza, Gangstuh., iKlutz, imD, Lovol, M33-_-Firmware, Monster-Energy, Mr Grumpy, Mudkip, Ninja, Dan, PussayPatrol, Kryptors, redbullmasta, The_Gazra, xSoulEdge, zackxedge

The following user groaned x iJB x for this awful post:

02-05-2013, 12:22 AM #20
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
How 2 install?
02-05-2013, 01:26 AM #21
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by Guedes View Post
This device is on the pending TSS queue,how do I fix it? iphone 5

This means Cydia is waiting to cache your SHSH blobs (used to downgrade to older versions of iOS). It'll be gone within a day or so.

In other news, Cydia and many repositories seem to be recovering at long last, 7 hours after the jailbreak was released. There's still some problems but it's a little more stable now.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Originally posted by Jared View Post
Mine keeps getting errors like none other when I try to install some new applications with it. It usually just gets hung up and wot download. Just gonna have to wait.

Also, I haven't been into iDevice jail breaking a lot, but does Cydia eat up more battery?

Cydia won't eat up battery. If you install memory intensive tweaks like Dreamboard, it'll eat battery quicker than normal.
02-05-2013, 02:38 AM #22
cgs18
The Old NGU iDevice Guru
Originally posted by x
A lot of you are noting that Cydia is more than painfully slow right now, bringing up lots of errors. I just want to clarify that is is not an effect of the jailbreak; whenever a new jailbreak is released the traffic to the repositories reaches breaking limits and certain repos will stop functioning due to the surge in traffic. With over 250,000 people currently trying to use all the repos, you may have to be patient and wait a few hours, or even a day, before it begins to calm down.

Errors & Meanings
Hash Sum Mismatch - the filesums of the downloaded files didn't match. Just retry the download.
Size Mismatch - the expected filesize didn't match the actual filesize. Retry download.
POSIX: Operation timed out - the connection to the repo timed out, probably due to overloading. Wait a few minutes and try again.
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error - the repo is overloaded and is spitting out server error messages as it is unable to handle so many users.

Also, if you are jailbreaking for Installous, you are out of luck. Installous' creators Hackulo.us shut down just last month citing financial difficulties and lack of interest as reasons behind it. There's several alternatives however, all of which are listed You must login or register to view this content..

Bigboss repo is the biggest problem.. Damn thing hasn't loaded since I've launched Cydia..
02-05-2013, 03:23 AM #23
Gangstuh.
NGU's Gangstuh :p
Yeah it's really bad :/
02-05-2013, 03:33 AM #24
Anybody know of any themes that work on iPhone 5 right now?
02-05-2013, 10:25 AM #25
Lucy Pinder
At least I can fight
seems to be working better this morning. its still slow but lets you get some tweaks. xsellize repo seems to have been down ever since the jailbreak was released
Last edited by Lucy Pinder ; 02-05-2013 at 10:27 AM.
03-29-2013, 11:20 PM #26
thanks for your help
04-13-2013, 03:30 PM #27
inb4 skidzz who dont have iphone thinks this is realted to ps3 jailbreakin
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM #28
ImSooCool
Vault dweller
thanks for the info Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo