04-10-2017, 07:03 PM #1
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been out of the modding scene for a while now so plz don't kill me if the answer is obvious, but I have Googled this and searched a lot of forums.

Are any of you guys unable to find other players after you forced host? I did read somewhere that Treyarch did something to the servers which no longer lets us force host, is this true? Right now I'm unsure if it is my internet or if there is something going on because my NAT has been stuck at type 2 with about 20 Mbps download recently, though I don't really see why this would prevent me from hosting. I've also came across others with the same problem, but they are just getting told it's their internet (even though they clearly stated they have around 40-50 Mbps with a NAT of type 1, which is what I normally have).

Can any of you clear this up for me, I would really appreciate it, thanks.
04-11-2017, 06:34 AM #2
Originally posted by JustFuSiOn View Post
I've been out of the modding scene for a while now so plz don't kill me if the answer is obvious, but I have Googled this and searched a lot of forums.

Are any of you guys unable to find other players after you forced host? I did read somewhere that Treyarch did something to the servers which no longer lets us force host, is this true? Right now I'm unsure if it is my internet or if there is something going on because my NAT has been stuck at type 2 with about 20 Mbps download recently, though I don't really see why this would prevent me from hosting. I've also came across others with the same problem, but they are just getting told it's their internet (even though they clearly stated they have around 40-50 Mbps with a NAT of type 1, which is what I normally have).

Can any of you clear this up for me, I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Is this multiplayer? I haven't had any trouble hosting on zombies, but haven't attempted multiplayer in months.
04-11-2017, 08:23 AM #3
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Is this multiplayer? I haven't had any trouble hosting on zombies, but haven't attempted multiplayer in months.

Yeah it's multiplayer.
04-11-2017, 10:49 AM #4
Yeah it's multiplayer.

Kronos said that BO2 switched to dedicated servers instead of using user-hosted. Dunno if that's true
04-11-2017, 11:26 AM #5
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Kronos said that BO2 switched to dedicated servers instead of using user-hosted. Dunno if that's true

Oh right, so there's no way around it then...
04-11-2017, 06:37 PM #6
Oh right, so there's no way around it then...

At least there's zombies. Don't know why 3arc would bother with BO2 if they're never going to fix the Big Leagues trophy.
04-11-2017, 06:51 PM #7
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
At least there's zombies. Don't know why 3arc would bother with BO2 if they're never going to fix the Big Leagues trophy.

Me neither, the game is 5 years old so why do they still care anyway?

EDIT: Well it's definitely not my internet because I just hosted zombies very quickly.
Last edited by JustFuSiOn ; 04-12-2017 at 08:10 AM.
04-16-2017, 09:00 AM #8
iDeity
Bounty hunter
Dedicated servers were removed originally back in 2015 due to the first slow lobby infection being spread through them. The game-- at the time-- didn't entirely rely on them, it also treated user host connections nicely and did not divide them and prioritize dedicated servers as you see now.

They only recently made an appearance again in early 2017.. but this time Treyarch put everything on the dedicated servers, making it so you are put into one 98% of the time. You'll find the occasional force hosted lobby, usually with people using Destiny, but besides that force hosting with success has basically gone extinct.

It's truly a shame considering I used to host Zombieland on a daily basis, and now I can't even get more than 3 people in a forced host TDM lobby in more than 5+ minutes. I was thinking it was done because Xbox One was creating backwards compatibility for the game, and they wanted to prevent modding as much as they really could.. that's if they share the same dedicated servers as us. I have no clue if they actually do.

..Someone infect them again so Treyarch removes them. xD
Last edited by iDeity ; 04-16-2017 at 09:06 AM.
04-16-2017, 09:20 AM #9
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
Originally posted by Jeru View Post
Dedicated servers were removed originally back in 2015 due to the first slow lobby infection being spread through them. The game-- at the time-- didn't entirely rely on them, it also treated user host connections nicely and did not divide them and prioritize dedicated servers as you see now.

They only recently made an appearance again in early 2017.. but this time Treyarch put everything on the dedicated servers, making it so you are put into one 98% of the time. You'll find the occasional force hosted lobby, usually with people using Destiny, but besides that force hosting with success has basically gone extinct.

It's truly a shame considering I used to host Zombieland on a daily basis, and now I can't even get more than 3 people in a forced host TDM lobby in more than 5+ minutes. I was thinking it was done because Xbox One was creating backwards compatibility for the game, and they wanted to prevent modding as much as they really could.. that's if they share the same dedicated servers as us. I have no clue if they actually do.

..Someone infect them again so Treyarch removes them. xD

I don't think Xbox One does have dedicated servers, if you check out the BO2 live streams on YouTube you will often find people hosting modded lobbies on Xbox One.

I don't understand why the change has been made for PS3 and not Xbox One because, obviously, the majority of players on BO2 will be on Xbox One now.
04-16-2017, 09:31 AM #10
iDeity
Bounty hunter
I don't think Xbox One does have dedicated servers, if you check out the BO2 live streams on YouTube you will often find people hosting modded lobbies on Xbox One.

I don't understand why the change has been made for PS3 and not Xbox One because, obviously, the majority of players on BO2 will be on Xbox One now.

Huh, well, if they weren't brought back for that then.. seriously, why the PS3 version? I don't think I've ever wanted an answer more in my life than this one.

I completely understand wanting to get rid of host mods, but if they're aware of that they are definitely aware of the off-host mods and how they could potentially ruin a lobby worse than host modding. Look at Paradox for example.. those spinning, lagging fucks basically have unfair aimbot. There's more of them now too, I've noticed, possibly thanks to hosting just not working well anymore.

I want to look deeper into it but I'll just stick to the idea that they want hosting to vanish.

The following 2 users say thank you to iDeity for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, JustFuSiOn

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo