04-10-2017, 07:03 PM #1
JustFuSiOn
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been out of the modding scene for a while now so plz don't kill me if the answer is obvious, but I have Googled this and searched a lot of forums.

Are any of you guys unable to find other players after you forced host? I did read somewhere that Treyarch did something to the servers which no longer lets us force host, is this true? Right now I'm unsure if it is my internet or if there is something going on because my NAT has been stuck at type 2 with about 20 Mbps download recently, though I don't really see why this would prevent me from hosting. I've also came across others with the same problem, but they are just getting told it's their internet (even though they clearly stated they have around 40-50 Mbps with a NAT of type 1, which is what I normally have).

Can any of you clear this up for me, I would really appreciate it, thanks.
04-16-2017, 10:46 AM #11
Originally posted by Jeru View Post
Dedicated servers were removed originally back in 2015 due to the first slow lobby infection being spread through them. The game-- at the time-- didn't entirely rely on them, it also treated user host connections nicely and did not divide them and prioritize dedicated servers as you see now.

They only recently made an appearance again in early 2017.. but this time Treyarch put everything on the dedicated servers, making it so you are put into one 98% of the time. You'll find the occasional force hosted lobby, usually with people using Destiny, but besides that force hosting with success has basically gone extinct.

It's truly a shame considering I used to host Zombieland on a daily basis, and now I can't even get more than 3 people in a forced host TDM lobby in more than 5+ minutes. I was thinking it was done because Xbox One was creating backwards compatibility for the game, and they wanted to prevent modding as much as they really could.. that's if they share the same dedicated servers as us. I have no clue if they actually do.

..Someone infect them again so Treyarch removes them. xD

It is a shame, because I used to host XP lobbies, as well as giving menus out, or doing Floor is Lava/Hunger Games/Prop Hunt. Sal Now, i've only the choice of hosting zombies, which is very lackluster in what can be done, compared to multiplayer.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

iDeity
04-17-2017, 01:35 AM #12
iDeity
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
It is a shame, because I used to host XP lobbies, as well as giving menus out, or doing Floor is Lava/Hunger Games/Prop Hunt. Sal Now, i've only the choice of hosting zombies, which is very lackluster in what can be done, compared to multiplayer.

Hosting on Zombies sucks eggs imo, because if one of the people leave because they don't like the mods, it only leaves you with two other people assuming they didn't leave as well, and that person's spot can't even be replaced ._.

I've honestly gone back to hosting super jump/XP lobbies in MW3 because of it. I don't mind playing legit at all on BO2, but S&Awesome face is filled with newgen modders and booters. I can't stand it. The place became another CFG MW2 outburst, except with actual jailbreakers.
04-17-2017, 02:05 PM #13
Hosting on Zombies sucks eggs imo, because if one of the people leave because they don't like the mods, it only leaves you with two other people assuming they didn't leave as well, and that person's spot can't even be replaced ._.

I've honestly gone back to hosting super jump/XP lobbies in MW3 because of it. I don't mind playing legit at all on BO2, but S&Awesome face is filled with newgen modders and booters. I can't stand it. The place became another CFG MW2 outburst, except with actual jailbreakers.

That's why you host 8 player zombie lobbies, not 4. Besides, MW3 is more likely to get me booted than BO2 Sal
04-17-2017, 08:08 PM #14
iDeity
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
That's why you host 8 player zombie lobbies, not 4. Besides, MW3 is more likely to get me booted than BO2 Sal

You know I completely forgot 8 player zombies existed! Whoops.
And really? I've never been booted on MW3, at least not as far as I'm sure.
04-17-2017, 08:44 PM #15
You know I completely forgot 8 player zombies existed! Whoops.
And really? I've never been booted on MW3, at least not as far as I'm sure.

Eh, I get booted when I pull out the god mode class Sal Never had problems on BO1 though.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo