12-05-2012, 08:21 PM #1
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); New News/Update: Apparently the 1.04 fixed the server even though they said we were "banned". The 1.04 has fixed the issue for many people. Try to update to 1.04 and see if it works Happy

I called Activision for the sixth time yesterday. The agent asked me for my PSN account and my mac address. I gave them to him and he said that he would contact technical support. I received this email today:

"Hello Nick,

After further investigation I received information showing that the PSN ID "merchantman1" is banned from playing Black Ops II.

Unfortunately there is nothing Activision can do about the account being banned as that is all handled by the developers of the game. Bans for hacking, cheating or other behavior that violates the terms of service are final and will not be discussed. Activision Customer Support will not be able to reverse any ban on your account. For information on what is a bannable offense please check the following:

- Treyarch has a forum thread discussing their ban policy:

You must login or register to view this content.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us again via email or telephone.

Thank you,

Christian A.
Activision Technical Support"
[/i]

I never even played on the account before. I never backed the game up. I never played online before. I never modded "hacked" it. Fuck Treyarch. Fuck Activision. Fuck Call of Duty.

New info:
Don't call them about your account being banned. They won't do anything about it. They will just say sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about account bans.
I asked them if I could contact anyone else about it and they said no.
Banned on a game I never even played on. lol

TLAwesome faceR:
If you can't connect to the servers now, it's official: You're [were?] BANNED
Delete any homebrew on your PS3. Wait 3-4 days. Create a new account or go on an account that has never even started Black Ops 2 and you should be able to play.
Last edited by ICS Vortex ; 12-08-2012 at 01:04 AM.

The following 20 users say thank you to ICS Vortex for this useful post:

|ManiaC|, YouAppreciateMe, Det0x, eddine67, Harry, IvanTheTerrible, Jamaicanmecrazy, James_Bond, KaReM-D, Meatwad, Toke, New York BOY !, Nubz, Jango, Swifter, xKtF, xSoulEdge

The following user groaned ICS Vortex for this awful post:

CryptiK_
12-06-2012, 04:06 AM #20
Jango
I love my kitteh
Originally posted by ICS
I hear ya man.
I sent a message to all my friends and told them to add my side account if they wanted to play BO2.
I'm not even going to bother playing multiplayer, just zombies as there is no point in leveling up as you said.

I have been playing league play mainly. Regular multiplayer becomes boring after you get into league play. But the matchmaking sucks sooooo much.
12-06-2012, 09:26 AM #21
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by XxWOLFxX View Post
"Bans will not carry over" my ass. Fucking assholes.

Found out if you delete all of your homebrew then you can play on a sub account though.. Me and ICS can verify..
Still though this is bullshit.

This isn't exactly true and seems to depend on your type of ban. For me, all existing accounts that I had created prior to attempting to play BO2 do not work, even after completely wiping my harddrive. However, creating a new account afterwards I can play.
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM #22
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
This isn't exactly true and seems to depend on your type of ban. For me, all existing accounts that I had created prior to attempting to play BO2 do not work, even after completely wiping my harddrive. However, creating a new account afterwards I can play.

The account that you will play on has to be an account that has never started black ops 2 before (in our case).
12-06-2012, 08:07 PM #23
Det0x
Pimpin 24/7
Well I modded Black Ops 1 ages ago. When Black Ops II came out I was able to play with out server issues. I guess they pick and choose who they want to ban.
But my ps3 YLOD'ed on me so it's no worries anymore! Happy
12-06-2012, 11:06 PM #24
Agent_LSD
Vault dweller
Originally posted by imran1980 View Post
Did they say if it's account ban and console ban? because since day 1 of game being released I can't use any of my accounts.

It is a console ban, any account that logs in on that console is then auto-banned as well.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

On a side note the new MoH Warfighter game is pretty bad ass
12-06-2012, 11:09 PM #25
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by LSD View Post
It is a console ban, any account that logs in on that console is then auto-banned as well.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Yeah... I've given up on Activision.. I'll wait for battlefield 4. Never played a battlefield game but I heard Bat3 destroys mw3.
12-07-2012, 01:08 AM #26
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by LSD View Post

It's not a console ban as far as it went for me.
Delete all homebrew from the playstation. Wait 3-4 days (cool down). Create a new account or use an existing account that hasn't STARTED Black Ops 2 while being ONLINE. Start Black Ops 2. It should then allow you online, if not I'm not sure what else to tell anyone. That method worked for 5 or more users that I've told to do that.
12-07-2012, 01:57 AM #27
New York BOY !
Service Shop Owner ;
Originally posted by XxWOLFxX View Post
I tried everything but this. Didn't work. Deleted all homebrew, suddenly worked. What other variable did I miss?

All i did was created a new psn on qriocity, then created a new user on my cfw & signed in .
12-07-2012, 09:59 AM #28
SectorHydra
Do a barrel roll!
Wow, pretty lame. Disliked COD since Black Ops 1.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo