Post: Spoke To Activision Today: Fixing Console Bans For Legit Players And Modders
03-19-2014, 07:53 PM #1
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Dear Legit Players,
All casual bans for anyone who has no affiliation of mods on their accounts are being revoked in the quickest way possible. Activision support representatives advise you to go on the internet browser of ps3 and clear cache, history, and cookies. After you have done that reset the ps3 and load up the game. They told me this works to unban the console if it was an accidental ban but I cannot verify this as all my accounts are hacked.

Dear Fellow Modders,
If there is any affiliation of mods coming from the user's console (*CID*), it results in a console id and MAC address ban (nothing new). But what if you are console banned from ghosts after changing both CID and MAC address? Sorry to say this but you can't use friends or public ids to play ghosts (if anyone using the CID has ever been on ghosts modding/using a modded eboot or account mods), you must generate or purchase an unused private CID to fix this issue.

The following 2 users say thank you to Edgee for this useful post:

Mango_Knife, Winter
03-20-2014, 11:03 PM #11
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by maddog197979 View Post
I prestige glitches four accounts on my ps3 none of them were re-set r banned

Hopefully it stays like that Smile
03-20-2014, 11:05 PM #12
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Hondarydr View Post
I had a recovery service done on my account. I logged in yesterday to see my account was reset. Lol I am actually more than happy to see that I was reset rather than banned. :p

Yah because you can't reverse an account ban (yet Winky Winky )

P.s. I love "you're" signature haha :P
03-20-2014, 11:09 PM #13
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Since when does clearing your browser on your PS3 affect modding?

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

Mythusala
03-21-2014, 02:51 AM #14
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
Since when does clearing your browser on your PS3 affect modding?

That is the part that is for legit players as I wrote "Dear Legit Players,"
It is for the people who have been console banned "by accident" without ever modding on their ps3 (don't know what may happen if the person has simple account mods from a recovery service). If you don't believe me about them wanting you to clear cache/history/cookies through the browser, call them tomorrow and tell them your console has been banned and ask how to fix it, just don't mention you are using a custom firmware ps3 or are a modder as there is a good chance they will hang up and/or ban the account you "linked" to the phone number you are calling from.
03-21-2014, 04:53 AM #15
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Mythusala View Post
Ok kid first off activision wont even tell you to use another console so please just stop while you're ahead. I mean you are making yourself look soo stupid and failing at trying to recover at a mistake you made in the first post. Like people say you can't fix stupid... Big companies like activision only tell you the minimal of what needs to be heard. Why? It's obvious they want to make and not lose as much money as possible. So I highly doubt you were told this crap...

I don't even want to deal with you, stop hating just because you are bored. Nothing constructive is coming out of your comments so please just get off my thread if this is what you want to do. There's a report button, report my thread if you just can't live without hating me, ok? Nothing will happen if you try to pick up the phone and act like you are a legit player that is banned on the console. If the whole clearing stuff through the browser doesn't work, they will ask for your accounts to see if there indeed was exploiting activity found and if there was they will say we can't do anything but run a thorough check on them with the technical service. If your console is banned on an ofw console and accounts are found to have been modded using the console (hints what a console id is) which includes dupe glitch they can't do anything to reverse those bans as any form of exploiting and cheating is against the terms of service. If that happens and you were indeed using an ofw ps3, use a different one to play ghosts, or better yet go play ps4 with all the Christmas noobs that learned how to camp in EVERY CORNER. The only thing that needs to be fixed in this thread is your attitude so back off!
03-21-2014, 05:11 AM #16
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
I honestly don't want to deal with haters. Wait I have haters...That must mean I am becoming successful yay! Happy

Thanks to everyone who has the ability to post meaningful comments to my threads including this one that have at least some constructive reasoning. If you have any constructive criticism please tell me, it helps me grow as a member of this community, just don't start criticizing me without telling me what I can do better. It is hate and a form of online abuse and that isn't what this community is about. NGU is a place where we can help, teach, and interact with others. If you want to go hate and abuse go to TTG where that is prominent and the sincerely nice people come here to get away from, don't leave a bad first impression about NGU to the new users. We are the future of this site.
03-21-2014, 05:44 AM #17
Edgee
Do a barrel roll!
It's not my responsibility to fight you and enforce rules against you. Also I don't have time to put up with you, I just don't. You don't get it do you? I'll let the staff put up with you from now on.
03-21-2014, 06:27 AM #18
Nick
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by NGUTechSupport View Post
Dear Legit Players,
All casual bans for anyone who has no affiliation of mods on their accounts are being revoked in the quickest way possible. Activision support representatives advise you to go on the internet browser of ps3 and clear cache, history, and cookies. After you have done that reset the ps3 and load up the game. They told me this works to unban the console if it was an accidental ban but I cannot verify this as all my accounts are hacked.

Dear Fellow Modders,
If there is any affiliation of mods coming from the user's console (*CID*), it results in a console id and MAC address ban (nothing new). But what if you are console banned from ghosts after changing both CID and MAC address? Sorry to say this but you can't use friends or public ids to play ghosts (if anyone using the CID has ever been on ghosts modding/using a modded eboot or account mods), you must generate or purchase an unused private CID to fix this issue.

clearing my cache history and cookies from the web browser has helped me in the past when I was told to do that by Sony :P
03-21-2014, 06:36 AM #19
Enough with the flaming in this thread. Any further flaming will result in infractions.

The following user thanked Drackos for this useful post:

Edgee

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo