07-06-2010, 05:18 AM #1
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Don't post this anywhere else without giving me, Michael, credit.

You need a root account in Linux for this! I used Ubuntu 10.04. The SDK is for Windows as well, but there's no readme for the files. So I set up VMWare with Ubuntu so I can use Linux inside Windows.

For Linux:
In Ubuntu, Fedora, Yellow Dog, etc, type "sudo apt-get install yum" in Terminal.
Type in your root password.
Now, look for a repository with PS3 binaries. You can get some from PS3Bodega.
You need the PS3 SDK kit as well, the full one. You can't get the full 600MB one from pretty much anywhere unless you search. I can't give a link since it's not allowed.
With yum and the RPM installed, now you can just type "yum ps3unpkgr" in Terminal instead of code editing.
When you get the SDK and install the binaries (the RPM is right there), you can use "ps3unpkgr -x <PKG name>" and unpack everything.
To pack it into a PKG again, use "ps3unpkgr -c <PKG name>" and it will pack.
I'm not going to sit and explain everything so thoroughly if you don't know how to do it. If you really are wanting more, reach me another way.

To do this in Windows:
Download the PS3 SDK.
Go into the "host-win32" folder.
Go into "bin."
In Command Prompt, drag "make_package_npdrm.exe" into the prompt, and use -x <PKG name> to decompress. Use -c <PKG name> to compress.
This unpacker will only work for certain PKGs! Luckily, the patch falls under this category.

You must login or register to view this content.
TinyPic resizing my monitor.. wow.
Last edited by Michael ; 07-11-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: I added how to do it on Windows.

The following 18 users say thank you to Michael for this useful post:

<Jimbo>, closebeat, D3cH, deathmore, Grandad Trotter, i_am_legend147, IDontbreak, iiFaMoUzZ-, Macdaddy4sure, Maty360414, Ninja, Nolzad0, ps3user123, RyGuy88, SupaTrollioBros, ThisIsBio, zasz
07-06-2010, 07:50 AM #11
The reson for using linux is because the leaked $DK does not come with a compiler.
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM #12
ciuppy
Haxor!
@ Michael

U have tried to mod the patch with this method?
07-06-2010, 01:02 PM #13
henno
I am error
can some one please tell my how to install ps3 sdk?
i downloaded it but i dont know how to install.
I have yum and repository with PS3 binaries installed on ubuntu 10 but i cant install PS SDK
07-06-2010, 01:11 PM #14
D3cH
Zombie Cakes Maker
Basicaly PS3 is the Linux (PS3 is based on Linux).
Last edited by D3cH ; 07-06-2010 at 01:14 PM.
07-06-2010, 01:16 PM #15
jake-thesnake
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by D3cH View Post
Basicaly PS3 is the Linux (PS3 is based on Linux).

Damn you Sony for taking away our Multi-OS Option!
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM #16
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
Originally posted by thesnake View Post
Damn you Sony for taking away our Multi-OS Option!

Yeah, if it was still on PS3, I would have just done it on Yellow Dog.
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM #17
fightinillini94
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Michael View Post
I don't think editing the PKG is the method Hunter or TheUnkn0wn took. I think it is something REALLY simple like the prestige glitch found by gofurgold.

Don't post this anywhere else without giving me, Michael, credit.

You need a root account in Linux for this! I used Ubuntu 10.04. The SDK is for Windows as well, but there's no readme for the files. So I set up VMWare with Ubuntu so I can use Linux inside Windows.
In Ubuntu, Fedora, Yellow Dog, etc, type "sudo apt-get install yum" in Terminal.
Type in your root password.
Now, look for a repository with PS3 binaries. You can get some from PS3Bodega.
You need the PS3 SDK kit as well. You can't get the full 600MB one, get the 156MB one. I won't provide a link, go find it.
With yum and the RPM installed, now you can just type "yum ps3unpkgr" in Terminal instead of code editing.
When you get the SDK and install the binaries (the RPM is right there), you can use "ps3unpkgr -x <PKG name>" and unpack everything.
To pack it into a PKG again, use "ps3unpkgr -c <PKG name>" and it will pack.
I'm not going to sit and explain everything so thoroughly if you don't know how to do it. If you really are wanting more, reach me another way.

You must login or register to view this content.
TinyPic resizing my monitor.. wow.

The sdk won't work right on retail pkg's. It's only for dev pkg's for dev consoles :(. I tried this like 3 weeks ago
07-06-2010, 03:00 PM #18
Draama
i izz a manwh0re
I have no idea what the f**k you said.

The following user thanked Draama for this useful post:

Nolzad0
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM #19
dm430
I defeated!
any one looking for the sdk i have it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.