07-06-2010, 05:18 AM #1
Michael
I love smart girls. ♥
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Don't post this anywhere else without giving me, Michael, credit.

You need a root account in Linux for this! I used Ubuntu 10.04. The SDK is for Windows as well, but there's no readme for the files. So I set up VMWare with Ubuntu so I can use Linux inside Windows.

For Linux:
In Ubuntu, Fedora, Yellow Dog, etc, type "sudo apt-get install yum" in Terminal.
Type in your root password.
Now, look for a repository with PS3 binaries. You can get some from PS3Bodega.
You need the PS3 SDK kit as well, the full one. You can't get the full 600MB one from pretty much anywhere unless you search. I can't give a link since it's not allowed.
With yum and the RPM installed, now you can just type "yum ps3unpkgr" in Terminal instead of code editing.
When you get the SDK and install the binaries (the RPM is right there), you can use "ps3unpkgr -x <PKG name>" and unpack everything.
To pack it into a PKG again, use "ps3unpkgr -c <PKG name>" and it will pack.
I'm not going to sit and explain everything so thoroughly if you don't know how to do it. If you really are wanting more, reach me another way.

To do this in Windows:
Download the PS3 SDK.
Go into the "host-win32" folder.
Go into "bin."
In Command Prompt, drag "make_package_npdrm.exe" into the prompt, and use -x <PKG name> to decompress. Use -c <PKG name> to compress.
This unpacker will only work for certain PKGs! Luckily, the patch falls under this category.

You must login or register to view this content.
TinyPic resizing my monitor.. wow.
Last edited by Michael ; 07-11-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: I added how to do it on Windows.

The following 18 users say thank you to Michael for this useful post:

<Jimbo>, closebeat, D3cH, deathmore, Grandad Trotter, i_am_legend147, IDontbreak, iiFaMoUzZ-, Macdaddy4sure, Maty360414, Ninja, Nolzad0, ps3user123, RyGuy88, SupaTrollioBros, ThisIsBio, zasz
03-06-2011, 08:19 PM #209
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by TasteTheRainBow View Post
Sticky Or GTFO! Thanks For The Tutorial Bro. This Will Be SOO much helpful Nominated Sir...

Bump much?
03-06-2011, 08:23 PM #210
Originally posted by MerkLovesToHack View Post
Bump much?

:confused: I didn't bump this?!?!?! :\
03-06-2011, 08:59 PM #211
Merkii
Former Staff
Originally posted by TasteTheRainBow View Post
Sticky Or GTFO! Thanks For The Tutorial Bro. This Will Be SOO much helpful Nominated Sir...

oh right pcfreak did Winky Winky:confused:
03-06-2011, 09:12 PM #212
Originally posted by MerkLovesToHack View Post
oh right pcfreak did Winky Winky:confused:

You must login or register to view this content. This Guy Did :/
03-06-2011, 09:24 PM #213
Brian235026
< ^ > < ^ >
nice thread very useful was looking to do this can i decrypt retail and hombrew?
03-07-2011, 12:03 AM #214
thanks man for that share + REP

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo