Post: [TUT] How to install map packs onto jailbrocken ps3
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM #1
JaMbO
In Need Of Money
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok guys I have seen a lot of posts asking for a Tut on how to install the Map packs onto a jailbrocken ps3 ok so here it goes

Requirements:
Ps3 on 3.41 with jailbreak
PC
Usb memory stick

1. Download the map packs onto your Pc using the method below
You must login or register to view this content. or if you have BLES 00354 then here Credit to Karoolus You must login or register to view this content.
2. Once you have the map packs on your pc you change the names of the file to something shorter like WAW MP3.pkg or something
3. Put the pkg's onto a usb memory stick
4. Jailbreak your ps3 with hermes v4b
5. Plug Usb in and go to install packages under the game tab
Finally install your map packs and then hack to your hearts concent and dont forget that when you data transfer to new ps3 you have to activate them by dl them of psn and then cancelling
anyway credits to Karoolus and rep him

The following 10 users say thank you to JaMbO for this useful post:

Clanor, Dreamcather, FaTbOyOnAbiKe, gstrang513, Karoolus, shaunyovls25, Solid Snake, Spiral, TeRRy_2oo9, w8t4it
11-24-2010, 05:29 AM #38
DONT_H8_5150
YouTube: jbeltran206
Originally posted by RaMbO View Post
Ok guys I have seen a lot of posts asking for a Tut on how to install the Map packs onto a jailbrocken ps3 ok so here it goes

Requirements:
Ps3 on 3.41 with jailbreak
PC
Usb memory stick

1. Download the map packs onto your Pc using the method below
You must login or register to view this content. or if you have BLES 00354 then here Credit to Karoolus You must login or register to view this content.
2. Once you have the map packs on your pc you change the names of the file to something shorter like WAW MP3.pkg or something
3. Put the pkg's onto a usb memory stick
4. Jailbreak your ps3 with hermes v4b
5. Plug Usb in and go to install packages under the game tab
Finally install your map packs and then hack to your hearts concent and dont forget that when you data transfer to new ps3 you have to activate them by dl them of psn and then cancelling
anyway credits to Karoolus and rep him

Thanks for this, this helped me allot
11-25-2010, 02:46 PM #39
clizzzzz
Blunt Master Jew Slicer
Thnks pimpin...
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM #40
Rainbow Dash
Now 20% Cooler
Originally posted by RaMbO View Post
Sorry to hear this but there is now another way to do this so check the forum for it and you should be able to do it with your payload

I have a 1.0 too but its not a replica just the very first model that is unable to upgrade. Could you link me to this thread? I was checking around and I'm running Hermes v1 LOL
12-14-2010, 12:59 PM #41
JaMbO
In Need Of Money
Originally posted by UberNoobOnline View Post
I have a 1.0 too but its not a replica just the very first model that is unable to upgrade. Could you link me to this thread? I was checking around and I'm running Hermes v1 LOL

I think Karoolus know how to put tem onto it using a different way
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM #42
i selling waw maps just $10
12-14-2010, 09:17 PM #43
isevthrty
Vault dweller
Originally posted by UberNoobOnline View Post
you need to have a payload that let you load retail packages---hermes v.3 or 4 will do it
12-15-2010, 03:20 AM #44
beryce
Goal 500 Posts!
um can someone plz freken help me with installing proxy server it says i need .net and i installed that n it still wont let me get the proxy server
12-15-2010, 09:36 AM #45
Rainbow Dash
Now 20% Cooler
Originally posted by isevthrty View Post
you need to have a payload that let you load retail packages---hermes v.3 or 4 will do it

Well since my computer recognises my JB as a Generic USB instead of a USBKEY even when I press the 'Upgrade' button I cant put any hermes on it Sad Awesome
12-16-2010, 08:27 PM #46
lilelf29
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
same answer to both of you: if you are able to upgrade the software on your dongle, you should check if there's an update available for download somewhere..
if there is, check which payload it uses & if it's v3 or higher, you can install retail packages..

I also use the TI-84 but what JB files do i put on there in order to install these Maps Karoolus?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo