01-28-2011, 10:26 PM #1
fightinillini94
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys,
I just started getting into C++ and was wondering what you guys think is the best C++ IDE to use. I have been using CodeBlocks but was wondering if there is anything out there that is better. Also which one is best for making a gui?
02-02-2011, 02:45 AM #11
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
I use sfml for graphic stuff and windowing. Its the best in my opinion. Then Opengl for 3d stuff. You could make you won GUI's with sfml or find a lib that does them for you.

The following user thanked Ritztro for this useful post:

fightinillini94
02-02-2011, 05:08 PM #12
fightinillini94
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
In Console? Creating windows forms in C++ is very tricky, (for me) its quite a step from console to be honest. But if you do mean console, I have created a header that creates simple menu selection using arrow keys. do you want that?

I already got it from your other thread. Thanks +rep

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
I use sfml for graphic stuff and windowing. Its the best in my opinion. Then Opengl for 3d stuff. You could make you won GUI's with sfml or find a lib that does them for you.

Im gonna try sfml and also that wxwindows. What about a graphical designer to make a simple gui. I remember messing around with a program a couple of years ago where you drag and drop buttons and other components. Any insight?
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM #13
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by fightinillini94 View Post
I already got it from your other thread. Thanks +rep

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Im gonna try sfml and also that wxwindows. What about a graphical designer to make a simple gui. I remember messing around with a program a couple of years ago where you drag and drop buttons and other components. Any insight?

I always use visual c++ for gui's.. But I know it pretty well so I stay with it. But I have heard of qt and how great it is so I would have to recommend qt. It is cross platform also... I just got qt and I can't quite figure out so I would recommend finding some tutorials.
02-02-2011, 09:47 PM #14
fightinillini94
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
I always use visual c++ for gui's.. But I know it pretty well so I stay with it. But I have heard of qt and how great it is so I would have to recommend qt. It is cross platform also... I just got qt and I can't quite figure out so I would recommend finding some tutorials.

thanks for the help man. I found a download to a book for programming with qt. here it is: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to fightinillini94 for this useful post:

Ritztro, TheUberFail
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM #15
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by fightinillini94 View Post
thanks for the help man. I found a download to a book for programming with qt. here it is: You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks for the book! I will check it out!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo