07-07-2016, 06:59 PM #1
seanhellen
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all. After the recent media player ipdate, it has been acting weird. When I open it, it will hang for a few secs, then a message pops up twice stating that the file is corrupted (even though I havent selected a source, let alone a file) and then it will ask if I want to overwrite the corrupted file (I click no just in case something happens.
Then I can move around the app, then when it comes to playing a film, it does exactly the same thing, but will still play the film fine...until I go back/forward or want to select another file, when it does it again.

Any ideas?
07-08-2016, 05:41 PM #2
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Hi all. After the recent media player ipdate, it has been acting weird. When I open it, it will hang for a few secs, then a message pops up twice stating that the file is corrupted (even though I havent selected a source, let alone a file) and then it will ask if I want to overwrite the corrupted file (I click no just in case something happens.
Then I can move around the app, then when it comes to playing a film, it does exactly the same thing, but will still play the film fine...until I go back/forward or want to select another file, when it does it again.

Any ideas?

Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading it?
07-08-2016, 05:54 PM #3
seanhellen
Are you high?
no...it came with the ps4 fw so I assumed you couldnt delete it Happy

Edit - correction. Tried and it didnt fix it
Last edited by seanhellen ; 07-08-2016 at 07:14 PM.

The following user thanked seanhellen for this useful post:

The Dreamer
07-08-2016, 07:39 PM #4
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
no...it came with the ps4 fw so I assumed you couldnt delete it Happy

Edit - correction. Tried and it didnt fix it

Are the movies as .mp4
I watch my movies as mp4 and i habe no problem on the new update
07-08-2016, 07:47 PM #5
seanhellen
Are you high?
They are mkvs. They worked fine before the update. Thing is it does it on the 1st screen (where you select your source. Usb/pc/etc) so unless its trying to populate the recently viewed section with apparently corrupted files, i have no idea why it does it here
07-08-2016, 07:55 PM #6
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
They are mkvs. They worked fine before the update. Thing is it does it on the 1st screen (where you select your source. Usb/pc/etc) so unless its trying to populate the recently viewed section with apparently corrupted files, i have no idea why it does it here

By 1st screen you mean like input for your tv? If yes what does it do
07-08-2016, 10:27 PM #7
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by The
By 1st screen you mean like input for your tv? If yes what does it do

Yeah, the screen that asks you where media is stored (usb/pc) and where fave/recently played are. Everytime i go to this screen (startup or going back to it from a file). Also when i play any video file (mp4/mkv) it does it at the start...including skipping between films, but not when searching fwd/rev through a film.

It just pops up a message titled "Load" saying the file is corrupt, i click ok.
Same message appears again, i click ok again.
Then a message titled "Save" appears asking if i want to overwrite the corrupt file. I click no. Then the film plays.
Funny how it says a film is corrupt, but then proceeds to play it anyways lol

It does the above in all situations I mentioned above that. Doesnt do anything to the film, but it gets very annoying lol
07-08-2016, 11:42 PM #8
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
Do you play videos from a harddrive?
07-09-2016, 09:47 AM #9
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by The
Do you play videos from a harddrive?

Yeah, its on a 1tb hdd. Now youve said that, i could try a vid on another hdd to test if the drive is on its way out

Edit - nope does it with 2 different films (mp4 and mkv) on a new(ish) usb stick so dont think its the hdd going
Last edited by seanhellen ; 07-09-2016 at 10:01 PM.
07-13-2016, 11:36 PM #10
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
mhmm i tried mp4 and mkv on two different external hardrive and they both work try tweeting askplaystation and ask them they will probably tell you to do something to your ps4 in safemode and that will make it work
sorry that i couldnt help you

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo