03-17-2011, 02:30 AM #1
txlonghorn97
Master Prestige, Shotgun zombies. Life complete
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Processor 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2520M (2.5GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz

Graphics card 1GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteryhours of battery life +++

Display 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display

How well would games run on this????
03-17-2011, 02:34 AM #2
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by txlonghorn97 View Post
Processor 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2520M (2.5GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz

What brand is it? It sounds pretty decent but I wouldn't say either way unless I know the brand :y:
03-17-2011, 02:35 AM #3
I'm also guessing its a laptop?
03-17-2011, 02:44 AM #4
txlonghorn97
Originally posted by xPEACExMAKERx View Post
What brand is it? It sounds pretty decent but I wouldn't say either way unless I know the brand :y:

HP Pavilion dv6t Select Edition series

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Armorlightking View Post
I'm also guessing its a laptop?

yep... if my parents get a REAL computer i would be pretty happy but what ever
im not shelling out that much money for something i know that My mom would use 24/7
03-17-2011, 02:46 AM #5
I mean its not bad. It could have trouble playing some bigger FPS games.
03-17-2011, 02:51 AM #6
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
HP Pavilion dv6t Select Edition series

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

yep... if my parents get a REAL computer i would be pretty happy but what ever
im not shelling out that much money for something i know that My mom would use 24/7

Hmm well it would do ok but It would not be good to use this computer for multiple uses, such as web surfing, gaming, work. It's a good computer from what you posted about the info, but computer brands such as HP make there computers for the average user and not for hardcore gamers.

When using a computer like an HP you could probably install and run a few games and be fine, but if you install too many games the computer could become bogged down, especially if your also web browsing and working on the same computer.

I would recommend a DELL gaming computer, Alien Ware, or Toshiba Gaming Computer if you are a hard core gamer, that plays lots of games. If you are an average gamer that wants to play a few games here and there, then the HP will be fine.

Now all of this is just my opinion and there will be people that disagree with me. In the end it's all up to you though mate! :y: Hope I helped.
03-17-2011, 02:54 AM #7
txlonghorn97
Originally posted by Armorlightking View Post
I mean its not bad. It could have trouble playing some bigger FPS games.

such as??? i mainly play cod 4 is why im asking if it could pull around 50-60 fps im fine but the crappy thing im using is not for gaming so it only gets around 25 if im in a good map so yeah. i mostly play paintball,promod and outlaw zombies

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Hmm well it would do ok but It would not be good to use this computer for multiple uses, such as web surfing, gaming, work. It's a good computer from what you posted about the info, but computer brands such as HP make there computers for the average user and not for hardcore gamers.

When using a computer like an HP you could probably install and run a few games and be fine, but if you install too many games the computer could become bogged down, especially if your also web browsing and working on the same computer.

I would recommend a DELL gaming computer, Alien Ware, or Toshiba Gaming Computer if you are a hard core gamer, that plays lots of games. If you are an average gamer that wants to play a few games here and there, then the HP will be fine.

Now all of this is just my opinion and there will be people that disagree with me. In the end it's all up to you though mate! :y: Hope I helped.

i will mainly play call of duty 4 maybe mw2... i just love the mods mostly... could it handle the downloads you get for custom maps and stuff too??
03-17-2011, 02:55 AM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
Processor 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2520M (2.5GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz

Laptops generally aren't the ideal thing to go with for gaming, but that should be more then fine. The only thing that might cause a problem is the gimped 6770 but I really don't see that being an issue
03-17-2011, 03:01 AM #9
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
such as??? i mainly play cod 4 is why im asking if it could pull around 50-60 fps im fine but the crappy thing im using is not for gaming so it only gets around 25 if im in a good map so yeah. i mostly play paintball,promod and outlaw zombies

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

i will mainly play call of duty 4 maybe mw2... i just love the mods mostly... could it handle the downloads you get for custom maps and stuff too??

Yeah if you'll only have 2-3 games installed then the computer would for sure handle all of the map packs since it has a good sized hard drive. This computer will be good for you from what you've told me. Now with that said be sure to shop around for the best computer for the price and if you find something better for a comparable price then jump on it.

You said you play paintball? You mean the Digital Paint Paintball2 game? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by UP View Post
Laptops generally aren't the ideal thing to go with for gaming, but that should be more then fine. The only thing that might cause a problem is the gimped 6770 but I really don't see that being an issue

Actually some of the worlds top gaming computers are lap tops :y: .
03-17-2011, 03:03 AM #10
txlonghorn97
Yeah if you'll only have 2-3 games installed then the computer would for sure handle all of the map packs since it has a good sized hard drive. This computer will be good for you from what you've told me. Now with that said be sure to shop around for the best computer for the price and if you find something better for a comparable price then jump on it.

You said you play paintball? You mean the Digital Paint Paintball2 game? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Actually some of the worlds top gaming computers are lap tops :y: .

cod 4 modern paintball thingy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo