03-17-2011, 02:30 AM #1
txlonghorn97
Master Prestige, Shotgun zombies. Life complete
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Processor 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2520M (2.5GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz

Graphics card 1GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteryhours of battery life +++

Display 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display

How well would games run on this????
03-17-2011, 03:04 AM #11
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by txlonghorn97 View Post
cod 4 modern paintball thingy

Ahh ok lol.
03-17-2011, 03:10 AM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by xPEACExMAKERx View Post
Yeah if you'll only have 2-3 games installed then the computer would for sure handle all of the map packs since it has a good sized hard drive. This computer will be good for you from what you've told me. Now with that said be sure to shop around for the best computer for the price and if you find something better for a comparable price then jump on it.

You said you play paintball? You mean the Digital Paint Paintball2 game? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Actually some of the worlds top gaming computers are lap tops :y: .

If anyone actually believes that then I really feel bad for them. You can pay almost 1.5x more for less hardware wise because you simply can not have desktop hardware that won't take a toll on battery life. Granted laptop hardware has come a long way, and you can game with them, getting one just for that though is dumb, you would be better off getting a desktop and get more performance per dollar
03-17-2011, 03:11 AM #13
txlonghorn97
Master Prestige, Shotgun zombies. Life complete
Ahh ok lol.

its cool... atm im looking at the m15x and the m17x
03-17-2011, 03:20 AM #14
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by UP View Post
If anyone actually believes that then I really feel bad for them. You can pay almost 1.5x more for less hardware wise because you simply can not have desktop hardware that won't take a toll on battery life. Granted laptop hardware has come a long way, and you can game with them, getting one just for that though is dumb, you would be better off getting a desktop and get more performance per dollar

Well the part you're not realizing is gaming computers aren't made to be used without be plugged into a wall. Gaming laptops are made to be easy to pack up and transport to anywhere else that has an outlet to plug it in. The average battery life of a gaming laptop is averaged at about 1-2 hours because all of the high end hardware used to build the computer sucks up the energy.

With all of that said, that would mean that you could get a gaming lap top that is just as good as any gaming desktop and then be able to pack it up and take it wherever you want without having to lug a desktop around to competitions and such.
03-17-2011, 03:59 AM #15
Default Avatar
Oneup
Well the part you're not realizing is gaming computers aren't made to be used without be plugged into a wall. Gaming laptops are made to be easy to pack up and transport to anywhere else that has an outlet to plug it in. The average battery life of a gaming laptop is averaged at about 1-2 hours because all of the high end hardware used to build the computer sucks up the energy.

With all of that said, that would mean that you could get a gaming lap top that is just as good as any gaming desktop and then be able to pack it up and take it wherever you want without having to lug a desktop around to competitions and such.

And what im saying is that when you buy one, you are paying for less, yea you get portability, but if you want to seriously game, you wont be getting a laptop. That's what all the "competition hardware" is all desktop. But from what I can see you'll argue this up and down, so have fun with a laptop running at high temps. Wait what was that?
03-17-2011, 05:20 AM #16
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by UP View Post
And what im saying is that when you buy one, you are paying for less, yea you get portability, but if you want to seriously game, you wont be getting a laptop. That's what all the "competition hardware" is all desktop. But from what I can see you'll argue this up and down, so have fun with a laptop running at high temps. Wait what was that?

Well this will be my last post to you :y: , but you can say that I will pay more for less all you want but there ARE laptops that are just as good as any desktop and will perform at the same rate and can be used for hard core gaming.

And as far as a laptop running at higher heat... That's crap too. you can get water cooled systems to go on an alien ware that work so well the damn computer is cool to the touch.

And have you ever been to a gaming comp? Because from what I've seen at least half of competitive gamers use a gaming laptop :y:

:y: This is all really pointless though. It's all based in opinion. No matter what I say or you say our opinions will still be different.
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM #17
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
Originally posted by txlonghorn97 View Post
Processor 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2520M (2.5GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz

Graphics card 1GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteryhours of battery life +++

Display 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display

How well would games run on this????

You must login or register to view this content.

choose the game then it will tell whether it will works or not
03-18-2011, 05:34 AM #18
Matt1511
R.I.P. MVIEYRA</3
What brand is it? It sounds pretty decent but I wouldn't say either way unless I know the brand :y:

hey man remember when you gave me shit on low rep???? ha look whos beating you. jerk lol but ya
03-18-2011, 06:18 AM #19
The Open Minded
☮✌Peace Maker✌☮
Originally posted by mvieyra View Post
hey man remember when you gave me shit on low rep???? ha look whos beating you. jerk lol but ya

Cool story bro.

The difference is I've NEVER asked for rep. I only get it when people see fit. Not when I see fit.

But you... You have a sig asking for rep :y:

So yeah thank you anyways :carling:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo