04-29-2011, 12:49 AM #1
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I do not consider this a question, mods feel free to move it if you think it is.

I am installing vBulletin using 0fees.net and when I go to install, I get to step to then I get:

Attempting to attach to database

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /home/vol13/0fees.net/fees0_7746606/theelitegamers.0fees.net/htdocs/includes/class_core.php on line 311

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I have no idea what to change in config.php or class_core.php on line 311, I know its line 311 because of Notepad++ (I really recommended it). So, what can I change in config.php or class_core.php on line 311 to make this work? Oh and this is what line 311 is:
    $link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);

Thanks, EvilCow

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

ANYONE??? :cry:
Last edited by Post Count ; 04-28-2011 at 11:43 PM.
04-29-2011, 12:49 AM #2
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄

The following user groaned Post Count for this awful post:

PsYcHoSiS
04-29-2011, 01:54 AM #3
GBish
Banned
Mhm , im not sure if i can help you on this one but try asking Biz or Curt. they seem they know this stuff.
04-29-2011, 01:58 AM #4
xEnhancer
Cracking WI-FI
I was gonna did you the same thing !
04-29-2011, 01:59 AM #5
St0rM
Treasure hunter
Your information is incorrect for your ftp logins, try to type them in again x], its happened to me before.
04-29-2011, 02:04 AM #6
Biz
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by EvilCow View Post
I do not consider this a question, mods feel free to move it if you think it is.

I am installing vBulletin using 0fees.net and when I go to install, I get to step to then I get:

Attempting to attach to database

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /home/vol13/0fees.net/fees0_7746606/theelitegamers.0fees.net/htdocs/includes/class_core.php on line 311

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I have no idea what to change in config.php or class_core.php on line 311, I know its line 311 because of Notepad++ (I really recommended it). So, what can I change in config.php or class_core.php on line 311 to make this work? Oh and this is what line 311 is:
    $link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);

Thanks, EvilCow

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

You have incorrectly inserted database info, please try again and look for the errors. If you are using 000webhost, make sure to use the right "host" not "localhost".
04-29-2011, 02:25 AM #7
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
Originally posted by Biz View Post
You have incorrectly inserted database info, please try again and look for the errors. If you are using 000webhost, make sure to use the right "host" not "localhost".

Ok thanks I'll try it and post tomorrow :love:
04-29-2011, 02:26 AM #8
Biz
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by EvilCow View Post
Ok thanks I'll try it and post tomorrow :love:

Tell me how it went :y:!
04-29-2011, 02:28 AM #9
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
Originally posted by St0rM View Post
Your information is incorrect for your ftp logins, try to type them in again x], its happened to me before.

Can you tell me what line to find to edit it? The FTP is ftp.0fees.net and my username for FTP is fees0_7746606. Where do I put that?
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM #10
St0rM
Treasure hunter
Its pretty self explanatory tbh.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo