04-29-2011, 12:49 AM #1
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I do not consider this a question, mods feel free to move it if you think it is.

I am installing vBulletin using 0fees.net and when I go to install, I get to step to then I get:

Attempting to attach to database

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /home/vol13/0fees.net/fees0_7746606/theelitegamers.0fees.net/htdocs/includes/class_core.php on line 311

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I have no idea what to change in config.php or class_core.php on line 311, I know its line 311 because of Notepad++ (I really recommended it). So, what can I change in config.php or class_core.php on line 311 to make this work? Oh and this is what line 311 is:
    $link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);

Thanks, EvilCow

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

ANYONE??? :cry:
Last edited by Post Count ; 04-28-2011 at 11:43 PM.
05-13-2011, 12:23 AM #38
Post Count
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄
Originally posted by h4x View Post
I know the issue. I had the exact same issue when I was setting mine up. The problem is in config and you must have entered somthing wrong. The issue is you need to add the mysql server host

If you PM me the site details I can do it for you..

Thanks for offering man, But iKeep alreeady helped me :y: I just helped you (the siggy). Check your r3p wall.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo