08-05-2011, 05:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I have a budget of 500$ and live in Canada. I Need my computer to be able to do basic tasks such as browsing and word, etc. But, I also would like to be able to play games on it such as NBA 2k11, if anyone knows where I could get a cheap but powerful device then please let me know.
08-05-2011, 07:51 PM #11
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by Collin
I'd definitely prefer a CPU/GPU solution over an APU any day, I'm just saying that you could build a pretty decent PC with $500.

The APUs, whether Intel or AMD, may not be the most powerful thing in the world, but they are definitely the future. I'll probably always stick with my good ol' graphics cards though.

EDIT: The thing that ALWAYS seems to get you when you're building a budget PC is that you'll always end up going over because you'll need an OS. :/

pirate it. arrrrrrgh.

The following user thanked Winning for this useful post:

Booshykins
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM #12
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by Winning View Post
pirate it. arrrrrrgh.

Good point. :p
08-05-2011, 11:01 PM #13
Originally posted by Maxidor View Post
I would say save up some more money instead of buying one right now. Where i live 500$ wont get you far, especially not if your buying a laptop-

It's a desktop
08-05-2011, 11:18 PM #14
Originally posted by Jesus View Post
Do u need a laptop or desktop cause I could build u a desktop for UR price maybe less that will easily do everything u want

Desktop....like from a website? Reminder : I live in canada don't want shipping to be like 200$ ahaha

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Originally posted by Collin
I'd definitely prefer a CPU/GPU solution over an APU any day, I'm just saying that you could build a pretty decent PC with $500.

The APUs, whether Intel or AMD, may not be the most powerful thing in the world, but they are definitely the future. I'll probably always stick with my good ol' graphics cards though.

EDIT: The thing that ALWAYS seems to get you when you're building a budget PC is that you'll always end up going over because you'll need an OS. :/

I already have windows 7 home so that shouldn't be a problem

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

I'm not too fond of those APU's. I've seen benchmarks on the web and they don't look as powerful as presented to be so.

You must login or register to view this content.

Is this a decent pc?
08-05-2011, 11:42 PM #15
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by mohit911 View Post

You must login or register to view this content.

Is this a decent pc?

It doesn't have a graphics card.
08-05-2011, 11:55 PM #16
It doesn't have a graphics card.

So can I like add one I saw one for 80$
08-05-2011, 11:56 PM #17
PotZombie
Do a barrel roll!
Well I know NBA2K11 is on Onlive you can buy it there if you don't get a good gaming computer. Happy
08-06-2011, 12:00 AM #18
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by mohit911 View Post
So can I like add one I saw one for 80$

It depends on what the motherboard is. And we can't view it. It's best to just find one with a graphics card already.
08-06-2011, 02:19 AM #19
What if it comes with geforce6125se

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo